Watch Leaked Amazing Spiderman Clips

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
After seeing the second clip I just really wanna punch this new Spiderman in the face. >.>

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The second clip suffers from a lack of ambiance, soundtrack and proper ADR, creating a really weird tone. I'm sure this'll be fixed in the final cut.

This movie is still not going to be for me though. It just lacks camp, and every superhero movie should have atleast a dash. Which is why I didn't like Nolan's Batman. But, whatever lets Sony hold on to the franchise, I guess.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
There's smoke coming out of his wrists in the second clip. They're going back to the web cartridges?

Looks like a Bruce Campbel cameo is just about the only thing that could make this movie bearable at this point.
Soviet Heavy said:
That still looks awful, and his acting is making it worse.
I think Garfield has forgotten the meaning of the word sincerity.
Please, enlighten me, what exactly is wrong with the cartridges? I can guarantee that there'll be at least one scene where he runs out in a heated moment but Spider-man 2 had a whole bunch of those.

As for the bad humour, I'm going to assume that was more to do with the poor editing in their first pass, and craptacular audio and video. I did enjoy some of the other witty scenes shown over the past few months so I'm not letting a clip that I can scarcely understand ruin that.

Can't believe people are getting on the movie's case about how Peter isn't enough like Raimi's Peter, even though this is the one that actually conforms to the comics.

Honestly, this whole thing reeks of the Escapist repeating the Diana Allers situation. "A horrible voice actor who you can tell to go away immediately upon meeting? It's like Bioware wants this game to fail."

So yeah, reserving judgment.

Caffeine_Bombed

Feb 13, 2012
Akisa said:
Caffeine_Bombed said:
Cheery Lunatic said:
Well Jesus Christ guys, most of you guys sound determined to hate the movie, and came in looking at the clips from that perspective.

Realize this is less than two minutes worth of clips, so please, calm your balls.
That's the impression I got too.
Mind you, I can't friggin' stand the 'original' trilogy and I'm actually really looking forward to this so maybe that's why I liked these clips. Saw absoloutely nothing wrong with them.
Some people just seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to dislike these clips.
'Spider-Man wouldn't do that to a criminal' - What comics have YOU been reading?
'His stance is wrong' - Fucking what??

And if I may quote wikipedia regarding the cancelled Spider-Man 4:
"Raimi also discussed his desire to upgrade Bruce Campbell from a cameo appearance to a significant role. It was reported in December 2009 that John Malkovich was in negotiations to play Vulture and that Anne Hathaway would play Felicia Hardy, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a new superpowered figure called the Vulturess"

Fuck. Sam. Raimi.
Haters are going to hate?
Oh wow. A meme. How...creative?

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
looks preaty bad... could be worse i guess...
im just waiting to see if they fuck up the lizard...

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
Robert Ewing said:
This is like that parplexing hulk remake, that went into production the SAME YEAR as the release of the OTHER hulk movie, and were both ABOUT the genesis of the Hulk. So it was essentially the same movie, released twice, but with a different subplot. It was so weird...

This is a needless remake! Raimi's movies were completely and utterly demonstrably fine! Sure the third one tripped at the last hurdle. But it's too soon!

A remake in 20 or 30 years I can understand, but why now!?
They may be leading up to bring him into the next avengers movie ( that's if it doesn't tank!) but i could be wrong.

OT: I liked spidey 1&2, 3 not so much but it wasn't terrible, i haven't seen much of this new spider-man so i'm going to see it with an open mind, but what i don't understand is my he has to make his own web cartridges? I feel it makes more sense for it to be like in the first spider-man movie, as he did get bitten by a radioactive spider that altered his DNA (although i may be missing something as I've only read one comic, if someone could enlighten me by pointing me to a wiki on his origin or something that would be swell)

May 17, 2010
ELCTea said:
Robert Ewing said:
This is like that parplexing hulk remake, that went into production the SAME YEAR as the release of the OTHER hulk movie, and were both ABOUT the genesis of the Hulk. So it was essentially the same movie, released twice, but with a different subplot. It was so weird...

This is a needless remake! Raimi's movies were completely and utterly demonstrably fine! Sure the third one tripped at the last hurdle. But it's too soon!

