Web cartoons you grew up watching.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Gordon_4 said:
Does Red vs Blue count? Cos that?s the first of such things I remember watching in low quality mpeg format :p
Pretty much this.

That shows alone was worth the many hours of downloading the mpeg for just 2-4 minutes file! I remember one time I end up staying up to 4-5 hours for the 6 minutes special cos the 56k modern was slow on that night!

I actually NEVER heard of Homestar runners until many years after it lose its popularity (seen the main guy here and there but never cared to look him up).

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
The only ones I remember distinctly are Homestar Runner and Red VS Blue. Ah, those were the days...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I watched various ones on Newgrounds I barely remember at this point. There was some Red vs. Blue and the spin-off PANICS. PANICS used the engine and character models from F.E.A.R. A lot of egoraptor's stuff, but I was already a teenager by this point or turning 18 when seeing most of the shows mentioned.

EDIT: There is Dead Fantasy from the late Monty Oum. Years before he started on RWBY. Rest in peace good sir.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Dad's Home was another stone cold classic back in the Newgrounds days. If you never saw it then shame. Shame on your family. Or something....

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Asita said:
I dunno...Kiwi? All Your Pie? Adam Phillips' Brackenwood stuff? Web animation wasn't really a thing when I was growing up.
I think I remember watching All Your Pie at some point around 2006. I can't say for sure but it seems vaguely familiar. I don't think I liked it back then either. I must have seen it because for some reason it made me think of this Banana Phone video, which I must have watched around the same time:

I wish I had a better memory. I've been sitting here for 5 minutes thinking about some vague recollection I have of videos I watched back then, but I can't even remember enough to know whether it's even a real memory. One of the suckiest parts of being human.

EDIT: Here's another one: Rawest Forest
I once listened to this song on repeat at school for nearly an entire day.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Squilookle said:
Dad's Home was another stone cold classic back in the Newgrounds days. If you never saw it then shame. Shame on your family. Or something....

Man, I loved this one back in the day. What is even going on, though?! It's so bizarre!

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Drathnoxis said:
Squilookle said:

Man, I loved this one back in the day. What is even going on, though?! It's so bizarre!
Right!? The sequel is even more insane: