Watch Seven Minutes of Gameplay From Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Watch Seven Minutes of Gameplay From Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel

Check out seven minutes of Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel gameplay, first shown at Tokyo Game Show.

The upcoming Ashes of Ariandel DLC [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168245-Dark-Souls-3-Ashes-of-Ariandel-DLC-Officially-Confirmed-for-October-New-Trailer] for Dark Souls 3 is due out next month. At Tokyo Game Show last week, From Software showed off a gameplay demo of the DLC that runs about seven minutes, and now you can watch that demo yourself.

As you can see, the DLC will feature a variety of enemies, and you'll need a wide range of tactics to survive.

Ashes of Ariandel launches for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 25 for $14.99. Alternatively, you can grab the Season Pass for $24.99, which will get you both this DLC and the second DLC, which is currently expected in early 2017.

[gallery=6517]

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
The actual demo was more like 4 minutes. The rest was just showing the trailer again.

Having said that, this looks great. I'm loving the atmosphere and setting of this DLC. That giant wolf that charges around aggressively looks more dangerous than Sif with her sword. I have to wonder if the demoer was ridiculously overleveled or if the new enemies just don't do that much damage. He took a lot of beating before finally using an estus.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
RedDeadFred said:
The actual demo was more like 4 minutes. The rest was just showing the trailer again.

Having said that, this looks great. I'm loving the atmosphere and setting of this DLC. That giant wolf that charges around aggressively looks more dangerous than Sif with her sword. I have to wonder if the demoer was ridiculously overleveled or if the new enemies just don't do that much damage. He took a lot of beating before finally using an estus.
I was thinking the same thing. Honestly they might just be on developer god mode considering how much hp and stamina he seemed to have. The estus might have just been for show.

It does looks pretty cool. I like the snowy environment and the new enemies have great designs. Not sure if I'm going to pick it up though. DS3 just didn't really stick with me like the first game. Finished the game and didn't really feel compelled to start NG+ or roll a new character.

loa said:
Have they finally fixed the fucking poise yet?
FROM has said poise is working as intended, despite evidence to the contrary in the game files. Up to you how you want to interpret that. I doubt any changes will be made to poise.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Great. Another nice girl with a scythe asking me to kindly leave, but I'm going to have to kill her anyway. FROM, stop making me feel like a jerk.

Can't wait to see how this ties into the main game, and what questions it answers. Really hoping we get more info on where Yorshka came from.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
JUMBO PALACE said:
loa said:
FROM has said poise is working as intended, despite evidence to the contrary in the game files. Up to you how you want to interpret that. I doubt any changes will be made to poise.
Basically poise is hyperarmor now. Most people seem to think it's a stupid system in place of how poise used to work, but FROM isn't technically wrong in that "it works as intended".

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Areloch said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
loa said:
Basically poise is hyperarmor now. Most people seem to think it's a stupid system in place of how poise used to work, but FROM isn't technically wrong in that "it works as intended".
Right, right. Yeah there's a certain level of semantics involved here. I didn't really have a huge problem with the new poise/hyper armor just because I tended to play lighter, more dodge heavy characters anyway. I do remember reading somewhere that in the code there's a line that has poise=0 or some such thing which triggered a lot of people to get angry. Anyway, no point in getting worked up about it. Hyperarmor as poise is here to stay it seems.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
JUMBO PALACE said:
FROM has said poise is working as intended, despite evidence to the contrary in the game files.
That's the same thing they said about weapons breaking on the first couple of enemies in Dark Souls 2 when played at higher than 30FPS, when it was obviously not the case.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
JUMBO PALACE said:
loa said:
So they did nothing then.
Guess I'll buy that DLC "as intended" then.

kordo said:
People are still going on about this? Get over it already.
I have an aversion to being bullshitted.
Although why on earth they act this way over such a petty thing that could be easily fixed, I'll never understand.
Oh and I "got over" playing dark souls 3 pretty fast. Guess I'll not get back into it then.