Watch Dogs: 30 FPS on Both Xbox One and PS4, Confirms Ubisoft

Kungfusam

Jun 26, 2013
clippen05 said:
Always be more convenient is subject to opinion really, especially considering you can get something like a Steambox. And having more exclusives is blatantly wrong. So blatantly wrong.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/big-pc-exclusives-of-2014-and-2015-31035102/

And that's not even half of the titles. (And Tropico5 is on that list when its coming out on 360 and PS4)
I'll concede that Consoles have lost alot of convince, but there's nothing stopping most of those heading to console, nothing is exclusive to PC unless its to complex for console, MMO's RTS' s ect

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Kungfusam said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Kungfusam said:
Are people genuinely expecting console to ever be on par with PC's?

I say this as console gamer, but PC will always be technically better then consoles and consoles will always get more exclusives be more convenient for gaming

There are pro's and cons to both, with PC's normally having the advantage
u wut m8?

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-video-games-of-2013

just in 2013 PC got more good games[footnote]games with 75 or more on metacritic[/footnote] than all the home consoles combined, in fact it got more good games than all the home consoles combined times two

now i dont know how many of those titles just happen to be multiplats that missed one or 2 consoles but included PC, but still
I said more, not better, and by more I mean AAA, since consoles tend to focus on exclusives to sell them
actually evidence seems to point out PC simply flatout gets more games, but regarding AAA i dont know

Kungfusam said:
clippen05 said:
Always be more convenient is subject to opinion really, especially considering you can get something like a Steambox. And having more exclusives is blatantly wrong. So blatantly wrong.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/big-pc-exclusives-of-2014-and-2015-31035102/

And that's not even half of the titles. (And Tropico5 is on that list when its coming out on 360 and PS4)
I'll concede that Consoles have lost alot of convince, but there's nothing stopping most of those heading to console, nothing is exclusive to PC unless its to complex for console, MMO's RTS' s ect
same thing with consoles, theres basically no game on consoles that cant be ported to PC, in fact, many of the "exclusives" both Sony and Microsoft secured, are avaliable on PC as well, such as planetside 2 and titanfall

theres only so many games Sony and Microsoft alone can release at a time (those 2 are almost the only mayor developer releasing exclusive titles on one platform), the huge amount of devs that work on PC can easily release more titles than microsoft and Sony combined

MeTalHeD

Feb 19, 2014
wolfehound22 said:
I'm glad I can enjoy the game's on their own regardless of whether it runs at 60fps and 1080p or not. Is it disappointing sure, but is it horrible news no. As long as the game is fun then I could care less. Give me a solid 30fps over the occasional 60fps. I've been playing and enjoying games all my life, and very few could ever make the clame of running at those specs.

And to those saying what a disappointing gen this is, come on now, its 6 months in. We weren't getting anything special last gen till at least a year. I'd give it some more time before you call this gen a failure.

And to those that already have a pc, and hadn't planned on getting a PS4 or and X1, what is the point of you all trolling this area. If you have one of the consoles I can understand, if not then I don't really see a reason your hear, other than to be a bunch if trolls.
Not so fast there. While the 60fps 1080p "ideal" might not be happening as quickly as people expected, you're missing something here. Gamers were promised that the game would run at 60fps at 1080. This might seem like a "high" standard, but we have to draw the line somewhere. You're saying "we're only 6 months in" but that's the point! We're only 6 months in and it's already being pushed to its limit.

You're also missing that gamers were promised that 60fps and 1080p would be no problem on the current generation of consoles - even if the console is able to run at 1080p, why then is the game not using this potential? Keep in mind TV screens aren't exactly getting smaller, and suddenly NOT being able to run at higher resolutions will be a problem in future for a console huffing and puffing before getting anywhere near 1080.

As for "very few could claim to run at those specs" - there's a reason HDMI cables exist. Even if the game runs at 720p people bought HDMI cables to "upscale" so they can play on larger TV screens. There is a demand for higher resolution for greater detail (such as Blu Ray technology, for example).

