Welp ProJared's career on the internet is now forever destroyed.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Drathnoxis said:
Spoony didn't even do anything that bad. Mainly just tasteless jokes and a meltdown before he gave up on life.
I'll also give Spoony some credit for being semi-public about the fact he was bipolar.

Looking back, I think it says a lot about the whole style of online geek media at the time that we were watching someone clearly in manic phase and couldn't distinguish it from the dozens of other shouty, over-the-top personas people adopted online.

He did effectively con people out of money though, which sucks.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
09philj said:
Dreiko said:
Though I will say, I did not need to see Projared dressed up as Sailor Mercury posing suggestively. If I hadn't gone to an anime convention a few weeks ago it'd have seemed too bizarre lol.
At least you didn't see his dick pic. I did. I regret everything.
I have peered into the vast, gaping void from which there is no escape.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Jarrito3001 said:
This saddens me I was big fan of ProJared and this situation is all kinds of fucked up. Though as for a career ender probably but I will perturbed cause many have done worse. I mean ChannelAwesome is till running,JonTron is still making videos and Pewdiepie can suck a childs innards live and Logan Paul is still making money. So I will give the side eye if cheating on your marriage which is bad no doubt is something that going to kill a career.
Apparently the woman he was cheating with is an ex of one of the guys from gamegrumps who turned on Jontron. It's kinda hilarious when you think about it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
If it were just the cheating, I wouldn't care. Personal business, etc, etc.

The gaslighting, backhanded handling, and dick pics/solicitation is garbage.

Seriously, has a dick pics ever worked? In the entire history of humanity, has a dick pic ever worked?

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Dreiko said:
Jarrito3001 said:
This saddens me I was big fan of ProJared and this situation is all kinds of fucked up. Though as for a career ender probably but I will perturbed cause many have done worse. I mean ChannelAwesome is till running,JonTron is still making videos and Pewdiepie can suck a childs innards live and Logan Paul is still making money. So I will give the side eye if cheating on your marriage which is bad no doubt is something that going to kill a career.
Apparently the woman he was cheating with is an ex of one of the guys from gamegrumps who turned on Jontron. It's kinda hilarious when you think about it.
Not really cause with the info and time table it sounds like this affair may of been going a while. Also I don't fault anyone for "turning" on a guy who when put to task went on about "if browns integrate they still mix with the gene pool".

Also I remember GameGrumps being pretty silent about it unless there was extra stuff I did not pay that much attention to Gamegrumps part of that whole affair.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
altnameJag said:
If it were just the cheating, I wouldn't care. Personal business, etc, etc.

The gaslighting, backhanded handling, and dick pics/solicitation is garbage.

Seriously, has a dick pics ever worked? In the entire history of humanity, has a dick pic ever worked?
The answer is yes. It probably has a 1 out of 100 of chance of working so its just better not to do it.

Feb 7, 2016
I couldn't care less about him putting his dick on the internet. There's a lot of dicks on the internet. I've seen a LOT of dick on the internet. You'd practically have to put one on my forehead before I was phased by a dick.

Cheating is a bit more controversial. It's certainly wrong, scummy, and pretty bad. I wouldn't say that would have ruined his career alone.

Apparently there are allegations of him soliciting nude photos from someone that was underage or a tumblr blog all about trading nudes with ProJared himself. A Tumblr blog for nudes between consenting adults is fine, regardless of personal opinions on it. But the allegation is that Jared abused his authority in some way to get the photos from an teenaged boy. I don't know...did he? Something about "putting pressure" by just BEING a popular youtuber meant he was pressuring someone who was underaged. I couldn't find anything about messages between the 16 year old and Jared other than that Jared did send explicit photos, but it doesn't really say for sure if he knew the receiver was underage. Apparently the boy send nudes in return, but says he felt "sexually manipulated".

So I don't know. I don't see him recovering anytime soon, if he does at all.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Dreiko said:
As for the "grooming" thing, this was a 16 year old from what I read which is the age of consent in a lot of locations.
Creepy. As. Hell.

