Watch Dogs Revised PC Specs Are Even More Demanding

Il_Exile_lI

Jun 23, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
I'll be happy to skip this gen if they keep ramping up the specs like this for a shitty 6 hours game, or in this case, a 20 hours game with 12 hours of fluff, effectively making it an 8 hour game.

The only game that can truly make me upgrade my PC is The Witcher 3.
I didn't realize you had played the game, determined how long it is, and documented exactly how much of the content is worthwhile.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Hmm.. I'm not good when it comes to CPU. Can someone help me out? I have a Intel i7 920 Quad Core, you guys think I'm okay? I also got 12 GB RAM DDR3, think that should be good enough.. But dang, those are pretty demanding, haven't seen a demanding game for a while now.

Dec 16, 2009
InterrogationBear said:
The problem is, Nvidia paid them to increase the requirements.

funny thing is, going off the only game on that list i could own, Blacklist, i thoght oh no, a life of low fram rates. But today i got the latest update and the fps was hitting 80's and 90's. lets hope improved optimisation keepts my hardware alive for longer

Dec 16, 2009
romxxii said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
what is going on with these specs recently?

the games are gonna run on PS3, PS4, 360 and Xbone, why we needing super beefy rigs to hit recommended settings.

the APU's are only 1.6ghz on the PS4/Xbone! what are the graphics card specs, anyone know?
IIRC The Xbone and PS4's GPUs are at 1.6 and 1.8 TFLOPs respectively. That might put them on par with an HD 7790 and 7850 respectively.

I'm assuming uncompressed textures designed for higher-res 4K displays. That, or it will have large, contiguous maps.
heres hoping my 7770 HD can meet minumum for a few years until we figure out what the average requirements are to keep up with the console ports

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
008Zulu said:
I'm starting to get the impression they are jacking up the PC requirements in order to force people to buy the console versions instead.

While usually I'd dismiss this as suspicious overload. I really have NO other explanation for this fuckery.

I need to look at how these games run/are put together, to even have an inkling.

Can anyone from any of these dev teams come out to the public and explain? Any of them?

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Half of me is leaping with joy that I get to finally put my rig to full use. The other half of me is worried that most people (Not talking about core gamers here. I'm talking about the majority of gamers) won't know about this and get a nasty shock when they buy it, or savvy people without the requirements not buying it and dropping sales. I can just see Ubisoft using that as a reason to claim PC gaming doesn't work, God knows major publishers have been looking for those for years.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
InterrogationBear said:
008Zulu said:
I'm starting to get the impression they are jacking up the PC requirements in order to force people to buy the console versions instead.
The problem is, Nvidia paid them to increase the requirements.

Remember, COD is still using a heavily modified Quake 3 engine.
Forget the fancy wave physics and "dynamic" foliage, AC4 still looks like ass.

irok

Jun 6, 2012
Good. Its been awhile since anything challenged your average pc's specs, for years stock pcs comps have been sold 4gig ram and if more games like this come out maybe we can move on from that.

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
Well they can put any spec they want , And if they set the bar to high they will blame pirates for the sad sale figures like they always do. I will have no problem running it, But so far i have not seen any real proof its a good game , and as always just a lot of hype. And we are talking ubisoft here so my guess is a game fast tracked thru brute force. They did not want to wait any longer.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Welp I guess it's time to save up to buy new parts since my current build will most likely suffer while the few gamers with full rigs will most likely get to play it with ease upon release, must be good for them I suppose.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Well, these while demanding, at least look like were typed by a seriuos person and would fit more realistic requirements rather than "just throw random high end bullshit i overheard" that was before.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
My PC nails the recommended luckily! Games are really starting to tax the hell out of some good systems, i like it!

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Well, admittedly we've been lucky these past few years. The PC I bought four years ago for 1000? ago held up until Rome II because hardware hardly evolved over that time period. Now we're getting all that advancement back in one huge leap, I suppose.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Ubisoft has never been known for good PC ports, so I think I'll be snagging this one on consoles.