well, the the escapist was just attacked.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
people are talking about it in the big thread, but i know a lot of you don't go there. so I'm going to show you the tweet.

https://twitter.com/archon/status/513365103329423360

shit just got real.

Jack Action

Not a premium member.
Sep 6, 2014
...yeah, I just lost my email acc, so there's also that. I'm guessing they've also somehow managed to get access to the info people have on their profiles. The non-public info, I mean.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I figured that with how bad the forum got this morning (technical-wise that is).

Such an unfortunate world that we live in that babies that can't get their way throw a temper tantrum but whatcha gonna do? It'll eventually die down, the babies will feel like they did something productive using the easiest "hack" in the book to teach the mean old Escapist a lesson, and the world will keep on spinning.

EDIT: Also, could we wait for some kind of evidence before we go throwing each other under the bus? It could have been the anti-GG crowd or it could be the pro-GG crowd or it could be some dipship script kiddies being annoying little assholes. Just...everyone, deep breath....woooosaaaaaa......woooooooosaaaaaaaa.....

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Jack T. Pumpkin said:
...yeah, I just lost my email acc, so there's also that. I'm guessing they've also somehow managed to get access to the info people have on their profiles. The non-public info, I mean.
Hooray for not putting any info into my file then.

Anyway, this was childish in the extreme. The attack should give something for people to think about, when the 'moral authorities' are the ones most willing to engage in illegal activities.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
So that's what it was? I just thought I was having internet problems. Wouldn't be the first time I had trouble doing something for a few hours or days on this site.

I wonder if The Escapist will post an article about this?

Aineko

Sep 16, 2014
BobDobolina said:
Ye Gods. The drama queens. [https://twitter.com/TheEscapistMag]
Aren't you sick of always being wrong? The tweet you are linking is from before Archon confirmed it was indeed a DDoS attack.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
BobDobolina said:
Witty Name Here said:
To anyone curious.
It goes even deeper. The "hardware failure" explanation was planted on the Escapist's twitter by the Illuminati. They've been behind the SJW agenda all along. The Shriners and the Reptoids from Zeta Reticuli are in on it too. No one is safe.
Oh no!

Wait, when you say in on it, are the Shriners and Reptoids actively involved, or are they just in the loop?

(Personally, I'm just impressed that the Illuminati can get all the SJWs to agree unanimously on anything. Otherwise, blaming the SJWs for this would be like saying everyone on the other side has sent rape threats to Sarkeesian.

The mind control stuff they put in Lady Gaga videos must work better than I thought)

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
isn't it amazing that some people think shooting themselves in the foot will help

Velventian

Left here for the world to see
May 17, 2013
Oh sure we are all just conspiracy theorists! We have to figure out where they coordinate those attacks!

Ryan Hughes

Jul 10, 2012
Jack T. Pumpkin said:
That is not what a DDoS does. What kind of attack was this? DDoS simply overwhelms secure login servers with requests. It alone simply cannot gather or gain information. It seems everyone's avatars were reset though, this may or may not be evidence of other actions.

SnakeTrousers

Dec 30, 2013
Witty Name Here said:
To anyone curious. Yes. This is an attack by the Anti-Gamergate side.
What brought you to this conclusion? I made a quick search and didn't find anything to suggest who might have been responsible.

Jack Action

Not a premium member.
Sep 6, 2014
Ryan Hughes said:
That is not what a DDoS does. What kind of attack was this? DDoS simply overwhelms secure login servers with requests. It alone simply cannot gather or gain information. It seems everyone's avatars were reset though, this may or may not be evidence of other actions.
I know what a DDoS is. My point was that on top of the DDoS, they also seem to be going after members individually, which has been mentioned in the big thread. Guessing the reason for me being hit was the thank you to mr. Tito thread.

Archer666

May 27, 2011
SnakeTrousers said:
Witty Name Here said:
To anyone curious. Yes. This is an attack by the Anti-Gamergate side.
What brought you to this conclusion? I made a quick search and didn't find anything to suggest who might have been responsible.
I think its the anti people too. Since the pro gg guys literally have nothing to gain by doing this. Even as a false flag, they would be stifling the only open discussions on a relevant site.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Ryan Hughes said:
It seems everyone's avatars were reset though, this may or may not be evidence of other actions.
Eh, I think that's just to save on resources in high traffic.

Oh, that reminds me. Anyone want to add the red button to their list of achievements? May as well click on it now, makes now difference.