Weirdest/Most Horrible Ways You've Been Woken Up.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
Alucard 11189 said:
Oh yeah, I neglected volume didn't I? Yeah that really didn't help I must admit, but I am short sighted as well, but I fell asleep with my glasses on so I got to watch him in all his glory. I have the feeling that he is a really annoying morning person. Actually one of my ex flatmates once got woken up by a bunch of freshers and threw his German dictionary out of the window to try and get them to shut up. I don't think he was semi conscious stupor though... Mind you, with your martial arts training I have the feeling you would do more damage :)
Yah, once crashed at a friend's place... oops, forgot to mention (and I can't think of any way of making this sound less suggestive, but): BAD GIRL! Sleeping with your glasses on?! I've woken people up to bollock them about it (and that includes my old man).

Anyway, he decided to wake me up (same uni course) by playing CoDMW at full volume. That got me partially awake, but I picked up the nearest object at hand (an alarm clock radio) and chucked it at the TV. Thankfully, I was saved the bill for a new screen, and instead had to pay for a new alarm clock radio (since it was plugged into the mains).

And I don't think martial arts training has much to do with waking up feeling moody...(!) If anything, it should have a calming effect (pff, as if...).
God, you should see my mother and how she treats her glasses. She hates wearing them, and often misplaces them. She has even sat on them and broke them. Your friend is must be very nice, not charging you for a new screen because if I trashed my friends TV, he would want to be fully recompensed for it.

Janktrio

Oct 25, 2010
When I was 8 somehow a wasp had gotten stuck underneath my blanket and it stung me in the middle of the night. I woke up and started screaming and crying and then the wasp started hovering next to my ear and I heard loud buzzing and I got more scared and started screaming some more. My parents thought I had gone insane when they heard me screaming and yelling about hearing buzzing noises. That... that was not a very nice wasy to wake up.

Vornek

Jan 25, 2011
Hmm, weirdest way to wake up.
Can't decide, so here's a few.

The local retarded kid dragging his hand across my face (don't ask)

Getting the inside of my ear..."painted" with...the stuff you use to remove pen-writing (fell asleep during a LAN, bad idea)

Getting pushed down from the bench I was sleeping on *thud*, then kicked/rolled across the hallway *dizzy* (2 hours of sleep, and the next day is Monday and school...bad idea)

Nephew dragging his drool-drenched hand across my face (babysitting is boring)

Get a cat thrown onto my face (Again, fell asleep during a LAN. But for longer than they liked)

Have a half-liter of Coke getting poured onto my face, and thus into my nose. (I have cruel friends)

Get a pillow smashed into my face (sledgehammer style)

...And that's all I can think of.

-V

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Alucard 11189 said:
God, you should see my mother and how she treats her glasses. She hates wearing them, and often misplaces them. She has even sat on them and broke them. Your friend is must be very nice, not charging you for a new screen because if I trashed my friends TV, he would want to be fully recompensed for it.
As much as I admonish her, my mom is the same way... rarely puts her glasses on, though thankfully, she hasn't ever sat on them, even if she has lost them, repeatedly.

And regarding the TV, the mains cable took all the impact out of the chucked alarm clock so it basically stopped midair, broke and fell on the ground. Only a couple bits hit the TV screen rather tamely. Hence the lower bill, and thank god for it. Being a lowly undergrad, money = not very much.

Garrsus

Jun 21, 2010
conflictofinterests said:
A stranger gently shaking me in the middle of a Subway restaurant, and my mom freaking the FUCK out off to the side. I'd fainted waiting in line. Apparently it's a common thing for adolescents to do, hypoglycemia and all.
erm that's a diabetes thing isn't it?

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
The other day I was staying in Liverpool (quite a way away from where I live) and I had to be up at 5 a.m. for the coach, and ended up getting to bed at 3 a.m.
Tickets for the coach were on a text sent to my phone, which was out of charge.

Somehow, while I was sleeping, I realized that I was asleep, and remembered that I needed to charge my phone, and managed to force myself to wake up and do so.

