Weeping Infant Killed For Disturbing Dad's Gaming

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Maybe this is why I'm told I'm handsome. Some guys out there look disgusting.

And it's a real shame... I bet the baby was unwanted. Who wants a kid at 20? That's ridiculous.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Sarah Frazier said:
MrBrightside919 said:
I bet this will be blamed on Violence in Video Games by someone...and not this guy
Not violence... Video Game Addictions Rob Adults Of Sense, Make Them Murderers.

Alternately: Nintendo Wii Leads To Shaken Baby Syndrome. (I really need to stop reading the newspapers and get a less morbid sense of humor...)
You know if he ever played the babysitting game for Wii then I would blame that. I think there's a part there where you're supposed to shake the baby.

... I'm going to hell for that one, aren't I?

Seriously though, this really makes me sad. I hate when people unfit to take care of children actually get to take care of children. Really the mother would be better off raising it alone than having someone like that around.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Honestly, it was probably more of a case of the father not knowing how incredibly lethal it is to shake a baby.

I sure as hell didn't know that shaking a baby could even harm a kid, let alone KILL one, until a news story on an old gaming forum my senior year of high school. This guy being twenty, and looking like an idiot, that's my guess for why this guy would do it. Shitty situation, if so.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I want to say something reasonable, or angry, or darkly sarcastic...

but right now, all I can think of is "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

World, I've never really expected much from you, and yet still you continue to fail me. How low do you wish my expectations to be?

No, I'm not even angry. I'm just disappointed.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
This whole article has me quite shak-- No! NO! BAD!

...Ahem.

Figures the guy's a neckbeard. Just as the medium starts taking steps forward, some modern day Da Vinci like our friend here pops up and sends us all back to mom's basement.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Guy doesn't look to be the smartest puppy in the litter. I'd say from the details that this sort of thing is shocking, but also somewhat inevitable. Young men who help sport offspring need to realize that there are far more important things in life. Crying babies always go before gaming marathons.

Not that the video games led to the death of the child. It's completely in the court of the guy's inability to make the correct choices. He actively chose that marathoning his addiction to electronic fantasy worlds was more important than his kid, and that shaking babies somehow meant that it would make them stop crying. That man seriously needs a fist to the face.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hrm.

Well yes I am in firm support of stringing this guy up and ending him in the most imaginatively painful way possible *First suggestion is allow him to beaten to death by a gathering of children in the form of the Pinata of Justice. They simply keep beating him until all the stupid comes spewing out. How do you not know that shaking a baby is not good for it. An infant is not a bottle of Orange Juice. In a sense however, perhaps this is for the best. Look at this guy. Clearly hes a moron and definitely not a looker. The girl he procreated with could not have been much of a prize herself, so in all likelihood we didnt loose the cure for cancer with the offspring. There is the possibility but the numbers do not lend themselves to it. So trying to remain positive, perhaps through his idiocy the guy spared his offspring a lifetime of pain and stupidity while it was still too young to suffer from it.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
I never want kids but if a child happened upon my life *knock on wood* I'm pretty sure as terrible of a father I would be I wouldn't come close to harming the child. Seriously turn of the console/computer and tend to your offspring. They be quiet most of the time anyways so whats a few hours most of the day if you are spending 60% of it playing games.

God I hope I'm sterile.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Am I the only one who noticed that this guy bears a striking resemblance to the fellow in the "Scumbag Steve" meme?

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
A minute silence for the kid.

I have to wonder though: how often does this happen when the parents are junkies, alcoholics or just abusive? I never see news stories about those horrible people. Yeah it's good that horrible people get singled out, but why don't more horrible people get singled out?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Urgh not another one, I still remember reading another recent and related post of a child death but this one was more brutal (the father punch the baby to stop it crying).
There was also the one where a guy's girlfriend went into labor in the car. He took the newborn in his arms, said "I'll take care of this", took her round the back, set her down and dropped a cinder block on her head.

Fucking hell, people.

That said, I'm willing to accept that OP was probably an accident. He's still a grade A douche, though.

Edit: Am I the only one who checked this thread out of concern due to one of the escapist users recently making a thread about how he hadn't developed an emotional bond to his newborn son, and his gaming time was next to nothing?

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Yep, it's Scumbag Steve, about two years of steady PBR binging later.

Honestly, the guy screwed up a sterling occasion to prove he could act like a mature adult.

Should a responsible parent:
A) try and figure out why the Hell his child is crying, and attempt to resolve the situation appropriately
B) shake the kid because it's the Prestige, man. THE FUCKING PRESTIGE! OH GODDAMNIT, YOU NOSCOPER FAGS! YEAH, HEADSHOT! MLG SHIT, MAN! WHOO! SHUT UP, COLTON, I JUST GOT A CARE PACKAGE!

Anyone who answers B or even an extremely adulterated version of B fails as a human being. You can't have a kid and keep living the same exact life of general carelessness you led before. Kids require sacrifice and an incredible amount of personal concessions. Until the mites learn to walk and talk, you won't so much as eat, sleep or go to work if it doesn't benefit them.

Gaming? Honestly? Most of the friends I have who *used* to be avid gamers had to give up the hobby almost entirely for years on end, just to their mites would have a sufficiently good start in life.

Then there's the fact that honestly, today's early twenty-somethings are basically living a second set of teens. I can count the mature and responsible ones I know on the fingers of one hand.