Watch The Jaw-Dropping Furious 7 Trailer Here

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Watch The Jaw-Dropping Furious 7 Trailer Here

Holy Shift. The incredible official trailer for the 7th installment of the Fast and Furious series has dropped. Damn. Just. Damn.

This is how you build hype.

Seven movies in to the Fast and Furious series, you'd think the series would be getting very long in the tooth. Nope. And the proof is in the new, just-released trailer for Furious 7. What else can you say about seeing Dwayne Johnson break his own cast, or Paul Walker leaping into the back of a machine gun nest/tractor trailer to save a kidnapped girl before barely evading a trip into the bottom of a ravine. Or seeing Vin Diesel tell Kurt Russell "I don't have friends. I have family."? Other than than damn.

The cloud hanging over this movie is of course the tragic death of Paul Walker during production. A serious rewrite was required to find a way to ease his character out of the series without exploiting his death. If this trailer is any indication, mission accomplished. Brian O'Connor is front and center here, and I'm OK with it. I just wish it wasn't the last time.

Having been obsessed with these films from the beginning, it's been incredibly fun watching them go from easily-dismissed exploitation movies to the biggest non-superhero franchise in the world. Anyway, shut up, Ross, I hear you saying, so OK. let's just watch this thing again. Meanwhile, here's the official synopsis:

Continuing the global exploits in the unstoppable franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson lead the returning cast of Fast & Furious 7. James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series that also welcomes back favorites Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Elsa Pataky and Lucas Black. They are joined by international action stars new to the franchise including Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou, Tony Jaa, Ronda Rousey and Kurt Russell. Neal H. Moritz, Vin Diesel and Michael Fottrell return to produce the film written by Chris Morgan. www.thefastandthefurious.com

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
The Rock wielding a minigun...all other considerations are moot.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
ron1n said:
The Rock wielding a minigun...all other considerations are moot.
The rock: I THOUGHT I'D GET TO THIS IN DOOM AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.

It looks like being yet another Fast and Furious film, so really it all hangs on how completely bonkers the stunts are, which I imagine they will be, very.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
I can't wait for this movie. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Fast and Furious series. They're very similar to the fantasies I used to make believe when I was playing with my Hot Wheels as a kid.

Jiggle Counter

Sep 18, 2014
In the trailer I spotted Tony Jaa, Jason Statham, and Kurt Russell.

I'll probably go watch the movie just for them.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
The very definition of stupid fun, I love it.

That stunt with Letty handbreak turning on the edge of the cliff so that Brian could grab the spoiler was amazing.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
I just can not get into these movies. I loved the first one, but I check out five minutes into any of the sequels; I was checked out half way through this preview. I almost feel bad about it because they are silly and fun and I usually love silly, fun things.

BUT - this briefly brought me back in - did anyone else think that Kurt Russell sounded just like David Hayter as Solid Snake towards the end of the preview? If Konami wanted a big Hollywood name to voice Snake, why not him? It would be just too perfect in too many ways.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Well, I'm sold. The Fast movies are just so fun and this one looks no different, plus Jason Statham is always a bonus.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Ok, the Fast & Furious movies are silly, over-the-top, and unrealistic....and I love everything about them

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Regardless if you think it's good or if you think it's bad, The F&F series have become something that you can't ignore.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
You can tell this trailer is lying, because it implies the film will actually have street racing in it. (Yes I still haven't got over the 'oh look they're about to have a street race *cut to after the race is finished*' in 5)

Still pumped for the film though, that Walker jump gave me genuine vertigo chills

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
anthony87 said:
Christ.....remember when these films were about street racing?
Yeah but the series kinda suffered for it. I mean Toyko Drift tried it but it didn't really work out all that well. I find that the series really hit its stride when it was allowed to just start doing crazy vehicle stunts. It really made for great blockbuster material. I mean sure the story was usually meh but if your watching F&F for story you are looking in the wrong place.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I really hope they make use of Tony Jaa and use his ability to the full - love to see him kicking Rocks ass. Lots of elbows to the skull. :)