Weird foods you enjoy.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Bubble tea, british suet dumplings, greek Gyros meat. There's a lot of weird foods out there that shouldn't work but do. So, what weird foods do you have as a guilty pleasure or just a pleasure?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I do like bubble tea. But if we're talking unusual dishes, mine would be meatballs with potatoes and soy sauce. I don't know anybody who eats it, but it's yummy.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Jam and Butter sandwiches. At least all the kids in my School over a decade ago thought it was weird and called them disgusting at every oppurtunity.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Well, since people are sharing, mine has to be roasted brussel sprouts with bacon, and pine nuts. It's so much more delicious than cooking them with steam.

Queen Michael said:
I do like bubble tea. But if we're talking unusual dishes, mine would be meatballs with potatoes and soy sauce. I don't know anybody who eats it, but it's yummy.
That actually sounds delicious, I might have to try that one.

inu-kun said:
I like chicken hearts, it's nice an appetizer and gives the grim satisfaction of knowing how many animals died for it, unless there are time lord chickens.
So, you gain the power of the chickens?

Dalek Caan said:
Jam and Butter sandwiches. At least all the kids in my School over a decade ago thought it was weird and called them disgusting at every oppurtunity.
That needs tuna and sprinkles.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I suppose Marmite counts as weird, since it's basically the leftover gunk from the brewing process that you spread on bread and then eat.

vallorn said:
british suet dumplings
There's nothing weird about proper dumplings. It's just using a different type of fat.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
My mom's ex boyfriend used to make Gorilla eggs. Jalapeno stuffed with cheddar, wrapped in Ham and bacon until you can't see the jalapeno at all, and then deep fried. I swear you can actually feel your arteries hardening as you eat it but you just don"t care.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
vallorn said:
greek Gyros meat.
...isn't...isn't that just seasoned lamb? It's really, REALLY damn good and I absolutely love the stuff! I don't eat Gyros nearly enough.

---

I have had several opportunities to eat donut-bacon cheese burgers. I have absolutely jumped on those opportunities and they were UTTERLY GLORIOUS. I don't care that each one probably took a year or two off of my life, they were totally worth it and I'm going to miss you all when my heart explodes in about 4 months.

I love using mayonnaise on my french fries. I am an American so it's odd that I enjoy that combination apparently. I've seen people in the US mix their ketchup and mayonnaise into a pink sauce but I just don't really like American ketchup that much.

Peanut-Butter and Honey is so much better than Peanut-Butter and Jelly in my opinion...

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Offals of all sorts, really.

Tongue, brain, heart, liver, kidneys, as long as it's on the menu, it's what I go for.

Snails and frog legs too, but those aren't too strange, they're pretty much staples of French cuisine.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I usually highly enjoy reptile. My favorites are alligator tail, alligator Andouille, and rattlesnake. Blackened alligator tail with angel hair and jalapeno pesto might be my greatest contribution to mankind.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Bubble Tea needs to be more popular, not nearly enough people have experienced the fun and deliciousness.

When I was little (and a little bit still today) my dad and I used to dare each other to eat the weirdest foods we could get our hands on. Some of them stuck, particularly fish based foods. Pickled herring and Sardines always get a few winces from my friends. Eel is amazing.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Anchovy. Not really weird as such, but a lot of people really don't like it. I do, if properly prepared and added in just the right amount.

disturbia

Sep 26, 2016
Chimpzy said:
Anchovy. Not really weird as such, but a lot of people really don't like it. I do, if properly prepared and added in just the right amount.
Anchovy on sliched/boiled egg on bread is quite tasty.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
This one probably is a lot less weird depending on where you live, but I absolutely love pickled eggs. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on them and they become even better.

Also, I know a lot of people hate canned oysters, but I love them.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
RedDeadFred said:
This one probably is a lot less weird depending on where you live, but I absolutely love pickled eggs. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on them and they become even better.
Pickled eggs, yum!

OT: I'm Asian, so I automatically win.

Deep fried chicken skin, deep fried chicken intestine, quail eggs, duck eggs, deep fried eggs, boiled eggs with embryos in them, century eggs, pickled eggs, peanut butter and ox tong stew, pork blood stew, pork brain/ass/cheeks/unknown on a sizzling plate, rice sized fish that you eat whole, sun dried squid, chocolate rice porridge, shrimp paste, and worst of all, Cheetos.

PS. If any of the dishes above sound bullshit, they are translated to english.