well, the the escapist was just attacked.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Sleekit said:
AetherWolf said:
Ahaha. Someone sure got a taste of their own medicine, didn't they?

https://twitter.com/theMirai/status/513071441206456322
no people committed real life crimes and doing so shouldn't be cheered under any circumstances.

two wrongs don't make a right.

never have.
Oh, of course it doesn't. But it's such a shame people only bring up "legal consequences" and don't fabricate claims that they're "faking it" or "making it all up for attention" when it happens to someone with a Vivian James avatar who frequents Adam Baldwin's hashtag, isn't it?

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Ultratwinkie said:
All we know is that Ben Kuchera was yelling at Greg Tito yesterday to censor his forums about that very thread.

Today this happens and the thread is attacked.
Evidence? Links? I want to see this "yelling".

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
IceForce said:
Ultratwinkie said:
All we know is that Ben Kuchera was yelling at Greg Tito yesterday to censor his forums about that very thread.

Today this happens and the thread is attacked.
Evidence? Links? I want to see this "yelling".
I wouldn't say yelling, it was more like guilting
Ben Kuchera, being the kind soul he is, was worried about his fri-I mean a developer getting harassed and was saying that by allowing the threads to exist greg tito was promoting harassment.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Sleekit said:
however the inference this had something to with the ddosing is not worth thinking about.

the ddosing targeted the gamergate thread specifically...occam's razor would suggest that the highest probability is that it was perpetrated by those opposed to the threads existence but i don't think that's very likely to be Ben Kuchera as much as say a tech savy "sjw" voluntary botnet and/or their SA goon allys.
Fair point.

And this...
Sleekit said:
http://yiannopoulos.net/2014/09/19/gamejournopros-zoe-quinn-email-dump/
... shows emails from a month ago, not "yesterday" (the day before the DDoS) as Ultratwinkie said.

So once again I'm seeing misleading information being thrown around, and conclusion-jumping taking place.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Sleekit said:
AetherWolf said:
Sleekit said:
AetherWolf said:
Ahaha. Someone sure got a taste of their own medicine, didn't they?

https://twitter.com/theMirai/status/513071441206456322
no people committed real life crimes and doing so shouldn't be cheered under any circumstances.

two wrongs don't make a right.

never have.
Oh, of course it doesn't. But it's such a shame people only bring up "legal consequences" and don't fabricate claims that they're "faking it" or "making it all up for attention" when it happens to someone with a Vivian James avatar who frequents Adam Baldwin's hashtag, isn't it?
no that would be ether a lie at worst of a baseless supposition at best.

would you like to check my post history on the subject ?

you might also actually care to read "the threads" responses to the events you allude to rather than just supposing a narrative that fits your bases.

y'know...if you have any inclination to actually deal in realities that is...
There are dozens of threads floating around, some with upwards of hundreds of pages. Sorry I don't have the time to read >500k words discussions pertaining to the so-called evils of the "sjw cults" and whatnot. Skimming a lot of them shows the exact same conversations and trains of thought on feminism I've already seen countless times before over the years and it's just flat-out exhausting to deal with individuals on a case-by-case basis. At this point what's said has been said, everyone outside of the gamergate vacuum doesn't give a shit anymore, the ones inside the gamergate vacuum continue their kicking and screaming, and like I said, all that's left to do is laugh at the stuff like this that's been turning up:

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
Exley97 said:
Okay, but....he CAN'T silence you. Unless he's a moderator, then he doesn't have that control.
Harassment doesn't require being empowered as a moderator. Otherwise, there would be no such thing regarding the average poster. Do I really need to cite the site rules as to what harassment is, or can you get around to doing that yourself without sitting there and defending the guy before you bother to?

Hell with it, why not:

Forum Code of Conduct

Don't Be a Jerk
This rule trumps any other. Any loophole you think you've found in any other rule is covered by this one. If you make our forums a less pleasant place to be, we don't want you here and we have no problem revoking your account. Here are a couple of the things you should stay away from:

Trolling
Posting inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Now, you've asked me not to report you, and I don't think you're deliberately being a jerk here, but since you just got done calling either him or me a troll, here's another:

Flaming
Calling people names (or groups who may visit The Escapist), this includes calling others a troll. Calling another user a troll is always an infraction.

No, for what it's worth, I HAVEN'T reported you for this. Just sayin', these are the rules. If the mods don't want to take action on it, that's their call, neither yours nor mine, but if you're honestly going to say it's TOS-accepted to try and badger people to shut down forum threads without cause... no. It ain't.