We have a pandemic on our hands...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
18,847
0
0
and the wird thing is its often some low post count newbie who is never to be seen again

edit:AH FUCK!!! I'm sorry :(
 

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
5,950
14
13
Country
United States
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
I think thread necromancy is a good thing. It encourages originality, and allows discussions to contiue for long periods of time.
You... You did this on purpose, didn't you?

OT: I said on a chat with others here that the beginning of the 2013 has had a lot of necronomiconed threads as of late

lRookiel said:
Time Warp Snip
Hey Rookiel of the past, the situation's the same in 2013 as well!
 

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
May 8, 2020
5,749
654
118
Country
The Dreamlands
Gender
Lose 1d20 sanity points.
Vault101 said:
and the wird thing is its often some low post count newbie who is never to be seen again

edit:AH FUCK!!! I'm sorry :(
This amuses me greatly miss Vault, though in this case I think it was the evil Mr. Ch33s3Cak3 who is apparently the lord of all necromancers and is trying to make all of the threads on the first page necros!
Or at least that's what I assume his agenda is.
 

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
6,581
0
0
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
I think thread necromancy is a good thing. It encourages originality, and allows discussions to contiue for long periods of time.


The only thing I don't get is why they do it with throwaway accounts. I mean it's always a new account that does it, and they never post again, except maybe to revive another thread.

And personally I don't like thread necromancy, because it's never done in the spirit of "continuing the discussion." It's just some random idiot who is having a laugh, and is doing it in the most cowardly way possible. I mean necroing threads isn't even breaking the rules, there's no need for a throwaway account.
 

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
6,581
0
0
TopazFusion said:
Lilani said:
The only thing I don't get is why they do it with throwaway accounts. I mean it's always a new account that does it, and they never post again, except maybe to revive another thread.

And personally I don't like thread necromancy, because it's never done in the spirit of "continuing the discussion." It's just some random idiot who is having a laugh, and is doing it in the most cowardly way possible. I mean necroing threads isn't even breaking the rules, there's no need for a throwaway account.
Well, the person you quoted made the mistake of doing it on their main account.

Perhaps they should've used a throwaway account...

[sub]Check the dates of those posts I've linked, against the date of the previous post above each one.
[sub]Also, good to see you're back Lilani.[/sub][/sub]
Ahah, that has made my night :D

And it's good to be back :3 Got my shit in order, lol.
 

Spoonius

New member
Jul 18, 2009
1,659
0
0
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
I think thread necromancy is a good thing.
I agree.

Ending a thread because of its age is like culling a person because of their height.
 

FireAza

New member
Aug 16, 2011
584
0
0
Philol said:
Quick! Fetch the church elders and some holy water! This evil must be eradicated!

But yeah it is annoying when you click on a seemingly normal thread...and it's from a year ago.
I hate that. You feel like a complete moron for responding to someone who made the post years ago, you almost feel stupider than the person who necro'ed the thread in the first place!

I_am_a_Spoon said:
Ending a thread because of its age is like culling a person because of their height.
That sounds like a forum-themed version of Logan's Run :p
 

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
2,384
16
13
FireAza said:
Philol said:
But yeah it is annoying when you click on a seemingly normal thread...and it's from a year ago.
I hate that. You feel like a complete moron for responding to someone who made the post years ago, you almost feel stupider than the person who necro'ed the thread in the first place!
You probably did it on purpose, but that post you're quoting right there is from more than a year ago.

Anyway, am I the only one who actually checks the dates on threads before posting? I must be...
 

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
33,804
0
0
So, if threads don't get resurrection, how long do they actually exist for, before they get deleted? I saw a reply on a thread that was over 4 years old.

Also, does the 'gentlemen's agreement' about not resurrecting old threads apply to the Forum Games section as well? Because there are some really fantastic games going to waste in there and I love me some games. Games games games.
 

Spoonius

New member
Jul 18, 2009
1,659
0
0
If you want to keep something alive, just post and give it a shot. People shouldn't mind that much unless it's self-promotion.

PS: They last a pretty long time to my knowledge.