Weird things you do in your sleep (that other people tell you about later)

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Yes, that's right, in your sleep. As many of my threads, this stems from a conversation with my boyfriend.

I've been known to talk to people in my sleep (my best friend/roommate and I have had many a conversation while fully asleep. At one point, her boyfriend woke to hear us talking, came out to the living room where we were sleeping, and found us both dead to the world but conversing.

I also (apparently) do something strange when I'm in an unfamiliar place: I'll be sound asleep, then out of nowhere I sit bolt upright, stare around the room panicked, and fall back down to the pillows. I never remember this, but it's frightened my brothers a time or two.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I have been known to kick walls in my sleep. Nobody needs to tell me that, as I wake up when it happens, usually with a throbbing foot.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Sleepwalking and talking in my sleep come to mind.
[sub][sub][sub]I'm somehow able to subconsciously maneuver the house while asleep without tripping, something I can barely do while awake. >_<[/sub][/sub][/sub]

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I've been told that I sometimes sleep walk as a crime fighting super hero. I was skeptical to believe it at first, but then I started waking up with all these damned medals of valor, keys to the city, pictures with the president, etc etc and having no idea where they came from.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Apparently I snore...

I swear to you that I don't though.

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
My boyfriend once told me that I was reciting a recipe for peanut butter cookies.

I was apparently talking loud enough to wake him up in the first place.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Well, about 15 years ago, a friend at a slumber party claimed I called her "Captain Crunch" before slugging her in the head & kicking the shit out of another girl, & then tossed stuffed animals at another girl like they were grenades. I also apparently throw things. Half my bed is always on the flow when I wake up. Haha, imagine if I was married & some poor shmuck had to put up with that every night.

florence500

Apr 18, 2009
I was at a sleepover a while back with my three good friends. When i woke up they told me I was whimpering in my sleep, one of them said I sounded just like her dogs when they sleep. The other then told me that I freaked her out. Lol.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
I sing in my sleep. Apparently better then I do when i'm awake and I have also been known to sit up dead straight and yell stuff during the middle of the night. Only happened once but still.....

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
Apparently I'm able to hold conversations when I'm still asleep. It's even lead to a lot of confusion where people will apparently tell me things and I'll completely forget about it. Another problem an ex-girlfriend reported was every time I'd sleep with her, I'd steal all the covers, curl up at the end of the bed and forcefully held onto the cover if she so much as tried to steal any of the covers from me.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
Someone told me I talked about pro wrestling. It confused me a lot.

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
My body constantly tosses and turns and pushes, which means I've been known to go to sleep on a pillow and in a blanket, then wake up on a textbook and in my jacket. Also, sometimes I wake up on the opposite side of the bed that I slept in.

Strid

Oct 24, 2009
I have been known to sleep walk on the rare occasion but mostly it's just the sleepwalking where you sit up for a few seconds and fall back down again. A few times I've also woke up to find myself in a random area in my house.

Another strange thing that happened to me is one morning I got up, just like any other normal day, and looked down at my hand which was covered in dried blood. I freaked out a bit but chances are I just had some sort of sleeping nose-bleed.

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
lets see, i apparently snore loud enough to be heard thru brick walls, and it sounds like a bear snoring (and ill swear i dont snore.

i kick in my sleep, hard, my former home in the azores has many many dents and one hole in the cement wall where i slept

i yell in my sleep, one of my friends thought i was being attacked by his dog.

i walk in my sleep, and apparently once or twice, go to the bathroom, apparently i can manuver my dongle pretty well in my sleep.

oh yeah, i also speek in my sleep, my friend recorded it once after a party, i was speeking on/off in german and latin i think.

and if you look it up, some people actually have sex in their sleep o_O, i dont, but damn, that would be one weird thing to explain to the cops, especially if you got the girl pregnant and dont remember it

KimiJay

Apr 30, 2010
I apparently curse in my sleep.

I was told about it when I was sleeping on my mum's floor as my bedroom was being done up about eight years ago.

I think she was shocked that I knew such language!

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Apparently, I can't lay still while I sleep. It confuses me because I always wake up in the exact same position as I went to sleep in, but I've been told that I'm constantly tossing and turning at night.

Dakaan

Sep 13, 2008
When i was around 14 years old i sold a car to a friend in my sleep, never seen the car and knew absolutly nothing about it, apperently he got convinced and bought it :p

Broken my ex girlfriends nose with an elbow to the face, wonder why she hates me...

Woken up random places in my old house.

And lately i have startet a hunt for UFOs, rapping the alarm clock in toilet paper and reach out in the air for flying non exsisting things... GF gets a laugh out of that every time...