Weeping Infant Killed For Disturbing Dad's Gaming

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
That's why gamer parents should only have a nintendo wii; either you play in the company of your stoner friends, or you play for, like, 15 minutes and get tired of it.

Nintendo!

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Sensationalistic headline. Infants don't "weep".

Also, I've been waiting for a time to use this .gif. This seems to sum up things nicely...

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
How is it that asshats like these can produce offspring, yet...

Sam Kinison, Bill Hicks and Mitch Hedburg couldn't produce a kid???

DAFUQ?!?!?!?!?

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
I can't fashion a response to this 'news' article that won't get me banned... I just... How? How can someone take a little person, a baby, and shake them? I have a 6 month old daughter. She can be frustrating at times... but... Wow. I honestly can't see shaking her to make her be quiet as a response that even remotely makes sense. The baby was crying because it was probably tired. My daughter does that plenty. I thrive on like 3 hours of sleep a day. Babies change things. Granted , the guy who did it was barely out of his teens, and still somewhat a child himself. But... Wow. I'm sorry... This just.... whoa... So much... Evil is committed against children and people in general nowadays. Babies are stressful... i get it. I raised my nephews for a while and i was holding down 2 jobs at the time. Did i get mad? Yeah. I'm human. Did i shake them to make them be quiet? NO. I made sure they had clean diapers on and weren't hungry and got so used to rocking them side to side that it made my hips and knees do so out of habit. I sway in grocery stores now lol. Wow. Um... This shouldn't happen. Its just... Yeah, i can't talk anymore...

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
He doesn't exactly look of proper functioning in that mugshot up there. Hope he's banned from ever touching a child again.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
...That is NOT a flattering picture. Of course, they had to go with the WORST kind of photo for this guy, to make him look like an even MORE terrible person for what he did.

Shrapenel92

Mar 27, 2012
This just has nothing to do with the video games. I can't escape the feeling that the news coverage has added this to add a new dynamic so a very sad and simple story, a stressed father made a fatal mistake - whether or not he was a gamer is neither here nor there. This kind of news coverage really gets on my nerves.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
Please deposit all vitriol and existential worry for the human species as a whole in the comments below.
It's quite depressing when a game news site has to report on shit like this solely because the lingering stigma of gaming is inevitably going to be linked to it, and us.

We engage in verbally lynching that awful person not just because he's an awful wretch deserving of far worse than he's going to get, but because we need to distance him from gaming to protect our public image at large.

The whole story makes me wretch, and not just because an innocent baby died for the stupidest reason.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
It's a small comfort for the rest of us that no matter how low in life we sink, no matter what terrible things we do there's always someone who's done worse. I'm pretty sure I've said this before on here but infanticide is the one situation where I'd support the death penalty. No matter how remorseful the guy is you can't get away from the fact he killed a child, some things in life you can never make up for.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
vxicepickxv said:
Kevlar Eater said:
Gee, only in Florida...

Look at that neckbeard. That's the kind of shit that grosses me out. And that somehow produced offspring?
Florida, that's where the really weird shit happens. I mean really weird ones. Some of the stories down here are so weird, it makes me sometimes think there's an Elder God living under the state.
Meanwhile, in Berlin, Germany:
Basically the same happens. The also 6 week old boy doesn't die, but on top of the violent shaking suffers a skull fracture, a broken arm and leg due to the father banging him against "a hard object".

Meanwhile, in Aalborg, Denmark:
Woman, and I could have easily known her, if my girlfriend had joined a different mother's group, finds out that she can put her baby to "sleep" by poking hard on (into?) the fontanel.

Y'know. Just sayin'.