Watch Leaked Amazing Spiderman Clips

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
Actually, such a scene doesn't exist in the first Raimi film (practicing using his webs is not even conceptually the same thing) so I think maybe Tito is just inventing stuff in his head again.

And to whomever said The Incredible Hulk (2008) was about the genesis of the Hulk: what the hell are you smoking? Can people at least try to be factually accurate when making their arguments?

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Caffeine_Bombed said:
Cheery Lunatic said:
Well Jesus Christ guys, most of you guys sound determined to hate the movie, and came in looking at the clips from that perspective.

Realize this is less than two minutes worth of clips, so please, calm your balls.
That's the impression I got too.
Mind you, I can't friggin' stand the 'original' trilogy and I'm actually really looking forward to this so maybe that's why I liked these clips. Saw absoloutely nothing wrong with them.
Some people just seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to dislike these clips.
'Spider-Man wouldn't do that to a criminal' - What comics have YOU been reading?
'His stance is wrong' - Fucking what??

And if I may quote wikipedia regarding the cancelled Spider-Man 4:
"Raimi also discussed his desire to upgrade Bruce Campbell from a cameo appearance to a significant role. It was reported in December 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture and that Anne Hathaway would play Felicia Hardy, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a new superpowered figure called the Vulturess"

Fuck. Sam. Raimi.
Haters are going to hate?

QCX

Aug 9, 2010
Ok lets get one thing straight. This is no way a remake, this is a completely different movie set in a completely different dimension.

The 3 spider-man movies that have been release follows the comics known as "Peter Parker is Spider-man" where this one follows as it says "The Amazing Spider-man" and this will mean different Peters with different personalities.

Hell if anyone in this thread knew anything about Marvel or DC they would had figured out that.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
I don't feel like crapping on the film 3 months before it comes out. I thought Wolverine would be awesome and was wrong. I thought Iron Man was going to suck and I was dead wrong. I'm always willing to be surprised.

I'm going to be fair to the film when it comes out. I think it's taking some risks with the story that could work if done correctly. I like the casting of all of the characters especially Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey, but I have never seen any of Mr. Garfield's work before so I have no comment on him. I'm not so sure about the choice of director because his only widespread movie was 500 Days of Summer which was a fine film due in no small part to Joseph Gordon-Levitt being a great actor, but it was a different genre which scares me.

Anyhow I can say I do find myself wanting to see the film. The Spider-man brand has on record been very good when it comes to movies and tv shows (minus the latest ultimate spiderman crap).

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
If Webb can get Campbell to do a cameo than this movie is instantly redeemed for any lack of quality...

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
First off, I think we're all in agreement that having Bruce Campbell in the movie would make it at least a bajillion times better. Having Bruce Campbell in every movie would produce that effect.

Beyond that, still meh. I know that these 3 short clips are in no way indicative of the final product, but my opinion on the whole thing still stands at "meh".
I liked the original trilogy, and I actually liked Spidey 3 for the most part. And I still can't get over how this movie came to be. I know that's not fair, but the fact that this is what's preventing Spidey from becoming part of Marvel's movie-verse just makes it very hard not to dislike. Add in the fact that none of the trailers I've seen have really sold me on the project and I just can't get excited about this thing.

And as far as I know, Bruce Campbell is not in the movie... so it loses a few points for that too.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Looks fine to me. Acting doesn't bother me. Looking forward to it. They should have had some Martin Sheen scenes though, that would have sparked a ton of attention.

Abandon4093 said:
I personally don't think spiderman is ever going to be transferred to film very well. Because people are hung up on using a real person to play him, but in the comics everything about spiderman, his posture, the way he walks, crawls, jumps, perches on fences and poles etc.

It's very inhuman.
I think it's more about Spider-Man's character. If you watch ANY of the cartoons, Spider-Man is a sarcastic, light-hearted, and funny super-hero. He had his moments of depression and guilt, but which superheroes don't? Sam Raimi's Spider-Man upped the depressing nature to ridiculous levels, culminating in that stupid dance sequence in the third movie.

Audacity said:
That was with Webs. Also if you're gonna do that I can off hand mention several movies that do the same thing.

