Weirdest/Most Horrible Ways You've Been Woken Up.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Gardenia said:
Radelaide said:
It sounds pleasant, but really isn't.

Be awoken by your own orgasm. It's awkward when you look across and your boyfriend is giggling madly to himself and trying to give you the sexy eye.
Yeah, that happens to my girlfriend too. What's up with that? I've never ever had an orgasm in my sleep (and as a guy, I think I'd notice if I had.), but it happens to her like 3 times a week.
No idea. It doesn't happen to me THAT often. Generally I'm having a really good sex dream and just wake up mid-orgasm. It's so embarrassing, especially if I'm not dreaming about my boyfriend. <--- that I have no control over.

ShadowLord180

Nov 10, 2009
When I was about 7 I rolled out of my bed in my sleep and hit my face on the nightstand. It was a homemade nightstand with rough and sharp edges. That was the only time in my life that I've had a bloody nose, and to this day I still keep my nightstand at least 2 feet from my bed.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
Jake Martinez said:
Mate397 said:
having a nightmare then waking up but you realize that it's still the nightmare and then wake up in real-life very sweaty and barely breathing/high heart-beat. that's the worst i had
This reminded me of something -

One time when I was in college I had a very vivid dream that I had robbed a bank and ran away and was hiding in my dorm room. I was panicking because even though I had evidently succesfully robbed the bank, I had forgotten to disguise myself in any way. I was entirely certain that the cops were coming to get me.

I remember distinctly when I woke up I was in a panic for a good 5 minutes until I realized it was a dream and hadn't actually happened. That was freaky - the dream was so real I thought I actually had robbed the bank.

(The lack of any bags full of money laying around my room sorta tipped me off)
Did you actually dream of bags with $ signs on them?

as for me I have never really had a bad wake up, though If I do dream Im falling I am very susceptable to the falling sensation and wake up moveing forward (I sometimes even feel like Im falling when jumping off high places in games like crackdown and prototype). But for the absolutely worst way i have been woken up is after haveing a nightmare about not haveing studied for a test, or haveing done a asignment for school and thinking oh crap I have to do that and then I realize It's not due till next week, Also dreaming about failing an asigihnment or test after handing it in that day.

not-sid

Mar 18, 2009
I had one of those falling nightmares and woke up in the middle of my living room, still don't know why or how.

brant0

Jan 25, 2010
When I was a kid, on Christmas we made a big, big familiy reunion in my grandma's house. It's not so big, so some people has to sleep in the old garage. More specifically, my house family (dad, ma, bro...).

The result was... COCKROACH IN THE FAIC. The antennas and littles legs dancing on my cheek. And the smell. I coundn't sleep again for days.

The Geek Lord

Apr 15, 2009
Phuctifyno said:
Stephen King's "IT" (the book, not the movie) dropped on my junk from 6 feet up.
I wish I had that clip of the clown from the movie laughing at this point. I'm sorry, I really am, but that's hilarious.

Anyway. I have two odd ways of waking up.

One of which being when we had just gotten our dog and she was sitting on my chest licking my face... That was the only time I was asleep facing upwards.

The other of which being when my dad woke me up in a panic telling me we had someone to come over to view the house in an hour so I had to wake up RIGHT THE FUCK NOW and clean my room... The people who came to view the house walked in and out in five minutes. An hour of panic and constant bitching so some people could not buy the damn house.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
my worst was probably having a carton poster fall on my nose and then falling and hitting the crotch with the other end
also i once put a cube of ice in a sliping friend shirt... it was hysterical...

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Hmm, there's a list.

In high school I was very much not a morning person and had trouble sleeping so my mum would get extremely pissed when I wouldn't get up, once she threw a jug of water on me. I was very unhappy.

When I had a cat it frequently woke me up by licking my hair, I suppose it was grooming me, but it was disgusting.

I have dogs now, they used to sleep in my room, and i'd get woken by one of them licking INSIDE my mouth. They don't sleep with me anymore.

Mo-shi

Mar 27, 2011
There I was sleeping in my long-term relaxation chamber bed, when all of a sudden, this voice comes on! Not only had I slept through Tuesday AND Wednesday, I had slept through 99999! Oh my goodness!

Then, some British bloke starts knocking on my door telling me that "The whole facility is going to explode!" if I don't wake up right now, and open the door for him. Sounds a little shifty to me. I opened the door for him, and you know what he does? He tears my whole room apart! Literally! There was no wall left! He manually moved my room across a dark abyss, smashing into things on the way, and all he has to say is "You might, want to hang on."

He dumps me beside an old testing track, tells me to find "A gun that makes holes, but not bullet holes!" and bids me farewell with a "Good luck!".

What a rude awakening.

I hope I can trust the guy though.

