Weeping Infant Killed For Disturbing Dad's Gaming

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Inb4 (In news) about videogame violence and how all gamers are psychopaths waiting to be awakened.

But seriously, just look at the man's face! Clearly there's something wrong with him. Why would you trust him with your child? No, wait. Who would breed with him?!

I'm not even gonna go on about this. Everything that needs to be done has been said already.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Simply put... this poor excuse for a human being doesnt deserve to breathe. Let me have about a good hour in a locked room with him, and then bring the body bag.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Xbox killed yet another :(
That's why I have PC with earplug headphones
You can stand near me and yell- I won't hear a thing :D
(although I have developing paranoia in progress- I occasionally check what's happening behind)

So save babies, support anti-console movement.

But seriously how much people killed their babies because they were tired of their constant crying, without games being involved? Plenty.
Thing is, shit happens, especially to stupid/irresponsible people, and occasionally there might be gaming console somewhere in the background. But that doesn't mean that gaming is directly responsible for that.
But of course there will be people happy about death of this baby, because it "proves" their "theory" that every gamer is psychotic murderer :(

LunaSocks

Dec 27, 2010
Huh, I knew there was a specific reason I hate people.

In all seriousness though, people like that shouldn't be allowed kids. If they can't control their anger over virtual people, why should they be allowed to care for real ones?

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Stilt said:
Is this the same guy that started the thread "I dont love my son"?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.364260-I-dont-love-my-son
Wow, just read a bit of that. Read the first post... wondered if he was on meds... few post later "on meds."

I wonder if this guy [article father] was on some kind of psychotropic meds as well, but it sounds more like this guy is just an idiotic murderer.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
Therumancer said:
To be honest with overpopulation I've been a big fan of mandatory, reversible sterlization on all people in the USA or anyone living here, and requiring people to get permission from the goverment to have kids, which would be granted only after being able to prove the abillity to support them, and an appropriate amount of parenting knowlege before the birth.
I know this is off topic, but people like you who wants that kinds of laws should really do some reading about population and productivity. I agree that overpopulation is a problem if productivity of the people is not increased, through technology or education, but your idea of decreasing the younger population is dumb because old people are living longer, less young productive people are born (no matter what you think of someone, they produces something through participation in the economy), over time it increases the number of people that needs to be supported (old people) over the number of productive people (young people). See the Europe (especially GB) and Japan for real life examples.
Also do you really want someone else violating your body without your consent.

OT: The guy's dumb.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Shove the fucker in the electric chair, case closed.
I don't care what your fucking excuses are, killing a damn kid is unforgivable.
Oh, and hold the sponge. He deserves the pain.

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
I hate it when they draw parallels between gaming and assholes like this. The game are not to blame, but it always seems implied in stories like this that there is a correlation between gaming and a baby being shaken to death. I don't know. Maybe I'm just projecting. Am I imagining that? This guy killed his child and should be punished according to the laws of his state and/or country. It wasn't the goddamn game that made him do it.

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
With yah on that one buddy. Child killers deserve to suffer in public. Put that shit on TV so other sick f***s get the message that our society won't tolerate this sort of evil.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
gunner1905 said:
Therumancer said:
To be honest with overpopulation I've been a big fan of mandatory, reversible sterlization on all people in the USA or anyone living here, and requiring people to get permission from the goverment to have kids, which would be granted only after being able to prove the abillity to support them, and an appropriate amount of parenting knowlege before the birth.
I know this is off topic, but people like you who wants that kinds of laws should really do some reading about population and productivity. I agree that overpopulation is a problem if productivity of the people is not increased, through technology or education, but your idea of decreasing the younger population is dumb because old people are living longer, less young productive people are born (no matter what you think of someone, they produces something through participation in the economy), over time it increases the number of people that needs to be supported (old people) over the number of productive people (young people). See the Europe (especially GB) and Japan for real life examples.
Also do you really want someone else violating your body without your consent.

OT: The guy's dumb.
I see it as being nessicary, simply because if the population does not decrease drastically we're all dead. It's easy to make arguements about why we shouldn't do something extreme like this, but in the final equasion we're running out of resources, it's not a matter of production and producing enough stuff, but that things like wood, oil, metal and similar materials are being depleted faster than the planet can recover, and in the effort to sustain the current usage we're crippling the planet's abillity to replentish them at all through things like strip mining.

You are correct, what I propose would absolutly suck for a while, and would cause a number of problems that would have to be dealt with, quite probably with extreme brutality, in ways that would be offensive to current morality. It is however the right move in the long run. At least for a generation or four we need a massive decrease in the global population and then to stabilize it at that level.

As far as not wanting the goverment (or anyone else) modifying your body like that? In my opinion that's tough cookies. People knew that we needed ZPG (Zero Population Growth) generations ago and instead the population continued to expand. Like it or not, people have generally proven to be incapable of holding back their reproductive urges, so thus society as a whole needs to step in if the problem is going to be dealt with.

A lot of what I say is VERY nasty, and to many (on this subject and others) I seem like the devil. The thing is that it's all about the big picture, not simply the immediate effects over the next few years or even decades, but about what needs to be done when you look at things in terms of hundreds or thousands of years.

Sure it sucks to see a small young generation, and a huge old generation, and then to have to realize your going to have to basically leave those old people un-supported or dispose of them for a generation or two until society adapts to the much lower birth rate, but that's a comparitively small price to pay in the overall scheme of things, if we wind up depleting the world's resources we're going to wind up destroying ourselves. I could go into it point by point, but really it's not the time or place. It's something that has come up for discussion in the past.

In general this, and a lot of my personal politics and idealogy comes down to reality sucking, and trying to pretend that it doesn't just makes things worse.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Well he sure looks and sounds like a guy who totally wouldn't have had any problems if it wasn't for *gasp video games.

Oh wait, dude sounds fucking crazy. Well how about that.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Maybe it's an idea to put a sticker that reads 'DON'T SHAKE' on a child's head the minute it's born.

It would drastically reduce infant deaths, I would think.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
This just makes me sad. That poor child. And this totally has nothing to do with video games, but of course the media will spin it that way. If what the story says is true he probably had some video game addiction problems, but that's all about him, not the game.

This man was a horrible father, probably not all that great a person, and probably had some issues. Shaking a baby is an all too common problem though. Parents just lose it sometimes.

I hope he gets a just punishment and never breeds again.