Wolverine Origins (cutting the sink and radiator up with his claws), X-Men Last Stand (Banshee trying to fly using his voice), Superman Returns (young Clark Sequence learning to fly falling through the barn roof), The Incredibles (Robert Parr slips on his skateboard to bend the car frame), X-Men 1 (rogue, not so much fooling around with powers, puts her boyfriend in a coma), Captain America (Running so fast he falls through the window), Iron Man 1 (The Fly tests and blaster tests), Kung Fu Panda (when Po first starts fighting Tia Lung and is getting used to being the Dragon Warrior)

It's old and done by many others.
Sparrow said:
Firstly, I'm going to get a little pedantic here: remake and reboot? Not the same thing. Secondly, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Marc Webb is stealing anything. I mean, two scenes are similar so Webb is suddenly some scene-stealing villain? I doubt Webb is brazen or stupid enough to steal a scene from the original and figure nobody would care.
Ok, good to see some people addressed this. I feel it's very unfair of the writer to accuse a "getting used to powers scene" of absolutely being a direct copy of a similar scene. Never mind that when adapting a comic book, MANY things are going to be similar.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I think part of the issue is that nerds/gamers/less social types as a whole hate people who are above average in attractiveness and social status that are in the same relative age range, especially in a school setting, having super powers and abilities in a movie grounded more in reality than others.

Since it's sorta like a multi-millionare winning the lottery

Lt. Rocky

Jan 4, 2012
I had hopes, but I was suspicious of the movie's quality from the beginning, considering we just finished a trilogy only 5 years ago. It feels like an attempt at a quick cash-in from the previous movies' successes.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm not exactly an insider, here, but I rather got the impression that it wasn't so much crowbarring Venom into Spider-Man 3 that killed the franchise so much as Raimi telling the suits "...and you're smoking crack if you think I'm going to stand for that shit again...!" that led to the reboot.

RedgraveStorm

Feb 15, 2011
Sparrow" post="7.362199.14214049 said:
I am clearly the only person in the world that is looking forward to this film.

You're not. I'm one of the few that doesn't like the Raimi movies at all.
I grew up on the Ultimate Spider Man comics and this looks to be a lot like them, which I like.

Also guys, don't call a movie shit based on two minutes of poorly edited clips with shitty sound quality. Please.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Thomas Guy said:
I may be one of the few people who didn't like Raimi's Spider-Man. He was soul less. Never joked, never had any banter. Just give Spidey back to Marvel please.
I agree. It's why I love Spiderman. He's such a troll

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I think this looks great. This isn't a terribly popular opinion, but Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies weren't very good representations of the character. Sure, they're entertaining superhero films in their own right... But they're not about Spider-Man. Not really.

Now, this guy. This is the Spider-Man I know. In the comics, villains hated Spider-Man not just because he could lay down a beating- they hated him because he would humiliate them, too. Heck, at least with Iron Man, it's over once you're hit by a repulsor beam. Spidey will bruise your face and your ego.

Very nice to see the films are getting back into the spirit of what the character should be.

chaosbedlam

Apr 15, 2009
hahahahaha *gasp* hahahahahaha this looks like utter rubbish! this is a wait till dvd then wait longer till drunk and in dvd store kind of movie.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Sooo yeah. I like the look of this film. This seems like a film I could enjoy. Don't hate me.

And I won't be judging it until I've seen it. A few trailers and these clips are not going to make me decide on the spot.

EDIT. Also I hated the 3rd film. It was utter shite.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Robert Ewing said:
This is like that parplexing hulk remake, that went into production the SAME YEAR as the release of the OTHER hulk movie, and were both ABOUT the genesis of the Hulk. So it was essentially the same movie, released twice, but with a different subplot. It was so weird...

This is a needless remake! Raimi's movies were completely and utterly demonstrably fine! Sure the third one tripped at the last hurdle. But it's too soon!

A remake in 20 or 30 years I can understand, but why now!?
I don't get this you must wait 22.3 years before you could make a remake of something, especially when that something is coming from comics a medium know for running multiple continuities at once just because they wanted to try something different with the character. Not saying I expect the movie to be good but judging because it didn't allow some senseless made up counter to run down before getting made is just silly.

Also you'd be surprised how much some good editing can improve a bad scene and I did like the second scene it made me chuckle. The first scene made no scene though.