Watching the Kitten...

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I would say get another kitten for it to play with and definetly grab a few willow sticks for them to play with.

Killerkittenprr

May 15, 2008
unabomberman said:
Dude, or duddette, I don't know ya...I can fix your problems, for real.

Catnip.

Buy it, put it infront of it, and let the coke fiend discover its true love, and then play L4D. The cat won't bother you, like EVER(except to ask for more since now it's, well, hooked). 100% guaranteed to work. Check youtube if you don't believe me.
Never, ever give a kitten catnip. It can be really bad for it.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Lazzi said:
It a kitten.

Put down the damn game and play with the thing. The game will be there when you deside to come back to it, the kitten is the one that acutlly needs the attention.
This, and they are fun too. Now my cats are older they just sleep all day, one of them is asleep on my desk right now...

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Kill the kitten and eat it. Or sell it to Cambodian drug dealers.

<color=white>Kidding.
Thank God you put that 'kidding' text in white. Otherwise my Terminator programming would kick in and I'd be forced to electrocute you via the Internet.

That said:

OH GAWD IT'S STILL GOING!!!!
BAMALAM BAMALAM BAMALAM BAMA-FREAKING-LAM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

/shoots self
*contacts Skynet and sends an order for a T-1000 to pick up the body*

As long as the Oracle draws breath, the Dance Dance Kitty Revolution will never die.

The_Chief

Jun 3, 2008
Killerkittenprr said:
unabomberman said:

Catnip.

Buy it, put it infront of it, and let the coke fiend discover its true love, and then play L4D. The cat won't bother you, like EVER(except to ask for more since now it's, well, hooked). 100% guaranteed to work. Check youtube if you don't believe me.
if you give a cat some cat nip he'll ask for some milk.
if you give him some milk, he'll want some more.
if you don't he'll bite you and acquire a taste for human blood.
if he acquires a taste for human blood, he'll want to feed.
if he feeds he will turn people into a legion of vampires.
if he turns people into a legion of vampires the military will have to be called in.
if the military is called in they will be infected.
if the military is infected the goverment will be forced to nuke the country.
if the goverment nukes the country no one will be left to keep the worlds nukes in check, and everyone will blow each other up.

and thats why i had to kill Jerry, he was giving the cat some cat nip.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
Assassinator said:
piers789 said:
Put the kitten on your shoulder and get it to lie down - this has its drawbacks though, my cat is now about 5 now and he will jump from most heights (above and below) onto my shoulders, walk around and either go to sleep or bugger off to get some food. Don't get me wrong its awesome on so many levels and really nice and warm and even better when he's purring, but he does start to get quite heavy after a while.
If my cats would do that, I'd probably get knocked of my feet. 1 Is a fatty, the other one is just big. And not to mention the claws...oooo the claws. My arms and hands are FULL of scars after 18 years of cat handeling (from birth). Anything to serve my masters, hail the kitty overlords!
My cat is pretty stocky and has as far as I'm concerned, too many claws. Luckily the cat is normally very good about not using its claws when on my (or anyone else's - including guests) shoulders. He is a very cool cat...

Though like you I do have copious scars from the various cats we've owned.

By the way I'm going to have the image in my mind of someone getting knocked down by a cat jumping on them for a very long time - its just hilarious...

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:

<color=white>Kidding.
Thank God you put that 'kidding' text in white. Otherwise my Terminator programming would kick in and I'd be forced to electrocute you via the Internet.

That said:

/shoots self

As long as the Oracle draws breath, the Dance Dance Kitty Revolution will never die.
*Comes back to life*

Time to die than *****.

*Cocks shotgun*
*conjures a fireball in each of twin titanium clawed-hands*

Bring it, fleshbag.

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Killerkittenprr said:
unabomberman said:

Catnip.

I don't have a cat, so I don't really know, but I don't see how cat nip would be bad for kittens. It's not like alcohol or other drugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta
Catnip has nepetalactone, a terpene. Nepetalactone can be extracted from catnip by steam distillation.[10] Cats detect it through their olfactory epithelium, not through their vomeronasal organ.[11] At the olfactory epithelium, the nepetalactone binds to one or more olfactory receptors where it probably mimics a cat pheromone, such as the hypothetical feline facial pheromone or the cat urine odorant MMB.
I can't see how it'd be harmful. Do you have a link to a study, or something?

