Weird Bug (Win 10)

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
Recently my "windows key" got changed by something, instead of doing the usual of open the "start" and seeing my icon and program it is now pause/unpause any video in my browser and I cant use any hotkey like winkey + anything (like win+f to search, win+o open, etc)
how do I get it back, I have looked all over the place but cant find how to fix

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Quick disclaimer: I don't have Windows 10.

What kind of keyboard do you have? Does it have a 'gaming mode' or a Fn key? What happens when you press Ctrl+Esc?

You can also look at this article. It seems to have all the common solutions listed, though I'm not sure why checking the keyboard itself was the third solution and not the first.

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
standard keyboard with gaming laptop (the one attached to the laptop), it does have a FN key and control+esc does the normal "open window" like the win key would do and I dont think any of the function can chaange the window key

Last edited:

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Try pressing Fn+Win just to make sure (on some laptops that disables the Windows key) otherwise try checking what the other Fn commands for your laptop do.

Otherwise I'm at a loss, since I switched from a Windows XP to Linux some time ago. Good luck!