Sorry if someone already said this :p
TL;DR it all.

Sonder Saunters

Oct 24, 2009
When my family and I go on vacation, and there aren't enough beds or whatever, I opt to sleep in the car. My dad once took advantage of the situation, knowing that I had ear plugs in so that passing traffic didn't wake me up. He drove down to the side of a river, like right at the edge of the water, then hid in a diner across the road. Imagine waking up next to a river in your car in a town you've never been in before, with no sign of anyone else you know, and no idea how you got there.

cicaba

Feb 28, 2009
Went to bed with my friend's cat lying next to me in a blanket at a sleepover, awww.
Woke up with it throwing up on my blanket on me. It looked a bit displeased with it's sleeping place in it's current state and walked off.

Also, waking up to hearing people throwing up after a night of drinking.

Yay vomit!

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Dango said:
So, what are some odd or terrible ways you've been woken up?
This didn't happen to me, but I just have to say it.

Someone I know was sleeping in a friend's car and was awoken by warm droplets of water hitting his head. The friend had pissed himself whilst drunk and it went onto the guy's head and woke him up.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
one time i had a nightmare about zombies, and when i woke up. Id manage to put one of my arms over the top of my head in my sleep and it was touching my other shoulder, except it was numb from sleeping on it. Scared the shit out of me.

Blazenwizard

Mar 17, 2010
I once awoke to my cousin stroking my face and staring into my eyes..he said he wanted to wake me gently... o_O

EcstaticObsessive

Jun 12, 2011
Three ones that stand out for me.

1) Going to sleep when I was little, cuddled up with my old cat Pipi, and waking up covered in cat piss. Funnily enough, I felt more sorry for her than I did for myself.

2) Waking up one morning with this intense pain in my leg. It felt like the devil himself was grabbing my calf and squeezing and twisting. I like to think I deal with pain pretty well, but this had me screaming and sobbing and writhing on the floor.

3) And this morning, my friends dumped a bowl full of cold wet apple peels on my head.

Crazy days, Escapist, crazy days.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I had a classic sleep paralysis experience one night a couple years ago. Woke up around 4AM, but didn't wake completely up. Tried as hard as I could to open my eyes but barely managed it, and was kind of trapped in a half-waking, half-dreaming state. And then the really freaky part...

It seemed as though a bald-headed woman with completely black eyes and visible veins under the skin of her face was sitting on me in my bed, staring directly into my eyes and opening her mouth in a completely silent scream while I lay there unable to move.

Eventually I jolted into a full waking state and she disappeared but it was still just barely past 4 AM and I was genuinely scared due to how vivid the experience was.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
i was about 6, rolled off my top bunk on a bunk bed.
landed on my face. I woke up feeling like it hurt like fuck, but I hadn't slept for 3 days, and just passed out again right there. Mom woke me up screeching after seeing me with blood on the floor.

And one just yesterday. I dreamt i was going to high school again, trying to find new classes, when i got horribly disoriented, like i couldnt think. Then i felt one half of my body lose function, and i collapsed on the floor. I woke up feeling one half of my face slumped down a bit, so i started having a panic attack before I realized it was just leftover sensation from the dream.

Blah.

oh, and another one. my mom had just gotten a chihuwienie dog, and i was napping in her living room.
it got on the couch i was laying on, and got its head inches from my face. it was kinda dark when i woke up, and all i could see was its eyes. its beady little ratlike eyes. So i screamed A RAT!!!!! and threw her accidentally. felt so bad. XD

Another one, I was in history class, and I wasnt supposed to be sleeping. I dreamt of an alien face hugger flying at my face, and woke up completely startled, doing a batting motion with my arm and tossing my books all over the place. then everyone was looking at me."oh. OH. SPIDER." was the best response i could think of without getting in trouble.

....I tend to wake up dramatically a lot of days. And this is the only time I have felt a need to tell some of the stories of em.

xXHaytonLloyd23Xx

Jul 17, 2011
Getting a call from your then girlfriend saying, "Last night, you were terrific". Unfortunately for me, i had been at the hospital watching over my grandma for the last week, while she went to all my fraternity's parties.....

ArbiterX13

Jul 2, 2011
Waking up with my foot asleep so badly I at first thought I was still wearing a shoe. I kept trying to take off said "shoe", but couldn't find the back or anything. This results in me believing that I was sleeping with a shoe (not a sock, though) on, my foot must've gotten hot and the shoe had than fused to it (looking back, my tired logic makes me look either insane or five). I panic, run out of bed, turn off the alarm, and go outside in nothing but boxers, hoping to find a doctor to remove the shoe from my foot--and I'm promptly told to get back inside by the police officers standing in my driveway. Turns out there was some dude who fired a gun across the street and then refused to come out of his house. Yeah, that was a weird night.