Watch: The Deadpool Christmas Day Trailer

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Watch: The Deadpool Christmas Day Trailer

The Merc with the Mouth is spreading cheer this holiday.

20th Century Fox has stuffed a little something under the tree this Christmas, releasing a new trailer for Deadpool. As you might expect, it's filled with the raunchy quips and manic energy the character is known for, offers a bit of exposition on what made Wade Wilson into the scarlet wearing anti-hero, and sets up the plot of the upcoming film.

The trailer also provides the first clear look at Stephan Kapicic as Colossus and Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Deadpool will arrive in theaters February 12.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Please don't suck!

My bar for sucking differs greatly to the norm but I can't see how this could suck.

By the by, who does Gina play in this film 'cos she just levelled colossus like a boss!

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I feel bad for that Taxi Driver if he thinks Deadpool is some *Dumb Hick From Wisconsin.

*Daredevil / Deadpool Annual 1997

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Warner Brothers? It's Twentieth Century Fox isnt it?

This is the movie that comic book movie fans wanted. If it bombs, and I hope it doesn't, would the studio put blame on them?

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
As a great man once said, "Stop! My penis can only get so erect." Cannot wait for this one to hit theaters, and it feels so refreshing to be able to say that about a Marvel movie that isn't in direct control of Marvel themselves.

DeepReaver

Feb 25, 2009
I am sort of worried this is channeling too much Daniel Way and not enough Joe Kelly... I don't know something just seems a little off to me, maybe it is me coming off being disappointed by Star Wars, or maybe i am just crazy but it just seems off guys.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I was laughing pretty hard. The first trailer was cool and whatnot, but I felt like it was missing a little bit of what makes Deadpool, Deadpool.

Not so here. When he put his foot in the camera and said, "Excuse me" I knew we were on the right track. I'm really excited for this movie now. It does look and feel like Deadpool all the way.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
There is one thing that pisses me off about this movie is that there are people I have seen on the internet are making a big deal out of this being a Superhero movie with a hard R rating as if it was the first movie to do it.

Completely neglecting Spawn, Watchmen, oh and the Freaking Punisher. And lets not forget the upcoming Batman The Killing joke animated adaption is going to reiceive an R rating.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"That guy was up there before we got here".
Great spin on the classic Homer Simpson line! XD

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It looks like fun. The question is whether they can make a coherent movie around the humor. And yes, I know "coherent" isn't the first word that comes to mind in describing Deadpool, but even if the jokes are awesome, it's hard to come back from, say, a story arc as screwed up as X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Negasonic Teenage Warhead definitely has more emphasis on the "warhead" part in this movie. In the comics she was basically Agatha the precog from Minority Report - she saw death before it happened. Clearly, that's not her power here. But speeding fireball of death is a cool power - more than a match for Colossus. and hey - Marrow's in the movie, albeit likely as a cameo. might be related to Carano's role since her character is also a former Morlock.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
There is one thing that pisses me off about this movie is that there are people I have seen on the internet are making a big deal out of this being a Superhero movie with a hard R rating as if it was the first movie to do it.

Completely neglecting Spawn, Watchmen, oh and the Freaking Punisher. And lets not forget the upcoming Batman The Killing joke animated adaption is going to reiceive an R rating.
Problem: the first three either sucked or were just mediocre. At least go with Kickass, which Deadpool clearly has more in common with.

Anyway, expectations seem to keep increasing what with them fully embracing the absurd nature of Deadpool. The goofier this is the better. Apparently a sequel is already being thought up, which I can only hope will involve Cable.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this looks promising and i certainly laughed out through the trailer. just one day before my birthday though, so thats a bit of a shame.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Callate said:
It looks like fun. The question is whether they can make a coherent movie around the humor. And yes, I know "coherent" isn't the first word that comes to mind in describing Deadpool, but even if the jokes are awesome, it's hard to come back from, say, a story arc as screwed up as X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
wow didnt they waste his potential in that