Well I just broke up my 11 month relationship

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
Been with my girlfriend for about 4 months now. At he point where everrything is awesome and things only seem to be getting better so I'm pretty damn pleased at the moment. However, being the negative thinker that I am, in hte back of my mind al I can think about is that fact that this time next year we will both be going to a different university and if we're still together then, I'm not sure either of us will do the smart thing and break up with the other. But long distant relationships can work for 3 years right... right!?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
My friend's girlfriend introduced me to her best friend (everyone follow that?) in June. We've been talking and hanging out since then, and I asked her Wednesday if she wanted to go out with me.

She said yes!

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
novixz said:
So the discussion value: How are you doing in your current relationship? Are you happy?
Finally an opportunity to *****.

Well, I have been with my girlfriend for over a year now. And it would be amazing. But I moved away last december with my family and of course I had no choice. So we are doing a very long distance relationship and it's been fine for a while. But now I just can't take it anymore. Having to wait for months to see her for a couple of days at a time. Is it really worth the wait all the time? I don't know. It used to be. But now my new life is fucked up and complicated, and having a long distance relationship complicating things further is not very good right now.

I know that I want to be with her for life, live together & start a family etc. But I don't know if I can deal with this long distance crap anymore. Everytime I see her it's a rush to do things, we have to show each other everything, we have to do everything we can and we never get time to a) do everything anyway and b) chillax. We never get any downtime. Everytime we're together we feel like we "have to have sex" every night, at least once. I don't want everything to be desperate. I don't want it to be a rush or anything. I want to pace it out a bit. And it worked for a while, but now it's just getting ridiculous. And whats worse is that my parents current financial situation and my current employment renders it impossible for me to afford to go down and see her for another at least 3-4 months.

I want it to go well. I love her. But it's the situation. And I don't know if I can take it. I know our relationship would be amazing if only we lived near each other :/ It's like she's distracting me from developing my own life. And she's not even here. And my life right now kinda sucks and she's the only thing making me happy. But she's not here. So if I leave her I'm "free" but I have nothing left.

Anyway I'm going to shut up before I piss someone off with my constant bitching and emo-ness :/

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Currently i'm in a relationship of about 4 Months, my first relationship in fact and its going well! I really, really care about her and love her to bits. There are things I try to help her get through because she has some family problems but its all good really, she's amazing :D

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Cheshire the Cat said:
Ooooooh, interested now. Share! But I warn you good sir, you don't wanna get into a "crazy ex-off" with me. I probably got you beat, hell I probably got everyone except John Bobbit beat...
Seriously, no more waitress/strippers for me... -.-;;;
*sigh* Mine is a story more tragic than 'crazy'...

I typed out a spoiler... but for one reason or another, I'm suddenly not in good humour, so you'll excuse me if I don't share...

Instead, I'll just say that I helped her recover from PTSD before we broke up.

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
Phoenix09215 said:
Been with my girlfriend for about 4 months now. At he point where everrything is awesome and things only seem to be getting better so I'm pretty damn pleased at the moment. However, being the negative thinker that I am, in hte back of my mind al I can think about is that fact that this time next year we will both be going to a different university and if we're still together then, I'm not sure either of us will do the smart thing and break up with the other. But long distant relationships can work for 3 years right... right!?
I wouldn't count on it. But if your situation is good and you can afford to see each other often enough then it's worth a shot.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
I'm in an absolutely fantastic relationship right now.
She's my best friend and my lover.
We always talk and fix the problems in the relationship instead of ignoring them until they grow too big.
We both try to make sure that we greet each other with a kiss and an "I love you" before we have to part ways for the day.
And she has an amazing sense of humor and is incredibly supportive.
Plus, I even talked to her about marriage.
She wants to get married too. :)

I hope the rest of you guys find your relationships fulfilling as well.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Meh, I'm not in any relationship, never really have been. I have enough things to worry about without adding a woman to the mix. Someday, I'm sure, but right now I can't deal with it.

Volturism

Aug 26, 2011
I broke up with my ex about 2 years ago, and have thought about her literally every day since the separation. Don't know what to do, really. I have tried everything from getting a new girlfriend, to being a womanizer, to just being alone and crying liquor, yet nothing helps the smallest bit. It's so weird, I have the same feeling in the body as when we were together, I can even think to myself "tomorrow I'll take the train and see her" and feel great, although I know she's long gone and I know I'll never see her again (we had a long distance-relationship that lasted 2 years). We broke-up due to a combination of my battle with clinical depression, frustration, teenage immaturity, jealousy, disapproving parents and lack of money. Looking back on it, I can?t really see how it could?ve turned out any other way, yet the longing won?t quit.

