Watch Ice-T Unbox Gears of War 3

Mar 26, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
This guy must have gotten a time machine in the 90's and arrived just in time to be in Gears 3.

Because he's certainly not relevant anymore.
I beg to differ.
As a 34 year old gamer and having grown up listening to Ice-T, Public Enemy and NWA (as well as being an avid LaO:SVU watcher) he's extremely relevant. Plus I know he's been a gamer for a long time so he's not just some flash in the pan. If they'd have had someone like Soulja Boy opening it I would have vomited in anger.

As soon as Ice said "The tension mounts..." I was just waiting for "On with the body count." That would have been so apt.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Ouch, why all the hate guys.

Frankly im a Gears fan, I loved the gameplay but mostly the co-op, and I also loved Ice-T in his Law and Order SVU, he was entertaining.

And I am getting one of the Retro lancer replicas (I always wanted one!) and im getting GoW 3 as well.

All I can say is I can wait.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Daystar Clarion said:
This guy must have gotten a time machine in the 90's and arrived just in time to be in Gears 3.

He's still in Law & Order, a heavily watched show...

Also Most people who've been gaming for a while know of his rap music AND his heavy metal music.
I know he's in Law & Order, I was commenting more on the way he acts. Like a really stereotypical 90's rapper.
Dude...he's in his 50s, that attitude doesn't just go away.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I beg to differ.
As a 34 year old gamer and having grown up listening to Ice-T, Public Enemy and NWA (as well as being an avid LaO:SVU watcher) he's extremely relevant. Plus I know he's been a gamer for a long time so he's not just some flash in the pan. If they'd have had someone like Soulja Boy opening it I would have vomited in anger.

As soon as Ice said "The tension mounts..." I was just waiting for "On with the body count." That would have been so apt.
Body Count was such a great heavy metal band. Such great music.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Ice-T is a rapper, right?

eh, it doesnt matter. though I have to say, that use of cold words seem nauseating from him, since I can only assume he uses them constantly as his name sake would imply.

Mar 26, 2008
AzrealMaximillion said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Body Count was such a great heavy metal band. Such great music.
Damn straight! I feel like breaking out their albums when I get home now.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
itsausernamewhatofit said:
poiumty said:
Church must've been a random word. Bitches love random words.

Macaroni.
This post made me incredibly happy, I'm going to have to use that now...
Trousers.
I'm picking up what you two are throwing down . . . . .

Kielbasa

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
Ice-T should use a lancer to battle criminals on Law and Order... best episode of SVU EVER.

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
Got a lancer in the mail. I have to say that today was a good day.

Ice-T is a dude, pure and simple. He actually escaped from an army jail. Seriously, look it up. Not to mention his career in both rap and metal. Plus he's doing okay as an actor these days too.

Plus he's a gamer. I'd say he's still relevant.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Arggh, he gets it two weeks early and I have to wait until the 20th. Goddamn it, the anticipation is killing me!

Stall said:
Ice-T should use a lancer to battle criminals on Law and Order... best episode of SVU EVER.
Amen to that.

Xanthious said:
itsausernamewhatofit said:
poiumty said:
Church must've been a random word. Bitches love random words.

Macaroni.
This post made me incredibly happy, I'm going to have to use that now...
Trousers.
I'm picking up what you two are throwing down . . . . .

Kielbasa
Allons-y

I think I win.

Druss the Legend

Jun 6, 2009
StormShaun said:

Frankly im a Gears fan, I loved the gameplay but mostly the co-op, and I also loved Ice-T in his Law and Order SVU, he was entertaining.

And I am getting one of the Retro lancer replicas (I always wanted one!) and im getting GoW 3 as well.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Im also getting a replica lancer, although its a bayonet one.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
gallaetha_matt said:
Got a lancer in the mail. I have to say that today was a good day.

Ice-T is a dude, pure and simple. He actually escaped from an army jail. Seriously, look it up. Not to mention his career in both rap and metal. Plus he's doing okay as an actor these days too.

Plus he's a gamer. I'd say he's still relevant.
I agree. I really like him. He doesn't say that he's a gamer just for show, he is a real gamer. You have to respect that.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Druss the Legend said:
StormShaun said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Im also getting a replica lancer, although its a bayonet one.
I think that the bayonet one is the retro one, I should get both of them, and I wonder if a thief came into this house and I charged him with this...will he be scared?

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Oh god, you know what I've gone and done?

I've gone and mistaken Ice-T for T-pain. Whoops.

Anyway... no idea why, but these kind of urban, swanky, swingin' videos really appeal to me. Maybe because I'm whiter than snow, I dunno. OH! I know what it is - its the perverse, childlike glee celebrities like Ice have for these kinds of videogames. "New videogame smell" - I don't get that anymore! This is something he can get PUMPED about, and that is so awesome in and of itself... I mean, I'm not a fan of rap or rapping culture in the slightest, but these videos make me really happy.

This was hell-as entertaining, thanks for sharing, Mr. Ice. Happy gaming!