Watch Dogs 2 Set in San Francisco, Launching in November

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
2,804
0
0
Watch Dogs 2 Set in San Francisco, Launching in November

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1327/1327337.jpg

Permalink
 

MetalheroDamien

Blackwing Hybrid Hero
Mar 25, 2010
52
0
0
dragongit said:
wow, the protagonist looks even more forgettable then the last.
I think it's still Aiden. The person on the bottom is someone else, from Mirror's Edge, by the looks of it.
 

Politrukk

New member
May 5, 2015
605
0
0
Watch dogs one wasn't a bad concept, just underwhelming after the hype and a tad buggy.

If they've significantly improved upon it this could be a blast.
 

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
1,974
0
0
I'm not holding my breath for this, frankly.

Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the same stunt a second time.
 

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
938
0
0
As the only person who liked the first game I'm really looking forward to more. Here's hoping they expand on the mobile companion game and don't just abandon the concept...it takes so long to get matches now.
 

Saulkar

Regular Member
Legacy
Sep 18, 2020
3,142
2
13
Country
Canuckistan
And I bet the iconic main character will sport his iconic hat for his iconic mission in an iconic city to bring down the iconic bad guys using his iconic set of skills, iconic.
 

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
2,065
0
41
SnowyGamester said:
As the only person who liked the first game I'm really looking forward to more. Here's hoping they expand on the mobile companion game and don't just abandon the concept...it takes so long to get matches now.
"As *one of the only people* who"

Thought I'd do some spell-check, 'cause I liked the first one too.
That said, I'm not terribly excited for this, oh, I'm gonna buy it, I'm just not terribly excited for it. I liked the first one, didn't love it but liked it, unless they show some seriously impressive stuff at E3 to get me on their hype train, it's probably gonna stay that way; even then I'll remember the nonsense that happened with the last game so I don't know, looks like I just wrote a lot to simply say "I'm gonna buy it but I'm not terribly excited".
 

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
2,636
114
68
Extra-Ordinary said:
SnowyGamester said:
As the only person who liked the first game I'm really looking forward to more. Here's hoping they expand on the mobile companion game and don't just abandon the concept...it takes so long to get matches now.
"As *one of the only people* who"

Thought I'd do some spell-check, 'cause I liked the first one too.
That said, I'm not terribly excited for this, oh, I'm gonna buy it, I'm just not terribly excited for it. I liked the first one, didn't love it but liked it, unless they show some seriously impressive stuff at E3 to get me on their hype train, it's probably gonna stay that way; even then I'll remember the nonsense that happened with the last game so I don't know, looks like I just wrote a lot to simply say "I'm gonna buy it but I'm not terribly excited".
I enjoyed it myself, though certainly it didn't really deliver on its hype, and a lot of the Driver-sequel-leftover junk in it kind of clogged up the game (and made the supposed morality of the protagonist seriously dissonant, in side-quest form).


Of course, one thing that eludes me is how they even tie it as a sequel. The titular Watch Dogs were a side (and sort of antagonistic) group to the main narratives. There was never any indication of Aiden or even T-Bone deciding to start up some vigilante club franchise. So why is some dude in San Francisco suddenly wearing Aiden's mask thing to be a vigilante? Assassin's Creed at least established that the Assassin's were a thing that existed, Watch_Dog's was a closed off tale about one guy.

They could go Far Cry on it, of course, but Far Cry didn't bother copying over one guys outfit to the next.
 

pearcinator

New member
Apr 8, 2009
1,212
0
0
First game was ok, completely outshone by GTAV which released months earlier. The first trailer was very exciting and had amazing graphics (pity it was all bullshit). I was excited that the main character shared my surname haha (Pearce)

I bought into the hype for Watch_Dogs 1, will wait and decide for Watch_Dogs 2 after reviews come out. San Francisco is a good start as I've actually been there so I would recognise some parts. Never been to Chicago so I had no real connection to the city. When will they ever set a game in Sydney, Australia (even though my knowledge of the city is basically how to get to the airport lol) or something?
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
7,484
900
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
pearcinator said:
San Francisco is a good start as I've actually been there so I would recognise some parts. Never been to Chicago so I had no real connection to the city. When will they ever set a game in Sydney, Australia (even though my knowledge of the city is basically how to get to the airport lol) or something?
Been to San Francisco too - it's actually the only place in the US I've ever visited (unless you include Hawaii). Absolutely beautiful city. Shame Aidan is going to tear it up. :(

And as someone who lives in Sydney, if you know how to get to the airport without any fuss, you're still a better navigator than me (if I'm travelling alone I usually just catch the train into the terminal).
 

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
8,407
0
0
I wonder if they will use the beach valley or silicon valley cliques as enemies.

dragongit said:
wow, the protagonist looks even more forgettable then the last.
Given that hackers take great pains to look as forgettable as possible so noone would remmeber then being there...

Deathfish15 said:
Care and/or hype after the disappointing 1st game is zero. Bleh.
1st one was pretty good. Its not as good as the hype (obviuosly) but its actually pretty decent game with fun mechanics and good world.

SnowyGamester said:
As the only person who liked the first game I'm really looking forward to more. Here's hoping they expand on the mobile companion game and don't just abandon the concept...it takes so long to get matches now.
God i hope not. i got absolutely 0 interest in mobile companion games and find they tend to diminish from the game itself.
 

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
938
0
0
Strazdas said:
God i hope not. i got absolutely 0 interest in mobile companion games and find they tend to diminish from the game itself.
Have you played it? It's not some match three puzzle game or card collection rubbish that serves only as a stat booster. It's an actual game. An asymmetrical RTS - albeit a fairly simple one. It really needs more game modes but the base game is super satisfying knowing that you're smashing someone playing the main game. The asymmetrical drop-in/drop-out multiplayer modes are probably one of the best things to come out of the first game.