Nuclear_Suspect

Jun 1, 2010
Well, i was sleeping at a girls flat once and at 4am her cat decided it wanted to cuddle with me which was fine untill it startet clawing my bare chest.

As for one of the stranger but more pleasent ways, I was aparently snoring something fierce after a night on the town with the mates and they wanted to wake me up. Thing is I can get mighty cranky when I'm woken up on my days off... so they took half a shot of bailey's and tossed it into me mouth.

Gulleko

Mar 30, 2011
Dreaming that a monster bit my leg, and waking up because my leg hurt as hell.
And my boyfriend had really bad luck; A cat jumping from a bookcase and landing right in his crotch. >.<
Plus, it was a very big cat.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
The worst I can think of:

-My cousin sat full weight on my face with his bare ass, and farted up my nose. (I kicked his ass afterwords, but it's still an awful way to be woken up)

-I felt something on my arm and awoke to see a large spider. I'm not afraid of spiders, but I am when I'm half awake and one's so close to me...

-My Dad shook me awake and yelled at me to get ready for school. It was 6:30 in the morning on a Saturday.

-The phone rang at 4 am: it was my school saying I had a snow day. I was happy for a moment, but I couldn't fall asleep until 7 am and by the time I woke up again, it was 2 pm. Waste of a snow day...

-My dog barking out the window of the room and shattering my sleeping ear drum

-I've also had my friend and my dog fart in my face to wake me up, but they were no where as horrible as the one my cousin ripped...

-And rolling off the top bunk at 3 am. Luckily, I didn't break any bones, but my neck was sore for three days after.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
the weirdest way i have been woken up by my dog at 4:30 beause he treed a squreel and did not shut up and also he has also been in my bed licking me to wake up for school

Ziggy

Jul 13, 2010
Aglaid said:
Two words, sleep paralysis, ugh such a horrible way to wake up...
is that the thing where you wake up and can't move
and then you hear screams, or have wake nightmares for 1 to 5 min

lunam-kardas

Jul 21, 2011
I fell asleep with my arms in the air, they somehow locked themselves into place so they were like that...all...night. I woke up when morning came and they finally unlocked, crashing down upon my face.

Yes, I was awoken by my own hands ***** slapping me.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
lunam-kardas said:
I fell asleep with my arms in the air, they somehow locked themselves into place so they were like that...all...night. I woke up when morning came and they finally unlocked, crashing down upon my face.

Yes, I was awoken by my own hands ***** slapping me.
Oh God that's hilarious. I laughed for about a minute, until my mom yelled at me.

OT: I woke up to my cat staring at me. Just lying on my chest, staring at me...when he noticed I was awake, he got up, calmly, and walked away, leaving me blinking and confused.

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
Being poked in the face with a tv remote because my friends thought i was dead.

I apparently breathe very quietly and move very little when i sleep.

Moraki

Apr 16, 2009
EHKOS said:
Moraki said:
my painting falling on the light swicth breacking with a loud sound walking me up scared shitless then some how the lights get tured on by that fall so that hurt my eyes mind u i sleep in COMPLET DARK and 1 time i dreamnt that i was in a roller costerr and at the end of it there was no tracks so when i fell in the dream i jumped out of bed that was silly
Moraki said:
my painting falling on the light swicth breacking with a loud sound walking me up scared shitless then some how the lights get tured on by that fall so that hurt my eyes mind u i sleep in COMPLET DARK and 1 time i dreamnt that i was in a roller costerr and at the end of it there was no tracks so when i fell in the dream i jumped out of bed that was silly
Holy lack of punctuation Batman!
in my defense i love zero punctuation and yes i know that makes no sense :)

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
In the PlayStation days, I used to play Resident Evil: Director's Cut all the time, and, like everyone else, the dogs scared the shit out of me. One night I was having a crazy Resident Evil nightmare where dogs were attacking me, and I woke up to my parent's german shepherd ? just a puppy, and had gotten out of her kennel ? running around my room and tearing shit up. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
My dad charging it at 6 am humming an army tune and stamping on the floor, completely naked, then charging out and going back to bed.
I have no idea if he was awake though. To this day he denies doing it.