Keep in mind that there is a difference between, say, the console being able to run at 1080p and the game being able to do so. PC games have been able to run at 1080p for years now, so it shouldn't be ground breaking news that games can run at that resolution. Console games use the console's available technology to run at whatever resolution. The PS3 could run at 1080p, but not all games could (as you mentioned) however, as I said earlier, gamers were promised that this would be a reality in the current gen.

This means that when you say not many games could claim to run at those specs, you're right, but that's previous gen stuff when they WANT you to buy the next gen console. Why even bother buying a PS4 or an XBOX One then? If you're happy with 720p then why purchase something when you're getting the same experience from your PS3? You'd be paying through your teeth to stay exactly where you are (graphically, at least). But I doubt Sony and Microsoft want developers to ignore their shiny new machines in favour of older technology - I just don't see that happening.

Regarding the PC gamers and trolls comment, sorry but you don't get to decide if PC gamers can or cannot post here. I played on console before I even had a sniff of PC gaming and I am sad to see what has become of console gaming. The PC gamers who you are referring to have a point - the promises made to gamers have not been delivered and the so-called "super-powered PCs" they were going to become seem to be fading away only 6 months into the current generation. I even remember reading an article about the PS4 having technology that PCs couldn't match - the author had to make many corrections thereafter. Either the hype machine got to him or he was extremely ignorant of what PCs actually have under the hood.

Consoles have finally hit the point where they cannot improve the technology without competing with PCs for cost. If they place in better technology, the price would jump to the point where gamers would begin to consider ploughing their disposable income into a PC because they'd get better bang for their buck - wider range of overall better games, better technology and a machine with multiple uses. This would put Sony and Microsoft in a difficult position because they appeal to an audience who either don't have the budget for a PC or who don't have the technical know-how (or both). Not knowing or not having the money are not crimes, by the way - I am not judging people for wanting or enjoying consoles. I just believe that gamers are getting a raw deal from console and game developers.

If PC gaming ever became cheaper than console gaming, there'd most likely be some sort of a migration. Many of them would not be happy to move over to PC because they would have to become accustomed to some of the technical bits, but when it's a choice between PC or no gaming - because you can't afford a console and are determined to game - you'll quickly learn how to install drivers, replace thermal gel or figure out what the merits of Ubuntu are (if you're willing to go down THAT road).

Gamers are serious about having fun :p

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Bahaha this is so pathetic. Watching the parade of misfires and fuck-ups that is this generation of consoles just makes me even more glad that I jumped ship to PC. These "next-gen" consoles are disappointments through and through. No games to play on them and even the ones available are running at shit-tier resolution and fps.

MeTalHeD

Feb 19, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
Kungfusam said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Kungfusam said:

I say this as console gamer, but PC will always be technically better then consoles and consoles will always get more exclusives be more convenient for gaming

u wut m8?

just in 2013 PC got more good games[footnote]games with 75 or more on metacritic[/footnote] than all the home consoles combined, in fact it got more good games than all the home consoles combined times two

now i dont know how many of those titles just happen to be multiplats that missed one or 2 consoles but included PC, but still
I said more, not better, and by more I mean AAA, since consoles tend to focus on exclusives to sell them
actually evidence seems to point out PC simply flatout gets more games, but regarding AAA i dont know
Also, AAA doesn't necessarily guarantee better. Titanfall for the Xbox One received rave reviews from reviewers but pretty average from the...uh...average user. Why the huge discrepancy? http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/titanfall?recent-sort=userscore

Also, when looking at the user reviews for Xbox One games, they haven't hit more than 7.8 for any of their games (Metacritic again). I tend to trust user reviews a bit more because they've been looked at by many different people and they tend to give a clearer idea of the quality of the game. If 5 reviewers give the game 8/10 and 100 users give it 6/10 (averages) I won't discount the reviewer's score, but more people equals more insight and less bias.

I don't see that many exclusives either - Halo: Spartan Assault, Titanfall and COD: Ghosts are all on PC as well and they're all "AAA" titles. Terrible to boot. Fair enough, those are all "new" on the next gen console, but if we're going to use AAA as the standard, it isn't exactly very high these days.

