Watch: Star Wars Battlefront Live Action Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch: Star Wars Battlefront Live Action Trailer

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Electronic Arts has released the newest trailer for Star Wars Battlefront, and it opens with people all across the world disappearing abruptly from work, the playground, and home duties, leaving a pile of clothes in their wake. It's fairly accurate to what we're likely going to be seeing when the game actually releases, teleporting people from their everyday lives to a battlefield far, far away. Oh, and Anna Kendrick is there, making a sandwich and quoting Obi-Wan Kenobi.

EA revealed that EA estimates [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/161157-Battlefront-Beta-Stats-More-Than-9-Million-Served] that the upcoming shooter will sell 13 million copies by the end of March 2016.

Star Wars Battlefront launches on November 17.

For more gameplay, you can watch the gameplay launch trailer below.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I wouldn't count this as a live action trailer. Sure half of it is footage of real people, but there not in the same environment that the game takes place in. Like these 3 trailers:

Still a decent trailer, though my excitement for this game has gone neither up or down.

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]I just wish I could have the short hair girl without her clothes on. You where thinking the same thing. [/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
What the person above me said. I am looking forward to playing this but the trailer doesn't do much for me. Then again what could have it done? I will already buy the game.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Not to be pessimistic, but maybe instead of all these adds they could have gotten some more voice acting in game.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Seems a waste to get Anna Kendrick in the video and only use her for all of 2 seconds.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Utter arse, but love the fact that the PEGI 16 game clearly has several children under the age of 16 being shown as players in the advert.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
There's no way what's shown in that "gameplay launch trailer" is gameplay. That should be painfully obvious, even if you haven't played the Beta. I'm surprised you fell for it.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Dalek Caan said:
[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]I just wish I could have the short hair girl without her clothes on. You where thinking the same thing. [/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
Which one? You know, for science.

Ukomba said:
There's no way what's shown in that "gameplay launch trailer" is gameplay. That should be painfully obvious, even if you haven't played the Beta. I'm surprised you fell for it.
Obviously not all of it is, but there is actual (scripted) gameplay mixed in with CGI stuff.

OT: Cool concept, but overall meh, just some live acting mixed in with mostly old footage. They could have release all of the Hoth scenes from Empire and that would have served as a live action trailer.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Hey look! Another "epic" trailer that is dancing around the many problems this game has! Sad thing is that it's going to work and sell like hotcakes because Star Wars

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
thewatergamer said:
Hey look! Another "epic" trailer that is dancing around the many problems this game has! Sad thing is that it's going to work and sell like hotcakes because Star Wars
What would these many problems be then?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Nah that's not how you do a Live action Battlefront trailer.

THIS is how you do a live action Battlefront trailer:

All the new Battlefront trailer did is remind me of all the wholesome social things I could be doing in the real world instead of playing a video game... oh and that you spawn in and just start blasting immediately at whatever.

12 year olds are gonna love it.​