Watch Videogame Pick Up Lines Brutally Murder Romance

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
Um... this is a game, isn't it? Are you seriously saying that people who joke about being into necrophilia just to fit the name "Tomb Raider" into their pickup lines are actually TRYING? That entire thing seemed more like a Mega 64-esque "go into public situation, make fool of self" situation. You seem to be judging people harshly for something I doubt they would even try in the first place if they weren't challenging each other to do so as a group and record the hilarious/awkward results. ._.

Perspicacity

Dec 31, 2011
Hmm... fail? No not enough. Epic fail? No still to weak. Fail bomb? still not quite. Nuclear fail bomb? well, almost there... hmm... what comes after nuclear? ...got it!

Its a gamma burst [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-ray_burst] fail!

I guess the only thing bigger would be a big bang fail but those usually involve Charlie Sheen.

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
Tipsy Giant said:
Razada said:
insult, insult & insult
We have been throwing some insults back and forth, lets leave it with you think these guys are showing nerdy dudes how to yield confidence and I think it's proof that no matter what you say you can pick up vapid women if you work out and YES have self confidence.

I think self confidence is an every day skill though and that your enjoyment of a specific art form and your interest in discussing it (people here) does not prove your lack of self confidence, in fact people should realise that to seem confident you should actually be comfortable with who you are and if you think you need to resort to "tricks" or "pick up lines" you are failing yourself.

For the record:
I have no problems differentiating between friendship and relationship intent, you seem keen to paint me as some misinformed loser with no hopes of getting a date, where the truth couldn't be further from the truth, I am very happy with who I am and I simply only bother with women who can engage me mentally as well physically which I don't think is too much for anyone to ask for, regardless of whether they enjoy gaming.
It does not have to be vapid women. So do you have problems getting a date? Not sure if you are trying to say you are quite the Casannova in the last paragraph, or just doing a politician and not really addressing the point.

Its true that women like cheesy. I literally snagged my fiance by texting her "I wish I knew how to quit you" in the middle of the night. She was attached at that time but turns out we were soul mates.

Its okay to have no confidence to talk to people, but there is no point getting jealous over others who can.

In reality the Jocks do beat us nerds in sheer number of dates, but they don't keep them forever like we do.

JoelChenFA

Nov 24, 2010
Beautiful End said:
Mygaffer said:
Beautiful End said:
gellert1984 said:
Beautiful End said:
When I lived in the US I new a guy who went around bars asking attractive looking women if 'you wanna fuck?'. 9 times out of 10 he'd get a slap but he never spent a night alone using this method.
Wow. I...uhh...I guess I've been lucky for I've never met people like that, men nor women.

I still prefer to date people who are interested in something else other than sex, thank you very much. :/
I'd really hate to date someone who wasn't interested in sex. Are you a sexless creature?
Yes, I'm a frog. Hear me roar. >_>

Now, let me quote myself, and I'll add bold this time:

I said said:
"I still prefer to date people who are interested in something else other than sex..."
Something else, as in, I know they're not just talking to me so they can have a quick fuck and be on their way. Sex is awesome, but I'm not the kind of person who gets laid just for the joy of getting laid with whoever is walking in front of me.

Better?
Its Whomever. And no, don't get laid by whomever, just the hot ones.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
JoelChenFA said:
Tipsy Giant said:
Razada said:
insult, insult & insult
We have been throwing some insults back and forth, lets leave it with you think these guys are showing nerdy dudes how to yield confidence and I think it's proof that no matter what you say you can pick up vapid women if you work out and YES have self confidence.

I think self confidence is an every day skill though and that your enjoyment of a specific art form and your interest in discussing it (people here) does not prove your lack of self confidence, in fact people should realise that to seem confident you should actually be comfortable with who you are and if you think you need to resort to "tricks" or "pick up lines" you are failing yourself.

For the record:
I have no problems differentiating between friendship and relationship intent, you seem keen to paint me as some misinformed loser with no hopes of getting a date, where the truth couldn't be further from the truth, I am very happy with who I am and I simply only bother with women who can engage me mentally as well physically which I don't think is too much for anyone to ask for, regardless of whether they enjoy gaming.
It does not have to be vapid women. So do you have problems getting a date? Not sure if you are trying to say you are quite the Casannova in the last paragraph, or just doing a politician and not really addressing the point.

Its true that women like cheesy. I literally snagged my fiance by texting her "I wish I knew how to quit you" in the middle of the night. She was attached at that time but turns out we were soul mates.

Its okay to have no confidence to talk to people, but there is no point getting jealous over others who can.