And Nuclear Kangaroo is right. While Tekken doesn't seem to be porting it's way to PC anytime soon (I haven't seen a Tekken 7 on the cards for PS4), enough AAA titles are making or have made their way to PC to suggest that the "exclusives" pool that consoles used to have is looking rather dry, especially lately. If, however, you're talking Indie titles, that's different because Indie developers do not necessarily release cross platform titles. Someone could make an indie title strictly for the PS4 or for the PC.

AAA titles are like people these days...more and more seem to be swinging both ways...

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
JUMBO PALACE said:
Bahaha this is so pathetic. Watching the parade of misfires and fuck-ups that is this generation of consoles just makes me even more glad that I jumped ship to PC. These "next-gen" consoles are disappointments through and through. No games to play on them and even the ones available are running at shit-tier resolution and fps.
PC isn't competing in the console market so how can you jump ship to PC?

Honestly this hate seems to be very confined to a select amount of forums on the internet. Had no issues myself and not heard much ragging on consoles in RL and that is with most of my friends having Xbones.

The IGC might just be even worse than the IWC.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Another opportunity for PC gamers to state the obvious, another session of smug sampling because I actually find it amusing that the ego can stay this inflated for so long.

As for the resolution, well I'm not going to hate Watch Dogs over the fps/resolution, but every bit of news is just making it look sadder and sadder seeing how it was supposed to be the "big" game of the generation (besides Titanfall for shooters).

wolfehound22

Nov 18, 2013
MeTalHeD said:
wolfehound22 said:
I'm glad I can enjoy the game's on their own regardless of whether it runs at 60fps and 1080p or not. Is it disappointing sure, but is it horrible news no. As long as the game is fun then I could care less. Give me a solid 30fps over the occasional 60fps. I've been playing and enjoying games all my life, and very few could ever make the clame of running at those specs.

And to those saying what a disappointing gen this is, come on now, its 6 months in. We weren't getting anything special last gen till at least a year. I'd give it some more time before you call this gen a failure.

And to those that already have a pc, and hadn't planned on getting a PS4 or and X1, what is the point of you all trolling this area. If you have one of the consoles I can understand, if not then I don't really see a reason your hear, other than to be a bunch if trolls.
Not so fast there. While the 60fps 1080p "ideal" might not be happening as quickly as people expected, you're missing something here. Gamers were promised that the game would run at 60fps at 1080. This might seem like a "high" standard, but we have to draw the line somewhere. You're saying "we're only 6 months in" but that's the point! We're only 6 months in and it's already being pushed to its limit.

You're also missing that gamers were promised that 60fps and 1080p would be no problem on the current generation of consoles - even if the console is able to run at 1080p, why then is the game not using this potential? Keep in mind TV screens aren't exactly getting smaller, and suddenly NOT being able to run at higher resolutions will be a problem in future for a console huffing and puffing before getting anywhere near 1080.

As for "very few could claim to run at those specs" - there's a reason HDMI cables exist. Even if the game runs at 720p people bought HDMI cables to "upscale" so they can play on larger TV screens. There is a demand for higher resolution for greater detail (such as Blu Ray technology, for example).

Keep in mind that there is a difference between, say, the console being able to run at 1080p and the game being able to do so. PC games have been able to run at 1080p for years now, so it shouldn't be ground breaking news that games can run at that resolution. Console games use the console's available technology to run at whatever resolution. The PS3 could run at 1080p, but not all games could (as you mentioned) however, as I said earlier, gamers were promised that this would be a reality in the current gen.

This means that when you say not many games could claim to run at those specs, you're right, but that's previous gen stuff when they WANT you to buy the next gen console. Why even bother buying a PS4 or an XBOX One then? If you're happy with 720p then why purchase something when you're getting the same experience from your PS3? You'd be paying through your teeth to stay exactly where you are (graphically, at least). But I doubt Sony and Microsoft want developers to ignore their shiny new machines in favour of older technology - I just don't see that happening.

