Watch Ibuki, Hugo and Raven Pummel Everything in Street Fighter X Tekken

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
mitchell271 said:
I'm honestly more excited for Tekken x Street Fighter (the one that uses a battle system more like Tekken) but this looks pretty good right now.

cursedseishi said:
Poison was a girl in Japan, but parents in the US were concerned about their kids beating up a girl in video games, so they made her a transvestite.

And since when is Poison from Street Fighter?!
She's considered in universe since Cody, the main character from Final Fight, is in on of the 3s.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
mitchell271 said:
And since when is Poison from Street Fighter?!
Poison was never an actual playable character in any Street Fighter game, "she" has long been part of the same universe. There have been numerous cross overs between the Final Fight series and the SF series over time ranging from trivia tidbits to playable characters (the earliest instance, I believe, is in SF2 where Zangief is stated as having learned his moves by watching Haggar wrestle). In fact, Final Fight was originally supposed to be the second Street Fighter game but ended up with a different title because the gameplay was deemed too different (and the side scrolling brawler was much more popular at the time, so they didn't want potential players who had played SF1 to get the wrong impression).

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Scizophrenic Llama said:
I'm waiting for some good solid gameplay of Tekken x Street Fighter. It'll be neat to see how well that works out. I somehow see it being a lot harder to put Street Fighter characters into a Tekken game than Tekken characters into a Street Fighter game.
Unfortunately, Harada said that there won't be anything on Tekken X Street Fighter until this game has already been released. At least I think I remember reading that somewhere.

OP: I'm not entirely sold on the Cross Assault mechanic. Other than that, it looks so damn good I'm kinda sad I won't be picking it up.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Lord Beautiful said:
Scizophrenic Llama said:
I'm waiting for some good solid gameplay of Tekken x Street Fighter. It'll be neat to see how well that works out. I somehow see it being a lot harder to put Street Fighter characters into a Tekken game than Tekken characters into a Street Fighter game.
Unfortunately, Harada said that there won't be anything on Tekken X Street Fighter until this game has already been released. At least I think I remember reading that somewhere.
Yeah, I'm not sure it was necessarily a direct statement but it ended up amounting to pretty much that. Basically, Harada is working on Tekken Tag 2 almost exclusively at the moment, while spending the little extra time he has assisting on Soul Calibur 5. With TTT2 not hitting the arcades in Japan until late this year plus the usual 6 month ish arcade to console conversion time for Tekken games it's going to be quite some time before we even hear more about TxSF, never mind actually getting to play it.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
The Great JT said:
Please tell me Zangief and Kuma can be on a team.
Seeing as how Zangief isn't in the game yet, no. If he's announced, however, yes they will be able to be placed on a team. It's tough to say if there will be any story for it though as every character does have a pre determined storyline related teammate and any story segments in the game may be linked to playing as a pre set "team" as opposed to a made up one.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Alphakirby said:
Oh come on,who plays as Dan anyway.

Nobody,that's who.
He's very popular. At least amongst the community I play with.

But I think they killed him off, so unless he respawns I doubt we'll see him.

Unless they go "Shin Dan".

StriderShinryu said:
The Great JT said:
Seeing as how Zangief isn't in the game yet, no. If he's announced, however, yes they will be able to be placed on a team. It's tough to say if there will be any story for it though as every character does have a pre determined storyline related teammate and any story segments in the game may be linked to playing as a pre set "team" as opposed to a made up one.
He will be, he's one of the more unique characters fighting wise. Since he's a grappler in a largely striker game.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
theultimateend said:
StriderShinryu said:
The Great JT said:
He will be, he's one of the more unique characters fighting wise. Since he's a grappler in a largely striker game.
I agree it's pretty unlikely that he won't be in the game.. but, at the same time, Haggar already showed up in one of the teaser trailers and they just formally showed Hugo in playable form. He's really not that unique at all at this point, especially if Haggar shows up as a playable character. I certainly wouldn't bet against seeing 'Gief make it in but it's far from guaranteed particularly given how the rest of the cast is shaping up.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
Alphakirby said:
cursedseishi said:
viranimus said:
Still... I am more amped up for this, than say MvC. Though I am not so keen on the Street fighter graphic stylings, but meh, what can you do? What I would have rather seen is Namco licensing out their engine and letting capcom dev for it because while the SFIV engine is vastly improved over previous incarnation its still graphically behind the curve of everything else in the genre.

So this game really boils down to yet another street fighter game with a different supporting/secondary cast, which I find disappoint.
Don't forget the Capcom DLC. They excluded a few characters, like Dan, which pretty much guarantees he'll be coming in as DLC or addition with the "SxT: Turbo Arcade Edition", or both...
Oh come on,who plays as Dan anyway.

Nobody,that's who.
Actually, this dude I know used to stream himself frequently playing as Dan in what he called the "Dan Hibiki Roll Call"