Webcomic Contest Winner Announced and Gallery Is Live

narcolepsyinc

Feb 25, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74062&page=1&ix=5

I read the guide to not getting your comic disqualified and thought I was good on the rules. I could literally beat myself for not fine tooth combing over the actual rules. Soooo bittersweet. Congrats to those of you who won/got honorable mentions.

Remy Cambridge

Feb 8, 2010
Wooo, I got commented on with good and bad! I shall comment more upon this later.

But for now, congrats to you Decoy Doctorpus. I enjoyed what I saw and would enjoy to see more.
And great job Coeala, nothing else has been quite as fun as seeing Big Daddy Day Care.

PS. Beautiful work, The Last Shot.

Great stuff ya'll. Now maybe you guys can start up that whole "The Refugee" webcomics, or whatever you guys were talking about.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
LACKT said:
Lol,goes back to the shadows watching Yahtzee.
You and me both.
...after this wanton plug.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74388&ix=13

maxbola

Feb 4, 2010
Congratulations to Rydell and Carter! Great comic, you really deserved the price :)
I'm looking forward to read the next "Out of Tens".

I also would like to thank the judges for the "honorable mention" made to my entry, specially to Shamus Young and Ryan North for their kind comments.

See you in next contest! ;)

toadking07

Sep 10, 2009
narcolepsyinc said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74062&page=1&ix=5

I read the guide to not getting your comic disqualified and thought I was good on the rules. I could literally beat myself for not fine tooth combing over the actual rules. Soooo bittersweet. Congrats to those of you who won/got honorable mentions.
what did you do?

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Congrats to Decoy. I've really appreciated your writing and wit in the past so I look forward to following your comic on a weekly or semi-weekly basis. Some of those strips were vastly stronger than others, but they seem to be capable of making points on the industry while having a semblance of humor. Something many writers seem incapable of. I will keep an eye out for a strip involving your essay on the names of protagonists in the future.

Soup, again I'm sorry I had/have a lot going on back then/at the moment.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
lasherman said:
swaki said:
after reading most of em i cry a single tear, why didn't "Manly Guys Doing Manly Things" win, it was funny well drawn and i would dance till i peed myself if i could see 2 new comics each week.
Agreed. I loved the Bioshock strip.

At least the winner was still really good.
I really hope the writers of MGDMT keeps making them comics, because they're really really good.

I don't quite think it's as good as the winner, but I'd still read it.

Apr 28, 2008
Congrats to the winner. Favorite one was the Mass Effect 2 panel. That always bugged the hell out of me that I needed a full armor and helmet yet my team just needed a breathing mask.

JEBWrench said:
lasherman said:
swaki said:
after reading most of em i cry a single tear, why didn't "Manly Guys Doing Manly Things" win, it was funny well drawn and i would dance till i peed myself if i could see 2 new comics each week.
Agreed. I loved the Bioshock strip.

At least the winner was still really good.
I really hope the writers of MGDMT keeps making them comics, because they're really really good.

I don't quite think it's as good as the winner, but I'd still read it.
I agree with the both of you.
That part with Kratos made me laugh my ass off.

"Press "O" to make them do more comics"

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Irridium said:
Congrats to the winner. Favorite one was the Mass Effect 2 panel. That always bugged the hell out of me that I needed a full armor and helmet yet my team just needed a breathing mask.

Do you think they'd get irritated if we started a messaging campaign to them based off of that?

Maybe if they got enough O's they'd keep going. :D

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
The winning comic was very good and I'll definitely keep reading them but the manly men doing manly things was my favorite and i hope the author keeps making them (here or on their own site) since I want to read more.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
pffh said:
The winning comic was very good and I'll definitely keep reading them but the manly men doing manly things was my favorite and i hope the author keeps making them (here or on their own site) since I want to read more.
Same here. I thought they were pretty dam hilarious and I'd love to see more.

Apr 28, 2008
JEBWrench said:
Irridium said:

Do you think they'd get irritated if we started a messaging campaign to them based off of that?

Maybe if they got enough O's they'd keep going. :D
Pfft, naaah.

We may need to throw in a couple of "X's" as well...

zolf

Feb 5, 2010
Congrats to the Winner and Congrats to the Honorable Mentions. Be proud!

I'd be looking forward to seeing the Honorable Mentions continue posting pages ^_^

Keep up the Great Work!

Aug 25, 2009
Soo, my comic apparently not even good enough for the gallery of rejects and disqualifications?

It's okay, it's not like I feel hurt to the very core of my being...

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Congratz to the winner. :) I don't enjoy many of the webcomics I've read but I actually quite enjoyed it and look forward to reading more.