There's nothing nice that can be said about adults (well, 20+, and worse the older they are) chasing after the barely legal. In fact, just about the kindest thing that can be said is "at least it's legal".

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
undeadsuitor said:
Abomination said:
Raggedstar said:
Squilookle said:
All I want to know is exactly how many subscribers he had before the tweet, and now many he has now.
I think he was a bit over 1 million before things started. News broke and he lost more than 80k.
So he has, at the least, 910k-ish? Not exactly the mass exodus that was suggested.
his youtube has about 200k now, and this twitter about the same
How did this man earn 1,000,000 Youtube subs in the first place I have no idea. Right place at the right time?

Somecallmejohnny as a far more nicer guy and has way more quality videos, and he only has 300,000. And he started back in 2008.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Dreiko said:
As for the "grooming" thing, this was a 16 year old from what I read which is the age of consent in a lot of locations. It's not like he was into prepubescent children or something but people are behaving like he was.
Age of consent in most countries where it is lower then the age you are considered an adult (mostly 18) is usually only applied to other people who are not adult. Which basically means that a 16 year old and a 17 year old can bone it out all they want, but if a 20 year old was to have sex with the 16 year old, they are performing statutory rape. This is to protect children, albeit old children, from the predatory nature of sleazy adult assholes.

Even if sending sexual content to a 16 year old isn't explicitly illegal in Jared's jurisdiction (in some countries it'd be a grooming or a statutory sexual offense, as there are many ways an adult can coerce a child into 'accepting' sexually explicit material), it is still in extremely poor judgement and sleazy as hell. It is damning with faint praise if the best that can be said is that it isn't really illegal, just a sign of really poor character and judgement.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Chimpzy said:
Casual Shinji said:
Well, his name is 'Jared' after all.
Is this a reference to Jared Leto being a massive creepy asshole while working on Suicide Squad?
I'd think Fogle would be the first Jared one goes to when thinking "creep"

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
It's a joke reference to Jared from Subway.
Oh, ok. Had to look that up. I'd never heard of that Fogle dude before and Subway is pretty small time around these parts, so news about it tends to not make headlines. But yeh, pretty creepy dude.
Sonmi said:
I'd think Fogle would be the first Jared one goes to when thinking "creep"
Apparently not. See above.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
So just got info he is also soliciting nudes from minors. What is with youtubers and just being grimy with young fans as some sort bonus to their headassery.

Jan 27, 2011
As someone who was a huge fan of his more polished youtube stuff (Wasn't so much into his streams), and found them a source of joy when I was down...This suuuuuuuuucks.

Cheating on his wife is bad enough. But gaslighting her over it? Yeah, ok, no, that's gotten you into the red. That's super not ok.

Then soliciting nudes from fans? Hell no, deep in the red, it's over. It's plain gross.

And then for some of those fans to be minors? And one made it clear they were under 18 at the time? That's when this goes off the charts and makes me scream in anger. There is just no recovering from that.

I sincerely hope those old deleted blogs still exist on the Wayback Machine / Internet Archives, so that the full truth can come out, and if this did in fact happen, that the FBI or whoever investigates this come get him.

At this point, I half expect to hear that he's been found dead. Because it's really that bad.

And like I said, I was a huge fan of him. His Kid Klown in Crazy Chase video was one of my go-to favourites. His D&Dcember stuff helped me get better at running games for a friend. He seemed like tons of good old wholesome fun. So this feels like a betrayal and REALLY hurts.

So, to steal his rating scale...That's why my final rating for this debacle is a broken pedestal / 10.

Because how else do I put it?

After EC and Projared having seriously turned out to have monstrous skeletons in their closet despite being source of joy and wholesomeness, I'm kinda scared that TierZoo will turn out to be running an illegal dogfighting ring in his garage, and that Overly Sarcastic Productions is running an organ theft ring or some shit.