Watch Dogs' Enemies Can Track You Back

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Watch Dogs' Enemies Can Track You Back

Just because you can hack anything in Watch Dogs, doesn't mean police won't be able to locate you.

We've heard a lot about Watch Dogs' emphasis on connectivity, specifically how you can hack into any electronic item during Aiden Pearce's quest for justice. However, that doesn't mean that it's going to be a walk in the park. In Ubisoft's latest gameplay footage, enemies are using their own networks to hunt you down, forcing snap decisions as police and other enemies track your movements.

The walkthrough trailer opens as Pearce hears his name over a police intercom. Police cruisers patrol the streets all around you, while a helicopter's spotlight sweeps the environment from a birds-eye view. Being noticed will alert units to your location, triggering a high-speed pursuit until you can lose those tracking you. Once you've ditched your car however, you still won't be safe; ordinary citizens on the street will recognize your face from live news reports, and any one of them might use their cell phone to call 911. Once they're on your trail, you're free to hack, sneak, or brawl your way past enemies, but the game's tense atmosphere suggests you don't have long to decide which before the noose tightens.

Watch Dogs will be coming to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 systems on November 19. The game's PS4 and Xbox One versions will be released on another date in Q4 2013.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Excellent. This promises to make things a lot more fun. Encounters that you can't really predict tend to make things a lot more interesting, if not better, I find. Definitely going to be picking this one up.

Eliwood10

Feb 4, 2013
I've been hyped for this game since last E3. I'm even more hyped after this trailer. This and Kingdom Hearts 3 have already sold me the PS4.

On another note, it's nice to see a game where the player is actually obeying traffic laws while driving around the city (until the car chase, of course). That's just something that's always bugged me. And it actually looks pretty easy to control compared to most driving I've seen in games.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I've never seen a sandbox game where you can impact the environment in such a large way (specifically the blackout). It's a seemingly small feature but it still adds to the scale of the game.
Consider me hyped.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Ldude893 said:
I've never seen a sandbox game where you can impact the environment in such a large way (specifically the blackout). It's a seemingly small feature but it still adds to the scale of the game.
Consider me hyped.
I'm guessing that's the game's "super move" with the giant cooldown, but yeah the fact that you change the enviroment rather that use powers based on yourself is a nice way to go.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
This game is a must-buy...it looks SO good! I might get it for WiiU (If I end up getting one) as the game seems like a perfect fit for the console!

Also, the main character's surname is 'Pearce'. Just like mine! Spelled correctly yay

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
It. Sounds. Sexy.

I should be working (Exam in a few hours) but MAN I am hyped for Watch_Dogs. Its half the reason I am building a new PC (The other half being Rome Total War 2).

Seriously, the sound design when he hit the tunnel was just amazing. The scene where he helps out his friend looks like it would be infuriating though, yet still quite interesting. I particularly liked the closing segments, following the blackout he shoots both cops in the legs to take them down. I guess that is more of a "Lighter shades of grey" playthrough being advertised.

I like the idea of this game. A sandbox where you can be a cyberterrorist, it is every angry-pessimistic-governmenthating nerds dream.

RikuoAmero

Jan 27, 2010
I'm confused. Why bother making a current-gen version (360 and PS3) when just a couple months later, you can get a much better version on much more powerful hardware? If it was next-gen exclusive, that would be a reason for people to want to get the new consoles. Now, those who are hyped about Watchdogs can just say to themselves "Nah, I'll get it for 360/PS3, no need for the new machines". To me, it seems like a poor business decision.

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
This sounds like what GTA already offers, but with actual real world logic implemented. It's a sign that developers are getting tired of the same old idiot cannon fodder A.I., and I like it.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
RikuoAmero said:
I'm confused. Why bother making a current-gen version (360 and PS3) when just a couple months later, you can get a much better version on much more powerful hardware? If it was next-gen exclusive, that would be a reason for people to want to get the new consoles. Now, those who are hyped about Watchdogs can just say to themselves "Nah, I'll get it for 360/PS3, no need for the new machines". To me, it seems like a poor business decision.
This way, more people can buy it. Many people will wait before getting a next-gen console, which means that Watch Dogs would sell less. And judging from this video, it deserves to sell a lot.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I don't get it..

I keep throwing money at the screen, but nothing happens.

WHY DOESN'T IT WORK?! D; I just want the game.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
the more i see, the more i want it. this looks really awesome and looks like it will deliver many thrills. the police dont appear to be stupid either and the way they track you down and communicate is pretty realistic.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
If I just watched real gameplay and not just a sequence of QTE, I like it.

the arbitrarity of the action action well, hopefully due to the open world, where thing happen with ot without you.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
I just can't make myself believe that what we have been shown in the game is not simply scripted to show it off.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Yeah, that does sound really awesome, adding an actual police presence to the game that act useful but not all powerful, something that few games do.

However, I'm doing my best to not hype out about this game, considering the possibilities that it could just end up being the same thing for each mission and end up being more of a chore than anything. Having said that, it's really hard not to hype out over this game. I'm trying though, and that's what matters, right?