Well, my life's stuck in limbo for the next year...

cke

Jun 20, 2010
My year of limbo ended today of all days, had to take a whole year off because of the damned economic situation in my country. Moved to England, spent a few weeks in Holland on the way there. Legalized drugs + a few good friends = fun times.
So yeah, I started a new life while my previous was in limbo. Now I'm busy sewing them both together :p

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Go to the university lectures, as you said, the professors aren't gonna notice (doubt they'd complain even if they did anyway) and you'll be able to socialize with other students - something quite important in battling depression. It'll also be easier to pick up some things you have to study up on.

Pick the classes with professors you can learn from and where you won't slack at class. Fill the rest of the space with a temp job and start making some money and getting some work experience/recommendations for future jobs. Pick a job as close as possible to whatever you're studying, work experience is a good thing and only comes with time, might as well start early if you've got nothing better to do :)

Good luck with everything and hope you sort out both your classes and mental health, I've had a bit of experience (though not at the same level) with both so can imagine what you're going through is not the easiest thing - just make the best of it and don't worry too much about it, you've got plenty of time ahead and losing a school year at your age is no big deal and not at all uncommon!

ragestreet

Oct 17, 2008
Infiltrate the Westboro Baptist Cul...I mean Church and destroy it from within.

You wanted crazy? HERE IS CRAZY!

Xojins

Jan 7, 2008
J03bot said:
Citrus Insanity said:
Get a full-time job, save up money, pay off your loans, etc.
Unfortunately, you're probably right. It just sounds a little... dull, really. Not in general, just given the fact that I have this whole year essentially to myself: I kinda want to go somewhere, see the world a little, but at the same time, I'm a little scared to go ahead and do that.
I guess a part-time job could be a good compromise, balancing it with lectures (even if that's technically stealing education) and some kind of travelling.
It doesn't have to be dull. You can take this time to work doing something you're really interested in. This is not to say you should do something that seems cool, but something you're truly fascinated by. Life gets really boring when you sit around doing nothing, but also when you do a lot of things you don't really like.

Who knows, you might decide to take more time off of school to pursue your job.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Ahlycks said:
J03bot said:
tl;dr - depression screwed me over, now I have a year between studying with very little to do. What do, escapist, what do? Crazy ideas welcome.
do a barrel roll.
zz - OK, done. Now what?

*Checks google to make sure he's remembered the key control for a barrel roll correctly*

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
I have a similar thing, depression screwed me over, and I got a lot lower GCSE grades than I thought id get (still managed to pass everything though, thank goodness) But now all the grades I could have got is making me depressed again, especially since im seeing so many people in my year getting loads better results. Hopefully I wont be like this come sixth form (which starts tommorow) :(