We Are Our Avatars VIII: Interdimensional Jaunt. (Closed up, thanks for playing.)

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
Ethan filled out the sheet fairly quickly "So about this cure I heard about?"

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
[color=666666] "I see... That's rather considerate of the higher-ups of this city then..." [/color] Ness said, nodding a small bit. [color=666666] Looks like I know where I'm spending my time... [/color]

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
the squad leader glared at Seras. "again, we need this information for your health. You'll be staying with us these next few days, and we don't want to get you sick, or hurt, or even dead. If you don't have anything thats a common occurrence, tell us, and we won't have any problems. And we'll need to know what kind of blood you drink, because unauthorized hunting of individuals is completely unaccepted, so we need a way to get you food. This isn't about mistreating you, or killing you, or even being mean to you." he explained, seeming annoyed that Seras was putting up such an effort over this. He nodded absently to Ness's statement. "you'll have a one day waiting period, but after that you'll be free to go wherever you please."
[hr]
"nope, we're good. Now we wait for everyone else to catch up."

Chungus

The memes, Jack!
Mar 25, 2012
Elsewhere, on a planet in another universe universe, a large dimensional portal was about to be activated, large enough for a fleet of ships to sail through. While experiments with opening smaller dimensional portals have been conducted in the past, all with success after initial trial an d error, opening one as large as the current one was all but unheard of, and awhole host of precautions were taken to avoid disaster.

Initial activation of the portal went well enough, as a glow began forming in the center of the vast metal ring that made up the bulk of the portal, which then brightened and expanded, until the glow spanned across the ring. After the initial five seconds this charging up period took, the second phase of activating the portal was started. What was a glow became a blue, two-dimensional field, and at this point, the portal started to grow unstable. It began sending out waves of energy, lashing out against the dimensional boundries, creating temporary rifts in the space-time continuum. For teight seconds, this continued, after which the portal was shut down. The damage report stated the damage done was minimal. Minimal, but not non-existant.

One rift that was created as a result of the unstable portal, was opened on a planet neighbouring the one the portal was activated, and during the time it was open, a variety of things were sucked into it. One of which was an unfortunate person, although they were fortunate enough to not be lost in the void between worlds.

Instead, they found themselves in they waiting room, the sheet of paper in his right hand. The figure was a somewhat thinly man of average height, possibly in his early thirties. He had pale skin, and a keen observer might notice he had powder around eyes and nose, appearing to mask a rash. He wore a buttoned white shirt, with a beige sleeveless overcoat over it, and a brown coat over that, which reached to the man's thighs, and was left unbuttoned. He also wore thick dark brown gloves, striped grey slacks, black loafers, and a black bowler hat.

The man looked around the room, which appeared as it had been hit by a hurricane, in utter confusion, before glancing to the strip of paper in his hand, and standing up. "What in the hell...?"

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
[color=666666] "So we're forced into the dorms for one night, is what you're saying? Or that we can't leave the 'immediate' area for the next 24 hours?" [/color] Ness asked next, tilting her head a small bit.

[color=ff4599] I'd love to see them hold me back.... [/color] A voice quipped in the fedora girl's head. She sighed a bit in response, adjusting her glasses as she did. [color=666666] "I hope you won't find this offensive, but I'm not fond of being constra--" [/color] She stopped short once she heard the sound of a new arrival and looked over toward them. After a moment, she blinked and looked the man over. Even from the distance she was at, she was able to see the masking powder on the man.

[color=666666] ....Do guys normally wear makeup? [/color]
[color=ff4599] Can never tell with other dimensions, right? [/color]
[color=666666] Yeah, but still... [/color]

Outisakanobody

Jan 29, 2012
"Oh fine..." Seras said as she took the paper and started writing down the details of her condition.

Asked his attendant what would be happening next.

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
the squad leader sighed. "I'll get right back to you on that." he walked towards the new arrival calmly, holding a hand up. "Hey buddy, whats that number on the paper you're holding?"

Chungus

The memes, Jack!
Mar 25, 2012
As Ness looked to the man, he returned the gaze momentarily, before his attention was drawn by the squad leader walking towards him while speaking and holding up a hand. The man glanced towards the sheet of paper again, before looking back towards the squad leader. "Eightthousand-and-one..." He answered, speaking in something of a gravely voice. After pausing for a moment, he motioned around the room. "What is this place? Where am I?"

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
the leader held up his hands. "An immigration office. we seem to be having something of an event, lots of people not meaning to fall into here ending up here anyway. Right now, you're at our offices in England. My names Don. Where you're from, was there a lot of teleportation and such? Or was that mostly science fiction?"

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
In the main waiting room, there would be a noticeable thud that range out through the room, much the same sound as a bowling ball landing on the hard tiles. From the rubble of the dragon's awakening, a hamster ball rolled slowly out of it before coming to a stop in a moderately clear patch of floor. The ball itself seemed to be quite frosted over, not allowing to see inside the ball that clearly other than seeing a small rodent of some kind was probably in there.

