Watch Dogs Revised PC Specs Are Even More Demanding

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Watch Dogs Revised PC Specs Are Even More Demanding

You'll now need a minimum of 6 GB of RAM to run Watch Dogs.

Earlier in the month, Tweeted [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128392-Update-Watch-Dogs-Wont-Run-on-32-Bit-Windows] that these weren't the real specs, and to expect something a little lower.

Now, some revised specs have been put up on the Uplay service, and contrary to Viard's assurance, they are actually higher than the previously released ones. You'll now need a minimum of 6 GB of RAM (up from 4GB) just to run the game, and the Quad Q6600 example processor posted earlier has been replaced with the much beefier Quad Q8400.

The recommended specs have remained more or less the same, and the game will still require a 64 bit version of Windows to run. Check out the full specs below:

MINIMUM

Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

RECOMMENDED

Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Soruce: Uplay Client via Video Gamer [http://www.videogamer.com/pc/watch_dogs/news/watch_dogs_revised_pc_system_requirements_are_even_more_demanding_than_the_last_ones.html]

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
whooah beefy my old rig only just meets minimum for processor and GPU and needs 2 GB more of ram
my current rig on the other hand meets it
will be good to finally give it a work out maybe i should give it a bit of over clocking it is water cooled after all

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Thank goodness I am getting this on console. Don't have to worry about minimum specs and so on. (Specs I would not have been able to fulfill on my budget)

Also, didn't Viard just blatantly lie?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
I have it preordered for PS4 but with specs like that I must admit a PC copy looks appealing. Haven't had a game even come close to my system specs yet. Eh it'd probably be a bad port, will wait and get a pc copy cheap later on.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I'm starting to get the impression they are jacking up the PC requirements in order to force people to buy the console versions instead.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I call bullshit - just the same as that COD Ghosts story, this is a game that's also to run on current-gen consoles.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
My poor 4GB RAM, I cannot even run it on minimum specs. Not that I particularly want the game mind, but it is definitely time to start considering an upgrade or a new computer. The next generation is out of my reach otherwise, it's only going to get higher.

InterrogationBear

Mar 6, 2013
008Zulu said:
I'm starting to get the impression they are jacking up the PC requirements in order to force people to buy the console versions instead.
The problem is, Nvidia paid them to increase the requirements.

Remember, COD is still using a heavily modified Quake 3 engine.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Sweet zombie jesus. I don't meet the recommended specs, that's something I haven't had happen in a long time. I knew my system wasn't aging when I couldn't play The Witcher 2 on ultra or whatever it was without framerate issues but daaaaaaaaaamn. I only have 8 gigs of RAM, now I'll have to grab a new motherboard, newer and bigger RAM, may as well grab a new processor and video card while I'm at it too.... christ that'll be nice and expensive

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I'm guessing that it's one of those games that kind of require a demo. Maybe I'm just a little bit crazy.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Legion said:
My poor 4GB RAM, I cannot even run it on minimum specs. Not that I particularly want the game mind, but it is definitely time to start considering an upgrade or a new computer. The next generation is out of my reach otherwise, it's only going to get higher.
Same here, thank god most of what I play these days is indie stuff anyway T_T

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Eeeeeep!

...Hello, Newegg? Um, can I suggest you schedule a really good deal on RAM to coincide with mid-to-late November? Trust me, you'll make it up on volume.