They may be leading up to bring him into the next avengers movie ( that's if it doesn't tank!) but i could be wrong.

OT: I liked spidey 1&2, 3 not so much but it wasn't terrible, i haven't seen much of this new spider-man so i'm going to see it with an open mind, but what i don't understand is my he has to make his own web cartridges? I feel it makes more sense for it to be like in the first spider-man movie, as he did get bitten by a radioactive spider that altered his DNA (although i may be missing something as I've only read one comic, if someone could enlighten me by pointing me to a wiki on his origin or something that would be swell)
Basically you know how Batman is not just a great martial artist but also a great detective? Spider-man doesn't just have spider powers, he is meant to be a really gifted inventor.

The comics always had web cartridges, the recent films changed it (I prefer them being organic but whatever) the comics changed Spider-man to using a device to make web and then changed it back.

Carnage95

Sep 21, 2009
Now that's the Spider-Man I know from the comics! Can't wait to watch this film now.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
DVS BSTrD said:
There's smoke coming out of his wrists in the second clip. They're going back to the web cartridges?
He says in the clip that he invented it, so yeah.

Second clip kind of amused me, honestly.
The second clip didn't sit well with me at all. It makes Spidey out to be some kind of super-bully to criminals. I'm not opposed to him having a sense of humor, but the guy is begging for him to stop, and I think that is going a bit far for Spidey (not with symbiote).

On that note, all these previews and leaked footage... and we still haven't really seen the moment that turns Parker into Spiderman (i.e. Ben dying and making him take more responsibility with his abilities). That came off as entirely pivotal in the previous series, in the comics, and in the animated series. So why has it not even been mentioned at all during any of this, yet we hear all about his parents (which we never hear much of anywhere else)? I'm not saying they're changing that too, but I'm getting mighty suspicious.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
ELCTea said:
Robert Ewing said:

It is VERY unlikely that will happen. "Avengers" is owned by Marvel and "Spiderman" (movie rights at least) is currently owned by Sony. The only reason this movie is even getting made as quickly as it is, is because Sony has to make a movie every so often just to keep the rights to Spiderman movies (like Fox has with X-Men). Otherwise, I'm sure Marvel would have jumped at the chance to make that idea happen.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Those clips did not impress. I had hopes for the movie based on the trailers, but these clips were bad. So bad that they dashed whatever hopes I had for this film. I'll just pretend these didn't happen.

And it's not just the less than great editing. These are obviously early cuts.

Clip One: He used his powers in public without his mask on. This bothered me in each film. And I swear he did it in each of the previous films, but the second one was the worst. An entire train full of people saw his face. No one had a camera phone? They all just agreed that they'd never tell what Spider Man looked like? Sure. And this one has the same exact problem. Except without the excuse that people would keep his secret out of respect for him saving them all.

Clip Two: Spidey comes off as a jack ass at best and a bully at worst. And why is he doing this in the middle of the street? How long is this scene supposed to take? I don't know, it doesn't sit right. Funny one liners are great, but this comes across as just mocking the guy because he can. At least he has web shooters, though. Not that the lack of them bothered me before.

Clip Three: It's just stupid. Oh, look how strong he is and trying to do everyday tasks is hard, now. It's funny. Right? Right?

For the record, I enjoyed the first three. For the most part. There were things I didn't like in two and three (the original was nigh perfection all things considered), but I still enjoyed them. Okay, the third one had issues, but I still watched it and didn't demand my money back.

lead sharp

Nov 15, 2009
Granted it doesn't seem finished and it's a bit wobbly but then again if you want to promote your movie why would you deliver something so week? It's OK when it should be WOW!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
SilverUchiha said:
The second clip didn't sit well with me at all. It makes Spidey out to be some kind of super-bully to criminals. I'm not opposed to him having a sense of humor, but the guy is begging for him to stop, and I think that is going a bit far for Spidey (not with symbiote).
It depends on where it sits. Early Spider-Man was a little bit of a dick, even after Uncle Ben died. Or, at least, he came off as one. His role as a somewhat cocky showoff is what handed him several of his early defeats in the comics.

Perhaps they're actually offering him a chance to grow?