'W-what's the hell! We can't be there!?'

Chungus

The memes, Jack!
Mar 25, 2012
"England? Never heard of it..." The man commented, despite his style of clothing being reniscent of Victorian England. "I'm from Scheros, Illisess. And no teleporting, no... But there was this..." He answered, but then began to trail off, glancing towards the ground momentarily. "Uhh... I can't explain it. T'was like looking into space, and whatever it was, it sucked me in. Next thing I know, I'm here... Whatever happened, if this is an immigration office, you guys can help me get back, rig--"

He was cut off upon hearing the thud further back in the room. The man looked behind him over his shoulder, but with the small size of the hamster ball, didn't notice it amist the clutter, and so looked back to the squad leader. He didn't finish his sentence, believing the end to it should be obvious.

DotSlash

Knives on Full Auto!
Nov 20, 2011
Ness looked from the man to the hamster ball that thudded onto the floor. Seeing the frost on it, she blinked a bit and had her PDA in hand before sighing and stowed the device back into her labcoat pocket. [color=666666] ....What ever that might be may thrive in the cold... But it seems we're going to be getting more and more people than expected... [/color]

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
Don nodded. "Well, that sounds about right. And I promise you, we'll do our utmost to get you back home, but you'll need to cooperate and follow our instructions when it comes to these things. If you would just sit down at one of the desks, I'll get right to you and get everything sorted out."

None of the officers, still busy interviewing the new arrivals, didn't notice the newest arrival rolling in. Rozlynn did look up at the thump, but decided to check it after finishing the interview.

Chungus

The memes, Jack!
Mar 25, 2012
"Alright, then." The man said with a nod. Doing as told, he walked over to one of the desks that hadn't been bowled over, and sat down, laying the piece of paper down on the desk, and looking around the room more, specifically, the hole that had been blown into the ceiling. After this, he clasped his hands together, and looked down to them.

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
'No, there's no way we've gotten outta Andramida 6 by now, something's up.' He thought as he looked around for a moment, then scuttled towards his controls.

'Wait, we just jumped space!? That's not possible?!' He thought as he looked over the various gauges and such, the hamster ball quickly losing the frost around it, but still seemed quite translucent to the point it was very hard to tell what was inside the orb. 'If this is some trick by the Cherry Bros. to get me outta Redline they have another thing coming! Now where the hell am I?' He thought as a bunch of star charts and other various gauges appeared within the orb's confines.

The ball itself seemed to stay motionless, not seeming to mind the moving around of the occupant inside.

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
Don turned back to Seras and Ness, ready to finish their dealings.

OoC: Gonna tap out for tonight, I think. Got some actually possibly difficult exams tomorrow.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
The woman followed the man who led her off to the side, giving him a once over as she walked. Her reptilian companion followed closely behind her, keeping an eye on everything else. "I am Sudra Pileha, High Druid of the Pale-Horse Order." She began, speaking with an air of high authority despite her disheveled appearance. When asked for what she carried, the woman identifying herself as Sudra pulled a leather pouch off of her belt. Reaching into the pouch, she pulled it inside out, causing it to spill its contents over the floor. The contents of the pouch were easily noticeable as being too large and too numerous for the pouch to physically contain, and included, among other things, a bedroll, a rolled up tent, several torches, 200 feet of rope, and several more twigs, each with different colored feathers tied to them. When asked for weapons, Sudra used her quarter staff to separate two items from the pile, another staff, this one composed of silver colored wood, and a wooden scimitar, made from a piece of bronze colored wood. "As for what I was doing, I had hired a wizard to send me here, to Timbleton. I have the urgent task to make contact with our sister order of Druids. So if you might simply point me to where they reside, I will be on my way." She replied. After glancing back to the lift doors and puddles of blood, she added, "After I look into that, that is." She pointed towards one of the puddles with the end of her staff. "Something that bleeds fire is certainly a concern of mine."

Sudra's reptilian companion had been observing the surrounding room, growing quite worked up as more beings began to arrive. Sudra clicked her tongue, and the creature settled down, but continued keeping its eyes on the strange ball. "Also, this is my companion, Jon-Jon." Sudra added, motioning to the creature laying by her side.

FPSfanatic

Sep 21, 2011
The man with Sudra nodded politely to Jon-Jon. "Well ma'aam, after we get this all sorted out, we'd be happy to have you take a look at the Wyvern." he wrote down the information, and asked Sudra "Could you tell me if you've got any malladies or infections?"

Her examination of the man would reveal his clothing choices were a little archaic. He preferred pants that would not be amiss in medieval fantasy, and his jacket was made from leather and sewn together, without the metal objects most would be decorated with.