We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Blue had a lot of willpower, and the gaze, while making Blue sleepy, did not bring her down.
"This was a mistake." Blue stated. She made a quick movement with her hand, controlling Yauna's arm, jerking it backwards hard, which was supposed to break the arm.

She then smiled to Nina. "Always a good idea."

The room Nina was in was a throne room, at night. It was hard to see, but behind the portal there were some more mages. There were also more golems present, looking like statues, unmoving. Several soldiers stood guard at two entrances to the room.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Yauna let out a loud scream of pain a her arm broke, however the scream slowly warped into something inhuman. Yauna's face contorted with pain, before it and the rest of her form changed into the worst fears of the people looking at her. Each person would see something different, something that terrified them on a base level, and would have to fight the urge to flee.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Dala averted her gaze, and Blue, as she realized what was happening, cast a quick spell - causing her to not see her fear, but a figment of her imagination instead.

Realizing she could not help the other people in the room, mainly the mages in the back, Blue summoned a big amount of water behind her.

"You should leave." she stated. Then she used the water as a floodwave, supposed to wash Yauna back out of her world, through the portal.
Whoever did not dodge would also get thrown backwards, hard, by the wave.

Chungus

The memes, Jack!
Mar 25, 2012
As the group entered the portal station, the single camouflaged ant spybot that was still there moved to a safe distance in a corridor leading to the portal room, observing them as they entered, and began to fight the Blues, and her assembled back-up.

When reports came through that people had moved through the portal, this didn't sit well with Forefront. While command had no plans to send help to Blue, as things stood, a team was being assembled, just in case it was deemed a response was required.
[hr]
In the throne room, Nina would also see the obvious out of place relay device standing in-between two columns in the right hand side of the room. With the veil over the portal connecting Earth to the otherworld lifted, Dala might also sense the miniature portal it generated.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Raz yelled as Yuana turned into water before his eyes, this, combined with Blue's spell, made Raz use his levitation ball to jump up and grab the highest thing he could, be it an unmoving golem or architecture. Blue and the group would see a watery hand extend from the floodwave in Raz's direction, beckoning him to come closer.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Lambda floated above the sudden torrent to grab Yauna, Nina and anyone else caught, and Candace tried to scramble away from it as it came rushing into the room.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"Can I now speak to someone reasonable? Someone who can get me Anik?" Blue asked.

[color=e50000]"... so you fucked up the fight, then you fucked up the talk, too."[/color] Dala said to Yauna, quite mad. [color=e50000]"I'm just about to just leave, let whatever happens happen to this world - the one you apparently have settled in. Well, at least now you know what Blue can do firsthand.

Or do you have a better idea than me just admitting defeat?"[/color]

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
Yauna scowled up at Dala as her illusion faded and said, "Yes, I fucked up the talking, Miss 'It's not my business'. I tried to create some semblance of peace, and you stonewalled her, not even trying to make a deal. And for the record, I stopped fighting because I was pinned to the floor and couldn't do anything more." As she spoke, Yauna re-summoned the black aura around her hand and staggered over to the nearest pacified former-enemy, who would still be under the influence of the suggestion spell. "You could have offered to speak with XPOL, even if it was just to pacify Blue while you finished closing the portal or something." Yauna continued, grabbing hold of the mage and tearing out his throat. As she ripped his torso and face apart, her arm began slowly twisting back into place. "Should've just charmed them from the start, honestly. Save myself some spells."

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Desperately not wanting to go anywhere near Yauna after her 'scare everyone shitless' spell, Nina called forth a Dark Arm as she started to get swept away by Blue's tidal wave. The arm held her upright and in one place, which ended in most of her torso being unpleasantly crushed between the force of the water and the unyielding arm. [color=ff9966]"Ow."[/color] She muttered in understated fashion, as her summoned arm had to continue holding her to keep her upright after the wave while her torso began rapidly putting everything back where it belonged.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
The water dissolved quickly once Yauna was out of the throne room.

[color=e50000]"Pfft. I can't do that. I need my mouth for talking, and for closing the portal."[/color] Dala explained. [color=e50000]"And she notices the closing of the portal, as you might have noticed. Tricking would not have worked.

I told you to distract her, to keep her off, not to fight Blue directly. That's why I told you what she can do - a lot of it."[/color]

The other soldiers quickly went back through the portal, only the golem remained in the portal room.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"And how were we supposed to distract her without directly engaging her, exactly? If we'd focused on the soldiers through here, she could have slipped through while we were distracted, and killed you, or us." Yauna replied.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
[color=e50000]"Well, not to play the smarty here ... but I was nearly finished closing the portal, and you held your ground quite well.
And if she had slipped through and the portal would have closed then, she would have a problem, not us."[/color]

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"How was I supposed to know that?" Yauna asked. "And I doubt she would've since she could probably just use the station to re-open the portal."

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
[color=e50000]"Because the fucking plan was to close the portal, do you think I plan this when it would not work?
You know, I should just have continued closing the portal. Would have been the best option, even if you would be stuck on the other side.

And if you think she could do it that easily - well, I'm not in the mood to argue anymore. I hope you have any idea how to operate portals, because I'm out of here. I trust Blue will not cause any destabilising of reality - if she conquers your world or does create chaos, whatever, it's not my problem anymore."[/color]

With that, Dala created a portal to Avinah, went through it, and closed it behind her.

[hr]

Blue laughed out loud, she nearly could not hold herself. "Oh, this is nice. Don't even need to guard the portal now! I can just look around on the other side!"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
Montreal, Earth

"I meant how was I supposed to know you were-" Yauna began, before Dala exited stage left. "Almost... done." she trailed off, with a sigh. "Can anyone fix my arm the rest of the way?"

[hr]

Former Calibethan Territory of Faothan Bar, Avinah, 18:35 Local Time

Dala would find herself outside a large marble city, built into the side of a mountain. The city, faintly illuminated by the moon in the north, emitted a dull bluish glow emanating from lights within the city. Further down the road Dala was near, she would spot two faint lights moving through the mountain valley slowly.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Dala, still quite angry, walked along the mountainside, towards the lights, interested on who carried them.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
Faothan Bar, 18:35

As Dala approached the lights she would see nobody carrying them. Instead, they were affixed to the front of an automobile. Looking at it, Dala would see it didn't appear to be very modern, since it was steam-powered, and it was obviously designed with transport in the cold mountains in mind. The driver and passengers didn't notice Dala as they went by, too focused on driving, and conversing with one another respectively.