Apparently though, it usually only has an effect on adult cats and not kittens, so this point is moot.
http://www.blurtit.com/q833703.html

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
imacharginmehlaz0r said:
Killerkittenprr said:
unabomberman said:

Catnip.

if you give a cat some cat nip he'll ask for some milk.
if you give him some milk, he'll want some more.
if you don't he'll bite you and acquire a taste for human blood.
if he acquires a taste for human blood, he'll want to feed.
if he feeds he will turn people into a legion of vampires.
if he turns people into a legion of vampires the military will have to be called in.
if the military is called in they will be infected.
if the military is infected the goverment will be forced to nuke the country.
if the goverment nukes the country no one will be left to keep the worlds nukes in check, and everyone will blow each other up.

and thats why i had to kill Jerry, he was giving the cat some cat nip.
And the moral of this story is, giving cats catnip is morally wrong, but justified murder is A-OK.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:
The_Oracle said:
NoMoreSanity said:

<color=white>Kidding.

That said:

/shoots self

*Comes back to life*

Time to die than *****.

*Cocks shotgun*
*conjures a fireball in each of twin titanium clawed-hands*

Bring it, fleshbag.
*Shoots Oracle in the head and kills her*

There, I win.

Also, WHY DO I KEEP DERAILING THREADS!!!1!
Everything that has a beginning has an end, NoMoreSanity. Including....you.

*returns to life and impales NoMoreSanity with a conjured titanium lance*

And yes, we do seem to be the agents of derailing in this particular situation, don't we Mr. Sanity? Indeed. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThoseTwoBadGuys]

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
I also have a kitten. I had to watch it for about a week after we got it but now it's safe to let it roam around the house.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Mykonos said:
Seriously, I can't focus on anything I'm doing because of this damn kitten! I've had to watch this kitten for the last 3 days and it keeps clawing the hell out of me!! Playing L4D on live is frantic because I'm trying to focus on where the horde's coming from whilst being climbed by a what feels like a small man with pick axes! Now I DO take good care of it and am paying attention to it. But it needs love 24/7! I cant do a thing without it biting and clawing!

Anyone else know this kinda situation? Or at least how to deal with it?
Pet it, feed it, let it sleep in your lap when you play. And don't post it up here. Common sense.

And be sure to report anyone who suggests harming it as they are obvious trolls with no reason to post than just to look like a turd. Must be a sad life if your afraid of a small animal the only responce is kill kill kill... must be hell to see a spider or someone with different color skin.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
Mykonos said:
Seriously, I can't focus on anything I'm doing because of this damn kitten! I've had to watch this kitten for the last 3 days and it keeps clawing the hell out of me!! Playing L4D on live is frantic because I'm trying to focus on where the horde's coming from whilst being climbed by a what feels like a small man with pick axes! Now I DO take good care of it and am paying attention to it. But it needs love 24/7! I cant do a thing without it biting and clawing!

Anyone else know this kinda situation? Or at least how to deal with it?
You have i microwave dont you? i fail to see the problem.... Im more of a dog person incase you havent noticed :p but i hear orange peel is good, although quite how your gonna cover your gamer area in that is beyond me.

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
Whoolpurse said:
Yeah, I had a kitten like that, When it used it claws put your fingers on it paws and say No firmly, But anything else just give it the love it needs, play with it till' it's tired and all that. Good luck.
Being firm doesn't work with cat's...or kittens. I'm allergic to cats, and have severe asthma, so being around cats can be fatal to me, so I make it a point to keep them off me. What I do, when one approaches me, is pick up whatever is nearest to me, and throw it far away from where I'm standing.

Most of the time they will abandon their pursuit to go after whatever you threw. But... be prepared to deal with the consequences, if it fails...or you hit somebody...or whatever you throw is explosive...or expensive, and breakable.

Did I mention I've recently taken in a pregnant stray cat?