Watch The Rock Fight The Quake in First San Andreas Trailer

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Watch The Rock Fight The Quake in First San Andreas Trailer

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson wrestles with mother nature in upcoming disaster flick

It's been a few years since disaster movies [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/1088-2012] were last en vogue, but the brand new trailer for San Andreas is gambling that the star power of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson can bring them back for a story about a California-area earthquake so massive it effects the entire country.

The True Detective's [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137233-The-Rock-is-Black-Adam] Alexandra Daddario) who has been stranded in San Francisco.

Paul Giamatti, What It's Like Being Alone [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/columns/moviebob/11969-I-Origins-Is-Irreducibly-Irritating] creator (and director of Cats & Dogs II: The Revenge of Kitty Galore) Brad Peyton, who previously directed Johnson in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, directs from a screenplay by Allan Loeb, Carlton Cuse, Carey Hayes and Chad Hayes, based on the original script by Jeremy Passmore and Andre Fabrizio.

Warner Bros [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdelLJ8g22c]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/movies-and-tv/]

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Ooooof, how clichéd... Isn't the aim of the trailer to fool us -with the best bits- into thinking it's original and worth waiting for?

And now that we're ripping on it, why would the dam break from the top down?
Since the earth where it's standing on is moving, I'd see a break from below as more likely. Also, the water pressure increases one atmosphere every 10 meters (say 30 feet) you go deeper. So the bottom is subject to way more pressure to collapse.
If you'd say the water is moving very violenty at the top level -somehow- why isn't that movement splashing a big amount over the damn before it succumbs?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
A 2012-esque disaster flick featuring the done to death cliche of an ex-husband and ex-wife getting back together, directed by the guy who did a horrible sequel to a decent children's film, and adapted from a script worked by six people.

Yeah, I don't see how this could turn out wrong in the slightest.

Aug 1, 2010
Well shit, with such masterpieces as Cats and Dogs 2: Revenge of Kitty Galore and a sequel to an already bad Brenden Fraser movie under his belt, I just can't see how this director's new disaster movie could possibly be bad.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
And now that we're ripping on it, why would the dam break from the top down?
Since the earth where it's standing on is moving, I'd see a break from below as more likely. Also, the water pressure increases one atmosphere every 10 meters (say 30 feet) you go deeper. So the bottom is subject to way more pressure to collapse.
If you'd say the water is moving very violenty at the top level -somehow- why isn't that movement splashing a big amount over the damn before it succumbs?
The only reason I can think of is that Dams are at their thickest (and strongest) at the bottom and get thinner as they go up. Still I'd expect it from the bottom up as you said :)

OT: Everyone else has said everything there is to say, talk about a generic idea.....

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Damn. From the title of the article, I was hoping there was going to be a GTA: San Andreas movie staring The Rock as CJ. Now I'm disappointed.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Even the San Andreas fault can't stop hot girls from walking around in tank tops. Aw yeah!

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
Is anyone else going to reference Disaster!, the Universal Studios attraction/ride/green screen thing? The one featuring a fake earthquake disaster movie starring the Rock? Because it was the first thing I thought of, especially with the article's caption.

I just find it funny that Johnson is going from helping parody a disaster movie to actually starring in that disaster movie. Maybe I'm alone in that.

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
Micalas said:
Damn. From the title of the article, I was hoping there was going to be a GTA: San Andreas movie staring The Rock as CJ. Now I'm disappointed.
Was thinking the exact same thing. GTA San Andreas would make for an excellent film, I mean hell if you do the story mode it plays out like a movie already!

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
CAN SAN ANDREAS SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING? Yep, especially when he Rockbottoms the earthquake and saves the day.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
shadowstriker86 said:
Micalas said:
Was thinking the exact same thing. GTA San Andreas would make for an excellent film, I mean hell if you do the story mode it plays out like a movie already!
Yeah, I'd imagine it being a lot like Bad Boys, big stupid action scenes, a focus on drug crime and cartels, Gang bangers, corrupt cops.
While they would have to trim off a lot of stuff, if they just focused it all in Los Santos and made the conflict between GSF and the Ballas/C.R.A.S.H. the central theme, I'd say it'd work.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Why do I get the strong impression that I just saw most of Paul Giamatti's performance in this trailer? Looking at the cast, he's the best actor in there...

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
Diablo1099 said:
shadowstriker86 said:
Micalas said:
Yeah, I'd imagine it being a lot like Bad Boys, big stupid action scenes, a focus on drug crime and cartels, Gang bangers, corrupt cops.
While they would have to trim off a lot of stuff, if they just focused it all in Los Santos and made the conflict between GSF and the Ballas/C.R.A.S.H. the central theme, I'd say it'd work.
Actually now that I think about it, you could make it an epic 2-3 parter movie; 1st part Los Santos, 2nd part in San Fierro/Badlands and the 3rd part back in Los Santos for the conclusion. L.A., Vegas then back to L.A.. Easy as hell for filmiing