Watch The Queen's Guard Perform the Game of Thrones Theme

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Watch The Queen's Guard Perform the Game of Thrones Theme

Watch The Queen's Guard perform the Game of Thrones theme during the changing of the guard. You're royally welcome.

Ever wanted to hear The Queen's Guard play the Game of Thrones theme from HBO's hit TV series? If you do, you just got your wish. Shown in the video is a three-minute clip where the TV series' theme song is being played live by The Queen's Guard during the changing of the guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace. Fortunately for us, tourists were there and managed to record the entire thing. HBO has since confirmed that the performance was timed to coincide with Queen Elizabeth II's visit on the Game of Thrones set.

For other Game of Thrones news here on The Escapist, make sure to read up on how Game of Thrones movie anytime soon -- at least according to HBO. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136264-Sean-Bean-Wants-to-Return-as-Ned-Stark-in-Game-of-Thrones]

What do you make of the performance? And have you seen a rendition as impressive?

Source: Winter is Coming [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59SiA4Yg0A#t=27]

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
The Queen's Guard does a changing of the guard in French for the first time in history (since it was French Canadians going so), no one bats an eyelash.

Does music from an overrated show: everyone looses their minds.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I thought the guards were suppose to be serious 24/7? I mean I remember reading an article that one of the guards got sacked for doing the "What's upp!!!" over the phone when he was off duty.
None the less this is pretty epic, so what's the Queen house be called and the house motto?

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
None the less this is pretty epic, so what's the Queen house be called and the house motto?
I could always recycle the joke that went round when the Queen was visiting the Game of Thrones set.

Windsor is Coming!

But that would be cheesy, so I won't

notred360

Nov 23, 2011
they do this kind of thing a lot, it's good for practice and raising military support, when the Gurkhas visited my school the band played all kinds of stuff like the Indiana Jones and Jurassic park themes, it's quite a show to see bands marching to the star wars main theme. i imagine is would be similar in america or does your military not have marching regiments?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hmm, I guess having the royals around can actually raise a few interesting moments from time to time.

Macsen Wledig

Oct 4, 2013
Oh! I heard the game of thrones theme and I thought a monarch might die a horrible death. 0/10 disappointed.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
notred360 said:
they do this kind of thing a lot, it's good for practice and raising military support, when the Gurkhas visited my school the band played all kinds of stuff like the Indiana Jones and Jurassic park themes, it's quite a show to see bands marching to the star wars main theme. i imagine is would be similar in america or does your military not have marching regiments?
We've got military marching bands but - and I can only speak for myself, having never really lived in proximity to any military bases - they're not as well known as the Queen's Guard. Even I know about them, if only vaguely as the guys who aren't to react when folks come by to mug for photos with them. I hadn't known they were also known for their band, but it stands to reason.

Over here a closer parallel for mixing popularity with esprit de corps might be college marching bands. Not my cup of tea, but folks who hail from the big colleges go ape over 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6YB6cUc_-c

I also associate them with stuff like this...

http://btn.com/2013/10/19/check-out-what-michigan-state-band-did-at-halftime/