Regarding the PC gamers and trolls comment, sorry but you don't get to decide if PC gamers can or cannot post here. I played on console before I even had a sniff of PC gaming and I am sad to see what has become of console gaming. The PC gamers who you are referring to have a point - the promises made to gamers have not been delivered and the so-called "super-powered PCs" they were going to become seem to be fading away only 6 months into the current generation. I even remember reading an article about the PS4 having technology that PCs couldn't match - the author had to make many corrections thereafter. Either the hype machine got to him or he was extremely ignorant of what PCs actually have under the hood.

Consoles have finally hit the point where they cannot improve the technology without competing with PCs for cost. If they place in better technology, the price would jump to the point where gamers would begin to consider ploughing their disposable income into a PC because they'd get better bang for their buck - wider range of overall better games, better technology and a machine with multiple uses. This would put Sony and Microsoft in a difficult position because they appeal to an audience who either don't have the budget for a PC or who don't have the technical know-how (or both). Not knowing or not having the money are not crimes, by the way - I am not judging people for wanting or enjoying consoles. I just believe that gamers are getting a raw deal from console and game developers.

If PC gaming ever became cheaper than console gaming, there'd most likely be some sort of a migration. Many of them would not be happy to move over to PC because they would have to become accustomed to some of the technical bits, but when it's a choice between PC or no gaming - because you can't afford a console and are determined to game - you'll quickly learn how to install drivers, replace thermal gel or figure out what the merits of Ubuntu are (if you're willing to go down THAT road).

Gamers are serious about having fun :p
I hear what your saying, but my point is that I have been playing games my whole life, and enjoying them regardless of graphics. I never went out and bought a game souly for better graphics, or higher frame rate. If the game was good and wasn't a technical mess than I was happy. As far as promise, yes that was a mistake, but I highly doubt they are at the limit of these machines. Sure I've heard devs say that, but they were saying that at the beginning of last gen, yet every year there better looking games being released.

Unlike the people you discuss, I know the consoles can not compete with a PC, but I also have no desire to build a gaming PC. I was simply stating that regardless what Watch Dogs runs at, if it is a fun game, then I'm happy.

As far as why did I jump to the new system, because frame rate aside, these machines are more powerful than the old gen, which brings the possibility of games doing different things, better AI, bigger worlds, etc. I play games because I like to be entertained, and have fun, and at some point the old systems won't be supported.

And your right I can not tell anyone not to post, you and a few other people aside, most of the other people are here simply to say, "ha. these consoles suck, glad I have a PC", which brings nothing to the conversation.

wolfehound22

Nov 18, 2013
NuclearKangaroo said:
Kungfusam said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Kungfusam said:

u wut m8?

Kungfusam said:
clippen05 said:

same thing with consoles, theres basically no game on consoles that cant be ported to PC, in fact, many of the "exclusives" both Sony and Microsoft secured, are avaliable on PC as well, such as planetside 2 and titanfall

theres only so many games Sony and Microsoft alone can release at a time (those 2 are almost the only mayor developer releasing exclusive titles on one platform), the huge amount of devs that work on PC can easily release more titles than microsoft and Sony combined
Well IPhone get's way more games than anything, that doesn't make it the better way to go. I'm not saying PC compares to phones, but the argument that something get's more games than the other, doesn't hold up. It's the amount of high quality games that come out. I haven't checked, but since the PS4 and XBone were release, what top notch exclusive has been released on PC? I'm serious not trolling, but I am actually wondering what game's that aren't out anywhere else, or won't be coming out has been released.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Okay so I don't really care all that much from any particular standpoint since I don't own and don't plan on owning either of these systems and that while I will own the PC version eventually it might be Assassins Creed 3 level of Bad Ubisoft ports but I have a question.
What is with all the dumb resolutions that the new gen is being brought in exactly? 900P? 792P? Really? Also why?

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
The resolution isn't that much of the problem, but the framerate... FPS is important. It makes the game run smoother, so it does have an actual impact on gameplay. Its concerning that, for all the hype Ubisoft spread across the community about this game, they can't even manage 60 FPS on the so-called superior PS4.

Not getting a "next-gen" console is looking like a better decision with each passing day.