I sometimes perceive this torture as a sort of punishment for the hurtful and endlessly stupid things I said to her. But I don?t know, and either way, I seem to be the only one who?s affected. She appeared in the county newspaper after graduation, where she was interviewed along with her current boyfriend since 1½ years back (she got together with him a couple of months after we broke up). They said that they would spend the summer travelling together in China, then during autumn, winter and spring travelling through the U.S., and then shack when coming home to Sweden, which is interestingly what her parents did some years before they got married.

I haven?t heard from her in a year, she didn?t even send a message when I had my birthday. Don?t know what to think or feel about anything anymore, as I can?t really stop my brain from thinking about her. In the dead of night, suicide seems like reasonable resort, but I guess that would be a touch too extravagant, though it would certainly fix the problem.

novixz

Feb 7, 2011
Sgt. Dante said:
novixz said:
HumpinHop said:

You have no idea how happy I am to see that picture right now! Thanks for the support!
Ermm... I hate to burst your bubble, but that pic isn't an endeering one. It's 'correct' usage is when You're rambling on and I honestly don't give a shit, but when you look for a response I basically nod and say, "cool story bro," cause I have no idea what you said because I don't care...

Basically it's TL:DR [http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cool-story-bro]

On the plus side it's good that you got out a relationship that was sinking, I've had a few bad trips on that boat. Happy with my current GF of 5 years tho. Everyone shoul dbe happy with who they are and what they do, especially in a relationship.
I know he's being sarcastic, my friend was being a dick about me breaking up with her and he always said that phrase. I'm just happy to hear it from somebody else. I can't really explain why it makes me happy to see it now...

royohz

Official punching bag!
Jul 23, 2009
I've come to the conclusion that I'm still in love with the girl in my class that rejected me three months ago. Fun times.

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
Just moved in with my girlfriend of a year and a half. We have an amazing condo downtown Toronto that we can only afford because of a real estate hook-up we have.
Trying to save up enough money for a ring.

Being young, in love and in the big city is incredible. I hope everyone can feel the way I do at least once in their lives.

Overall? 10/10 happiness.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Brutal Peanut said:
I'm married. We've been together for about five years. And I have to say, it's been pretty great.
I'm not speaking from any experience whatsoever, so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of rice, but don't get kids. PLEASE. It will ruin your life.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
onewheeled999 said:
Ham_authority95 said:
novixz said:
So yeah, she just broke up with me. It doesn't matter though, she's homophobic, I'm bisexual, I'm falling for another girl. Don't worry about me. So the discussion value: How are you doing in your current relationship? Are you happy?

Edit: Yeah, when she found out she tried to talk me out of being bisexual. Also she didn't like the "kinks" I had. All my friends say I looked gloomy with her anyway.
My girlfriend is amazing. The only thing wrong with my current relationship is the fact that she lives more than 6000 miles away. I miss her so dearly sometimes, but we can make it work. This Christmas, I'll get a "present" better than any I've ever gotten. ;)

My girlfriend of a year just left for Michigan yesterday for college. Granted, it was already a long-distance relationship (About 300 miles, I'm in California, so it's like 2,000 miles now), but I haven't seen her since July of last year, and knowing I also have to wait until December to see her again (if I'm even able to) is almost unbearable. But for what is possible in a relationship like this, it's been absolutely fantastic. I love my Ashley. <3
Blegh, I'm in Illinois, she's in New Hampshire. We've been together for a year and four months, and she's the most amazing girl I've ever met. We seem to compliment each other perfectly, and I miss her just knowing that it'll be a while before I get to see her. I send her a birthday, anniversary, and Christmas gift, and she hardly ever takes them off. She's written to me and sent me her hair tie and I keep it on my wrist just because it always reminds me of her.

I'm very happy in this relationship despite the distance.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Pretty good.
Just smoothed over a fairly rocky time with my girlfriend of 5 months.
Things are back to normal. Things are great!

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
I've only just been in one for a couple of months but I already have that sinking "Yup, she doesn't want me any more" feeling. Whoopie.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Everything seems to be cool.
We love each other, we leave each other the space one needs, we have our friends and individual friends/activites. the basis of trust works just fine. For 3 years now. We see each other half a week, we got keys of the others apartements. We laugh a lot, we fool around a lot, we talk,sex is great, boredom or grey everyday feelings are not even close and we hadnt had a single fight in 36 month.
We could go out a little bit more though. Not only to clubs etc, but like camping at the sea for 2 days, strolling around in an interesting city, visit a park or something like that. Thats the only thing i wish. But when we have some days off to actually do that we will probably to such stuff again

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
I'm single. Simple post is simple.

As for the OP; you're totally better off, and you seem to know that, so... yeah. Go for it, guy. Go. For. It. Don't apologize for who you are, you're the only one who can be who you are.

Other carebear shit goes here.