Watch Now: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombie Mode 'Shadows of Evil' Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch Now: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombie Mode 'Shadows of Evil' Trailer

The trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops III's new zombie mode 'Shadows of Evil' is now available.

Shadows of Evil, the new survival co-op mode for Call of Duty: Black Ops III, debuted at Comic-Con San Diego Thursday, and thanks to Youtube the rest of the world can now take a peak.

"Set in the 1940's, four unwitting characters are brought together under mysterious circumstances. Unravel the secrets and explore a massive world in the deepest Zombies experience to date," the description for the video reads.

The voices you hear are Heather Graham, Neal McDonough, Ron Perlman, and Jeff Goldblum. Each character is a "lying, conniving, manipulative, and selfish individual with a long and sordid history of past misdeeds," according to the official page [https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/zombies]. They also each fall into a specific role: The Femme Fatal, The Magician, The Cop, and The Boxer. Each character awakens with amnesia, forced to battle hordes of the undead as they "piece together the events that brought them to this twisted world." Joining them is Robert Picardo as the Shadow Man, who probably can't be trusted with a name like that.

The fictional Morg City serves as the backdrop for this 1940s noir horror story, complete with a theater district, jazz clubs, and a suspension railway.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III releases on November 6 for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC. Let us know what you think of this new mode in the comments!

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Personally, I would've prefered if they continued where they left of with Buried...

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
"lying, conniving, manipulative, and selfish individual with a long and sordid history of past misdeeds"
Could we play a character in Zombies who isn't a complete asshole? Just once?

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Ok Call of Duty, your gameplay trailer had me raise an eyebrow and smirk a little, but that wasn't enough. However, after seeing this, I've decided to be generous and give you ONE more chance...don't fuck it up (I'm 99% sure it will).

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
PsychicTaco115 said:
"lying, conniving, manipulative, and selfish individual with a long and sordid history of past misdeeds"
Could we play a character in Zombies who isn't[i/] a complete asshole? Just once?

Well, there was Sarah Michelle Geller, and that Japanese guy from the original group of survivors? Or was he a jerk too?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
PsychicTaco115 said:
Could we play a character in Zombies who isn't[i/] a complete asshole? Just once?

How about Tank? Or Nicolai? Or Takeo? Or Sarah Michelle Gellar? Or Danny Treyo? Or Robert Englund? Or Micheal Rooker? Or Misty? Or Marlton? Or Russman? Or Stuhlinger? Or...

Heck, how about ANYONE that isn't Richtofen, Samantha (Up until Moon - Origins, she's rather nice), Fin, Sal or Billy? The list of a-hole characters is that short: FIVE people, and one only during the time you can play as her and prior - not even after (where you, admitedly, can't play her anymore)

TheRundownRabbit said:
Ok Call of Duty, your gameplay trailer had me raise an eyebrow and smirk a little, but that wasn't enough. However, after seeing this, I've decided to be generous and give you ONE more chance...don't fuck it up (I'm 99% sure it will).
It's Zombies. If Treyarch is unable to do anything, it's screwing up Zombies. That will rock no matter what.

Ldude893 said:
PsychicTaco115 said:

Well, there was Sarah Michelle Geller, and that Japanese guy from the original group of survivors? Or was he a jerk too?

Nope. Only five of them were. Richtofen (and you only figure that out in Moon), Samantha up until Moon (only time you can play her - in her only appearance after Moon, she's nice and besides Moon, she is not playable) and three of the four characters of Mob of the Dead - the fourth, Weasel, is actually THAT nice, even the Zombies want to help that poor guy out in the end. Then again, god knows how long he's been stuck in Purgatory.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
And there was me...hoping that Heather Graham played the wrestler while Perlman got in touch with his femme fatal side.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
So...we're officially done with Sam and Eddy? I'm a little sad. I liked that story, and I wanted to see what was going on that caused all of them to run into the basement at the end of Origins. Maybe this will tie into it.

Anyway, these characters, much like the ones in Black Ops II, don't seem as funny and off-the-hook as the originals. I hope they still prove entertaining, because I do enjoy my zombies.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
shadowstriker86 said:
Bindal said:
It's Zombies. If Treyarch is unable to do anything, it's screwing up Zombies. That will rock no matter what.
uh.......

So? They went with a prequel and managed to make it both fictional AND a proper variant of a stable timeloop as the ending implies that at least Origins is fictional - and yet, it also implies that everything we've seen so far happened.
That's just proving my point, if you ask me (and it is also unrelated to gameplay)