Also, I hope Ubisoft has received a large slice of humble-pie; don't lie to the community, you'll only look like a colossal fuck up when you're exposed.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
I'd be all "hahahaha, PC master race" but as it stands my old-ish computer wouldn't even handle the resolution they were trying to achieve on the consoles. Of course, I won't be able to handle their lower resolution goals either because Ubisoft are just lousy at porting. This would a problem except I've lost all my excitement for this game for several reasons. One is I'm tired of Ubisoft. I haven't gotten Rayman Legends because of that. If it was under another publisher I wouldn't doubt it for a second. Another reason is this nifty little table:

That just very graphically sums up my opinion of Ubisoft's business practices, and I don't want to be a part of that anymore.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
wolfehound22 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Kungfusam said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Kungfusam said:

u wut m8?

Kungfusam said:
clippen05 said:

Well IPhone get's way more games than anything, that doesn't make it the better way to go. I'm not saying PC compares to phones, but the argument that something get's more games than the other, doesn't hold up. It's the amount of high quality games that come out. I haven't checked, but since the PS4 and XBone were release, what top notch exclusive has been released on PC? I'm serious not trolling, but I am actually wondering what game's that aren't out anywhere else, or won't be coming out has been released.
the metacritic article shows PC got 46 games with 75 points on metacritic or higher, ALL the other consoles combined got a total of 21 games with 75 points or higher

well lets see, since nothing remarkable was really relesed last year for either the PS4 or the Xbone i say we ignore it, this year the PS4 got infamous second son, a highly anticipated, highly marketed, AAA exclusive, it got an 80 on metacritic, the following games scored equal or higher on metacritic

Age of Wonders III - 80
ETHER One - 80
The Banner Saga - 80
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - 81
Broken Age act 1 - 82
The Blackwell Epiphany - 84
SMITE - 84
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - 87 (tough a console port is expected to arrive later this year)
Kentucky Route Zero - Act III - 92 (tough this only has 4 reviews so far)

plus if you only game on PS4, you wouldnt be able to play these PC games

Titanfall - 86
Heartstone - 88
Year Walk - 87
Steins;Gate - 86 (only 4 reviews so far)

and if you had an xbox one you wouldnt be able to play any of the above either, minus titanfall but adding luftrausers and towerfall ascention to the list

one could actually say PC is getting WAY too many good games at the moment, game development there is becoming crazy competitive

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Charcharo said:
Pedro The Hutt said:
To those bragging about the PC, it is worth noting that the PC version's system specs are off the charts and you'll need a top end PC to get 60fps at 1080p with everything maxed there, so I think Ubisoft simply have a bad engine going on.
Since whem were system specs things I must trust?
If I were to believe System specs, my old PC should not/barely run Dishnored...
I ran it maxed out 60 fps 1680x1050...
Yeah.
Ubisoft have a historically awful history when it comes to PC ports though, it might even be worse than advertised.

Dec 16, 2009
Think its about time Xbone and PS4 owners gave up the fight with the bragging competition. Sounds like they just tweaked the last gen

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
This gen is so last gen. And we're already a year in. Where is the 7th gen optimism? Where is the wonder that anything is possible? At the beginning of the gen?

Because it seems its been shot in the back of the head and buried along side all the devs EA has killed.

Now its compromises, and low expectations.
This new gen feels a lot like last gen...only we've seemed to have given up a couple of years early that things will get better.

Rellik San said:
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Wii U port actually supported 1080p 60fps?

Anyone? At all? Nope? Just me then?
This would come out of nowhere and I would love for this to happen. I'm waiting for this version anyway so even if the framerate isn't as good as the XBone, there'll still be a Gamepad map and, menu...probably.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Morins backpedaling puts me in mind of Critical Miss and 'Momparisons'. They cant deliver what they said they would so now its not all about grapics and resolution anymore because its 'just as good'

Dear oh dear Ubisoft, you sure screwed the pooch on this one.

misg

Apr 13, 2013
All I can say is PC, PS4 or xbox1. Doesn't seem to matter, a decent PC will best these "next gen" systems easily and it's only going to get worst and worst with each passing year. Consoles should be 2 years head of a mid build pc at launch and they weren't anywhere near where they should of been.