Watchmen Author Alan Moore Lashes Out At Critics in "Final" Interview

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
thebobmaster said:
Reed Spacer said:
thebobmaster said:
RaikuFA said:
Wait, are they seriously gonna try and sue Moore because he told some people off?

That's fucking low.
No, they are going to try to sue Moore because he's spreading lies (at least, according to the lawsuit). That is legally libel. I think. Would this be slander or libel?

Either way, it's not "because he told some people off". Imagine if someone went around saying that Roger Ebert gave their movie two stars instead of three because they didn't pay him off as he requested. That's about the same level as Moore's accusation that the reviewer broke confidentiality when said reviewer, according to them, had permission.
It's libel if it's wrtten, it's slander if it's spoken.
I know. For some reason, I was thinking that this was a written transcription of a verbal interview, hence the confusion. So, it would be libel in this case.

"Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel."-J. Jonah Jameson
Hmmm? Which makes this an interesting question. Interviews are typically considered Slander. But this was a written interview where he wrote out responses to questions. This of course having no bearing on whether or not Moore is a batshit crazy asshole. It would just be an interesting legal question.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
Alan Moore is demonstrably more intelligent then his critics, and he's also a nasty grumpy old man.

This is nothing that wasn't already on the public record.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
I am interested in the case of the reviewer. I wonder if she really did have the permissions, like she said? More importantly, I want to know because critics and victim complexes come hand in hand. It'd be interesting if she really was guilty and merely trying to preserve her public image.

I'm saving Moore's text for later reading. Libel or no, someone with his penmanship is guaranteed to craft a hell of a roast.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Reed Spacer said:
Alternate headline: "Moore throws classic hissy-fit; world sighs, rolls eyes while making universal 'jack-off' gesture; goes back to ignoring him."