Watch the New Full Length Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer Here

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Watch the New Full Length Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer Here

Star-Lord is Part Ash, Part Browncoat In The New Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer.

A new, full-length trailer shows more action and much more of Peter "Starlord" Quill and his team of misfits. And it's basically perfect.

[facebook=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=591299944318365]

The trailer, [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134584-New-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Teaser-Blasts-Off"]advertised by Marvel three days ago[/a], launched at the end of a [a hre="https://www.facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy/posts/591212877660405"]live Facebook Q&A[/a] that happened this morning with Director James Gunn, producer Kevin Feige and cast members Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel and Dave Bautista. We'll report the good bits of the Q&A shortly, and you can spend the time waiting by rewatching the trailer a few times.

The trailer is hilarious, something we've come to expect from the previous trailers, but it also gives much more substantial hints about the film's tone than previously seen. That dramatic dialogue from Starlord is highly reminiscent of Firefly's Malcolm Reynolds, which is not only just about perfect, but also jibes nicely with the rumored cameo appearance from Nathan Fillion himself. We also get to see some giant space battles, firefights, and, perhaps most importantly, rocket boots.

Highlights? How can you pick just a few? The rickety mix tape from which all of the film's licensed music will come is a particularly nice touch - I especially love how the Guardians' ship has been retrofitted to play cassette. Also nice is the fact that we've finally lived long enough to see a CGI raccoon adjust his junk.

I honestly can't for this thing to hurry up and come out. Directed by James Gunn (Slither, Super) and starring Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation), Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper and Dave Bautista, Guardians of The Galaxy will be in US theaters August 1st.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The animation on Rocket and Groot looks a bit stiff, but other than that this is the first Marvel Avengers movie I'm genuinely excited for.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Fuckin' HYYYYYYYYYYYPE! Definitely gonna make it to the thursday night premier for this.

I never thought I'd say this but I wish August was here already. It'd mean my summer break is all but gone but WHO CARES?!

TheMemoman

Mar 11, 2013
Well I squealed when I saw Knowhere! And they seem to get that whole "looking for redemption" theme that somehow keeps them together.

This is going to be so much fun!

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Curious how much Vin Diesel got paid to say 2 words lol

or if he also did the mocap for Groot.

Looks like a great popcorn flick.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
All of my want! This looks to be one hell of a show. I will definitely be in line for the early preview. =D

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
Curious how much Vin Diesel got paid to say 2 words lol

or if he also did the mocap for Groot.

Looks like a great popcorn flick.
Yes he also did the mocap, before it was even revealed he was playing Groot, a picture was released of him in stilt things to give him the extra hight. After that everyone basicly guessed.

OT: This is the worst best trailer I have ever seen. Best because the movie looks epic, worst because it looks so epic I want to see it now!

On the plus side here in merry old England it is released on the 31st July, which is only 4 days before my birthday so not only will I get to see it I doubt I will have to pay for a change.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Can not wait for this movie, its so mental looking with talking raccoons and trees etc I like that there is no comparison to it anywhere. I have no idea what to expect. Love that. An here is DC worrying about making a WW movie. lol. I guess you just have to tell the story that needs to be told, though i think some studios worry more about the money the film will make first an thats why they fail.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
BEST SOUNDTRACK 2014!

Seriously, for me, I think this could be even better than the Lego movie, so much HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPEEEEE!

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
I get the feeling that the guys who put these trailers together had a lot of fun with it. That, and this is giving me the impression that Hooked on a Feeling, and now Spirit in the Sky, will actually be in the movie proper. Considering the setting, I think that's fantastic. Can't wait to see it!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No suprise here that I'm definitely going to watch it! So wait, the villain is Ronan and the Kree?

Apr 17, 2009
Oh hell yes.

Even if I'm still not sold on Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser, everything else looks like it'll be so good! And yay, finally got to hear Groot say his one line!

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
*grin* OK, I'm in. Looking forward to a comic book movie where I don't know the source material and am still psyched by what I'm seeing.

Gizmo1990 said:
here in merry old England
Isn't there a law that if you say 'Merry Olde England' you have to put the 'e' in old? Or is that more of a guideline? :)

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
No suprise here that I'm definitely going to watch it! So wait, the villain is Ronan and the Kree?
The villain is Ronan, Nebula, and the black horned dudes are apparently Sakaarens (Planet Hulk anyone?) with the Collector (seen at the end of Thor the Dark World) and Thanos (seen at the end of Avengers) in some way tied in. it looks like the Nova Corp will replace the Kree as the agency that brings the Guardians together. John C Reilly is playing Rhonan Dey, a fairly well known character from Marvel's Nova books.

This is looking truly awesome. I can't escape the suspicion that Nathan Fillon might be playing a member of the Spartoi race.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I would have liked to watch the trailer, but for some reason it's private now.

Was this only supposed to be a limited time reveal or something?

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Tanis said:
"The video is private"

Well, okay then.
:/
Tank207 said:

Not sure what's up with that. I've updated the article with a different link and I hope you enjoy it.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Tank207 said:

It's still avaliable on Facebook.