Watch Video of the New Animated Login Screen for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
that's... that's so awesome. maybe i will start playing WoW just so i can see this login screen ALL THE TIME (no not really its not that awesome, but it is awesome)

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Ahaha, yeah no. Lets just say I know I will watch it too many times in teh next year to care about what it is now

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
Not seen heard in this video: the music builds up to a fairly dark theme that contains a mix of both Vanilla and TBC main themes, complete with a choir. It's really awesome.

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
I'm actually kinda meh on this one. I wish he did something, like Sindy did for WotLK's screen.
Here, all he's doing is sitting on a castle, panting, and looking like he forgot what he came there for.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Why is it pretty much that half the news articles these days have all been about WoW? It feels like it's the spotlight game for the news staff here.

As for the video, cool I suppose... it's just a dragon moving around. Burning Crusade had a twirling portal. Feels pointless added.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
That music is so epic makes me wanna play WoW now. i wonder if they you will be able to pick the opening theme and music i really liked the BC login screen.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That is certainly more impressive then the Guild Wars login page (it is just a snowy mountain with some building in the night) although what was the old login screen before the new one?

unwesen

May 16, 2009
Now I get why Deathwing is called Deathwing. With those jaws he could never eat properly, poor mutant, and starved to death.

unwesen

May 16, 2009
Grey Carter said:
luckycharms8282 said:
who would name a castle/town stormwind?
Apparently Blizzard went to the death metal school of fantasy naming conventions.
Black. You mean black metal. Death metal tends to have slightly more sensible naming. Slightly. Not much, I'll grant you.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
The thud at 6 seconds was really underwhelming...

I would have expected more of a mighty crash from Deathwing. I am disappoint.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Get used to this, WoW players. This is what you will see each and every time you sit down to enter Azeroth when Cataclysm launches on December 7th, a day that will live in infamy.
Oh damn. You did not just quote Franklin D. Roosevelt and his Speech of Infamy (or was it Infamy Speech?) with Cataclysms launch date! xD

Well, It's not a bad login screen, that's for sure, but it doesn't beat the login screen for Vanilla and TBC though imo. Yay for him not roaring or anything annoying like a certain other login-screen dragon though >_>

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
One thing I don't like about it, cool as it is, is why he's just chillin' on Stormwind. Doesn't he have mountains to sunder? Innocents to destroy? What about all the adventurers in SW taking potshots at his face? He wouldn't just be sitting there for 11 minutes while [email protected] is still trying to remember his password.

unwesen said:
Now I get why Deathwing is called Deathwing. With those jaws he could never eat properly, poor mutant, and starved to death.
He's immortal. It might explain why he's so angry.

luckycharms8282 said:
who would name a castle/town stormwind?
They're named Stormwind after the cities frequent wind storms (Which... don't actually appear in game). They probably just felt that "Windstorm" would have been stupid.