Webcomic Contest Winner Announced and Gallery Is Live

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Webcomic Contest Winner Announced and Gallery Is Live

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic]

The Webcomic Contest has ended! A winner has been announced, and our webcomic gallery is now available for your viewing pleasure.

Thank you to everyone who participated in The Escapist's first ever Webcomic Contest! We had a massive turnout, and it was great to see so many different styles and genres of webcomics. Due to the variety of creativity and talent, we decided to make all of the webcomics available for your enjoyment in a 21 page gallery. The webcomics may differ in writing, drawing or illustration, but they've all got one thing in common: the amount of heart participants put in to making them! Take a look at our webcomic gallery, and enjoy!

And the Winner Is...

After going through over 350 webcomic submissions, we have come to a final decision on the winner. A hearty congratulations and the grand prize contract go to [user]Decoy Doctorpus[/user] for their submission Out of Tens!

Additionally, there were also 17 entries that stuck out for our judges. Since we could only award one grand prize, we decided to give them "Honorable Mentions" and these webcomics have their own page in the gallery. The honorable mentions go to:

[user]cbthomas218[/user] for IM!
[user]Archemetis[/user] for MiniGames
[user]Furrama[/user] for The Interwebz
[user]Coelasquid[/user] for Manly Guys Doing Manly Things
[user]Space Jawa[/user] for Robot Viking Ninja Pirates
[user]MaTT2011[/user] for Difficulty Up
[user]andidas311[/user] for Paused
[user]Lysgaard[/user] for Bumhug Parade
[user]DariusPoyer[/user] for Fables from the Rift
[user]DoanDavid[/user] for Inglorious Slayers
[user]liludallasmultipass[/user] for Space Monkeys from Space
[user]Eyeshock[/user] for Anubis
[user]Conicon[/user] for Girlies Don't Game
[user]psudonym[/user] for The Escapist Radio Theater
[user]Leels[/user] for Name Game
[user]maxbola[/user] for The Last Shot
[user]bryantpaul[/user] for Dropped Frames

To view the entire gallery, click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic]. We've also included those webcomics that were ineligible or submitted after the deadline to the gallery as well. Thank you to everyone who participated!

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
Well there goes my week and a half of waiting...

Yeah, wait, gallery isn't there right now.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Give it a refresh (Ctrl-F5). Pulling back the 'curtain', but your browser may have cached the page before it was done.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
It's good to know that the guy who won was a notable Escapist as opposed to some yahoo who joined just for the contest.
I am saddened that I couldn't join due to my art monkey having priorities.

Gerbil117

Feb 4, 2010
Souplex said:
It's good to know that the guy who won was a notable Escapist as opposed to some yahoo who joined just for the contest.
I am saddened that I couldn't join due to my art monkey having priorities.
Speaking as one of these "yahoo"s, some of us are just not vocal forum-goers by nature.

Either way, the winning comic is pretty good looking and downright hilarious, so mad props and swallowed prides go out to the authors!

Feb 13, 2008
paulgruberman said:
Give it a refresh (Ctrl-F5). Pulling back the 'curtain', but your browser may have cached the page before it was done.
Seems like that's it, my comic's there. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74349&ix=10](shameless plug ;))

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
after reading most of em i cry a single tear, why didn't "Manly Guys Doing Manly Things" win, it was funny well drawn and i would dance till i peed myself if i could see 2 new comics each week.

at least the winner was hilarious, but I'll keep my shamus young body pillow for now.

Dizko

Feb 25, 2010
This has proven more depressing than it was worth. I didn't even make honorable mention.

Congrats to the winner.

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
swaki said:
after reading most of em i cry a single tear, why didn't "Manly Guys Doing Manly Things" win, it was funny well drawn and i would dance till i peed myself if i could see 2 new comics each week.
I'm sure most of them will be continued on else were, so do not pee yourself just yet.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Well, I may not have won, which is sad, but at least Zolf and I got an honorable mention, and I can't possibly complain about that.

Congrats to the rest of the honorable mentions, and a special congrats to Decoy Doctorpus for winning. Have fun with your grand prize!

Hat of Controversy

Nov 11, 2009
Ha! Nice! Should've known I wouldn't make it, due to my lack of writing skills. But ah well, fun none the less.

Hey! I want a shameless plug for my entry too! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=73999&page=1&ix=4]

Oh wait...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Congrats to the winner and all the entrants! I look forward to seeing what is going to be put up! hehe! Shamus has a rival now! =D

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
swaki said:
Agreed. I loved the Bioshock strip.

At least the winner was still really good.