Watching the Kitten...

Mykonos

May 19, 2009
Seriously, I can't focus on anything I'm doing because of this damn kitten! I've had to watch this kitten for the last 3 days and it keeps clawing the hell out of me!! Playing L4D on live is frantic because I'm trying to focus on where the horde's coming from whilst being climbed by a what feels like a small man with pick axes! Now I DO take good care of it and am paying attention to it. But it needs love 24/7! I cant do a thing without it biting and clawing!

Anyone else know this kinda situation? Or at least how to deal with it?

Whoolpurse

Jul 14, 2008
Yeah, I had a kitten like that, When it used it claws put your fingers on it paws and say No firmly, But anything else just give it the love it needs, play with it till' it's tired and all that. Good luck.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Put a cardboard box over it, put something on the cardboard box to keep it down. Problem solved.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Mykonos said:
Seriously, I can't focus on anything I'm doing because of this damn kitten! I've had to watch this kitten for the last 3 days and it keeps clawing the hell out of me!! Playing L4D on live is frantic because I'm trying to focus on where the horde's coming from whilst being climbed by a what feels like a small man with pick axes! Now I DO take good care of it and am paying attention to it. But it needs love 24/7! I cant do a thing without it biting and clawing!

Anyone else know this kinda situation? Or at least how to deal with it?
Tape a string above a vent, that should keep it busy.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Lock it inside another room. Its simple, and gives it plenty of room to run around.

ryuutchi

Apr 15, 2009
Ignore it. Alternately, give it toys or a ball of yarn or something.

Catnip sometimes helps, and will send cats off into their own little blissed out world. But that runs the risk of making the kitten even more needy.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
You will love it when it's a bit older and they look so cute when they sleep.
If you want a break from kitten watching keep it in a room with all possible ways of escape closed or blocked and any breakable/dangerous things where it can't get to.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
You could look after it. Just play with it till its knackered and then you have the free time you need.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
People always get kittens when they should get full-grown pound cats. Cats like attention on occasion, but most of the time would prefer you let them alone.

Anything well-adjusted over the age of 2 is preferable. Especially if you're a gamer. Dogs are not gamer pets. Cats, goldfish, parrots, and lizards are gamer pets.

And maybe rodents. As long as you keep them in their boxes.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
It a kitten.

Put down the damn game and play with the thing. The game will be there when you deside to come back to it, the kitten is the one that acutlly needs the attention.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
your complaining about having a kitten?!?

:O

ill gladly look after it for you XD

and just play the game and let the kitten attack your shoes, it worked for my cousin

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
TheBluesader said:
People always get kittens when they should get full-grown pound cats. Cats like attention on occasion, but most of the time would prefer you let them alone.

Anything well-adjusted over the age of 2 is preferable. Especially if you're a gamer. Dogs are not gamer pets. Cats, goldfish, parrots, and lizards are gamer pets.

And maybe rodents. As long as you keep them in their boxes.
I'm a gamer and I love my dog. He sits wish big ole head on my lap as I play ps3 and he keeps me from getting too angry at the game cuz I don't want to scare him in the next room.

edit: On topic. Stop what you're doing OP and PLAY WITH THE KITTEN. It wants attention and to play as babies often do.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Just try to find more time to love it. That works with me, and I've got 3 cats in my house.