Raimi's Spidey didn't really change much. There wasn't a whole lot of merit to the pivotal moment you mention, because he's already a whiny little emo girl.

On that note, all these previews and leaked footage... and we still haven't really seen the moment that turns Parker into Spiderman (i.e. Ben dying and making him take more responsibility with his abilities). That came off as entirely pivotal in the previous series, in the comics, and in the animated series. So why has it not even been mentioned at all during any of this, yet we hear all about his parents (which we never hear much of anywhere else)? I'm not saying they're changing that too, but I'm getting mighty suspicious.
Which again, could be a lesser focus in regards specifically to this movie. Perhaps it comes closer to the end. Or perhaps they're just focusing elsewhere in the promos. A lot of the Raimi promos didn't really bring Uncle Ben up.

Personally, I can't wait for a non-Raimi Spider-Man, so I'll gie this a fair shot.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
The whole thing is a cash grab, like every blockbuster movie good or bad. get the fuck over it.

I think the first clip is meh cos it doesn't show anything, maskless on a train bad? yeah that never happened in a Spider-Man movie before.

I like the second clip a lot for a very important reason: SPIDER-MAN IS NOT FUNNY.
He is a goofy kid with his own weird sense of humour. He usually uses it to annoy people and in the comic, other super folks like him cos he will crack a joke even in the worst situations. Even if they are corny and groaners. Kinda like Kick-Ass in a lot of ways. He thinks he is funnier than he is and thats why we like him because he is goofy and socially awkward as us. I would hate it if he had Joss Whedon quality burn skills.

The third clip is in every super-hero-gets-powers movie ever made. Don't believe me, go watch them I can wait for you.

I'm looking forward to this after seeing the trailer. It's a new direction and a new style. I rather that than some ham-fisted 4th movie beating the same story to death even though the characters arcs are run into the ground

Apples_McGrind

Oct 27, 2009
Lono Shrugged said:
I like the second clip a lot for a very important reason: SPIDER-MAN IS NOT FUNNY.
He is a goofy kid with his own weird sense of humour. He usually uses it to annoy people and in the comic, other super folks like him cos he will crack a joke even in the worst situations. Even if they are corny and groaners. Kinda like Kick-Ass in a lot of ways. He thinks he is funnier than he is and thats why we like him because he is goofy and socially awkward as us. I would hate it if he had Joss Whedon quality burn skills.
I get where you're coming from, but I think the issue is that it's making Spider-Man come across as a dick. Sure, you can have films where the character isn't likable at first and he makes a character journey to realize his mistakes (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Attack the Block), but he's supposed to be the hero of the film who fights villains. To paraphrase Mr. Plinkett "the drama of the film is the result of us rooting for the protagonist." In a superhero film, it's a crucial element for us to like the main character. He doesn't necessarily have to be likeable, but usually films compensate for this by making the lead funny. Here, he's coming across as annoying and kind of a douche. That's part of the problem by bringing Spider-Man's banter from the comics. It's works in the comics, but not in the film because comedic writing doesn't always translate to different mediums. I'm not saying they can't pull it off, but I do think it'll be a difficult hurdle to overcome.

Then again, this is only a 30 second clip, so I could be totally wrong and the movie could be completely different and much better than what we've seen here.

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
370999 said:
I have a suspicion that these clips might not be in the actual film, instead being just used as teasers.

I kind of liked the webing one. Wasn't actually funny but the concept was cool.
There's a clip of him on the roof of the subway car (sans mask) in the official trailer, so at the very least, that was intended to be in the movie.

OT: Since this movie seems to be pulling a lot of influence from Ultimate Spiderman (too much for my tastes, anyway), and considering the actual trailer looked like they're going to re-skin scenes from Mirror's Edge for the web-slinging parts of the movie, these clips didn't really make me feel any better about this movie.

ThunderCavalier said:
Green Lantern, be happy.

You are no longer the latest, worst adaptation of a comic book character.
I think The Hulk still holds that title. Even despite Ed Norton.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Has anyone seen the whole movie yet? Prejudice never seems to die no matter how we evolve. It looks interesting and may be better than the original but we won't know just yet and until the movie is released I can't help but feel people will base this on the failure of the third film. Until you see this movie, you really can't say it sucks.