In reality the Jocks do beat us nerds in sheer number of dates, but they don't keep them forever like we do.
Sorry thought the whole "Couldn't be further from the truth" was clear enough, yes I get dates easily as I grew up with a best friend who happened to be female and three sisters, all taught me there is no difference between the way you should talk to each gender and their biggest annoyance is being treated differently.
Jocks are Sports Nerds, everyone is nerdy about something, don't let your hobbies define you

JoelChenFA

Nov 24, 2010
Tipsy Giant said:
JoelChenFA said:
Tipsy Giant said:
Razada said:
insult, insult & insult

For the record:

Sorry thought the whole "Couldn't be further from the truth" was clear enough, yes I get dates easily as I grew up with a best friend who happened to be female and three sisters, all taught me there is no difference between the way you should talk to each gender and their biggest annoyance is being treated differently.
Jocks are Sports Nerds, everyone is nerdy about something, don't let your hobbies define you
If you have no problem getting dates, then what is your secret if not to be funny and confident (like the guys in the video)

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
JoelChenFA said:
Tipsy Giant said:
JoelChenFA said:
Tipsy Giant said:
Razada said:
insult, insult & insult

For the record:

If you have no problem getting dates, then what is your secret if not to be funny and confident (like the guys in the video)
There is no secret, it is simply talking to them like you would anyone, not trying to trick her or use silly lines, just ask her about herself, talk about what you have in common, see if there is a spark, all the other nonsense is ridiculous. so rather than helping socially awkward guys get dates all these guys do is give them false hope that fake confidence will work (Which i'm sure does if you have spent loads of time in the gym).

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
"Are you single"
"No, I'm Tekken"

I was totally not expecting that, and that's probably why I found it funny

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Not only is this just plain creepy, but these guys are also terrible at their chosen venue of hypnosis, thank God. And I'm not just taking his name in vain here, I do literally mean: thank the big guy up there in the sky who didn't give these guys the articulatory skills necessary to pull this off.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
JoelChenFA said:
I'd like to make a call out to kindness and consideration. I believe those are of more fundamental importance. And whether or not these guys in the video are actually "funny" still remains to be seen. As far as confidence goes, that is the easy part, as is very well illustrated by a famous American humourist:

"To succeed in life you need two things: ignorance and confidence." - Mark Twain.

DougieFresh

Feb 26, 2012
Farther than stars said:
Not only is this just plain creepy, but these guys are also terrible at their chosen venue of hypnosis, thank God. And I'm not just taking his name in vain here, I do literally mean: thank the big guy up there in the sky who didn't give these guys the articulatory skills necessary to pull this off.
If you think cold approaching girls is creepy then youre one of the guys that think these dudes are "douchebags" just because they can go talk to girls and you cant. Go watch their channel before you judge, and watch the tips videos and other videos where they talk about more of what they do and why they do it. They only make videos like this because 95% (look at the like bar) of the population think they're hilarious when they pick up girls in this way, and they do it to show any guys can get girls, even if they act and say retarded things.

And no confidence is not the easy part. Im sure most the people bashing them on here know that first hand. How many good looking girls have you randomly walked up to lately and started conversation with, without showing that you just wanna "be friends"?

These guys have been a great help to many people including myself. And if you think theyre douchebags and creepy, then youre just arrogant.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
JoelChenFA said:
Beautiful End said:
Mygaffer said:
Beautiful End said:
gellert1984 said:
Beautiful End said:
When I lived in the US I new a guy who went around bars asking attractive looking women if 'you wanna fuck?'. 9 times out of 10 he'd get a slap but he never spent a night alone using this method.
Wow. I...uhh...I guess I've been lucky for I've never met people like that, men nor women.

I still prefer to date people who are interested in something else other than sex, thank you very much. :/
I'd really hate to date someone who wasn't interested in sex. Are you a sexless creature?

I said said:
"I still prefer to date people who are interested in something else other than sex..."
Something else, as in, I know they're not just talking to me so they can have a quick fuck and be on their way. Sex is awesome, but I'm not the kind of person who gets laid just for the joy of getting laid with whoever is walking in front of me.

Better?
Don't really care for grammatical lessons and its thousand uses here. And also, duh.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Mygaffer said:
Beautiful End said:
Mygaffer said:
Beautiful End said:
gellert1984 said:
Beautiful End said:

I said said:

Better?
Not really. I understood what you were trying to say, that you want someone who is not *just* interested in sex, but that is not what you actually said. Anyway, I was just making the point that for most humans sex is a big part of the dating experience.
Hm, well, I don't see how I can be more specific than that.

Of course, sex is a big drive when you're dating. I mean, let's say you're dating someone seriously, with the intentions of getting married one day or whatever. of course you're looking forward to the sex part, especially since having kids is what follows most of the time. Or if it's just casual dating, then sure, you would like to get there eventually.
I get what you're saying and I agree. But yeah, for me, I'd like to know at least that person's last name before trying to shank them. Or vice versa.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
I thought that was actually pretty funny, and I watched some of their other vids, not terrible, and they do amuse me somewhat.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Seems like the writer of this article and a lot of people in this thread misunderstood the video. That's a shame. I'm actually amazed at some of the discussions provided from watching something like this. o_O;

JoelChenFA

Nov 24, 2010
Beautiful End said:
JoelChenFA said:
Beautiful End said:
Mygaffer said:
Beautiful End said:
gellert1984 said:
Beautiful End said:

I said said:

Better?
Don't really care for grammatical lessons and its thousand uses here. And also, duh.
You mean grammar lessons, not all grammatical lessons are about grammar. I personally have been to both grammatically correct and incorrect engineering lectures.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
JoelChenFA said:
Beautiful End said:
JoelChenFA said:
Beautiful End said:
Mygaffer said:
Beautiful End said:
gellert1984 said:
Beautiful End said:

I said said:

Better?
You mean grammar lessons, not all grammatical lessons are about grammar. I personally have been to both grammatically correct and incorrect engineering lectures.
Cool story, bro.