Welp ProJared's career on the internet is now forever destroyed.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
CrazyGirl17 said:
...Jesus Christ, I've already had to deal with the fallout from #changethechannel, I don't need any more of this!
Everyones childhood heroes are rapists and pedophiles.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Marik2 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
...Jesus Christ, I've already had to deal with the fallout from #changethechannel, I don't need any more of this!
God, I hope not. It's getting to the point where if I could, I would abandon our harsh reality all together...

Reality loves stomping all over our childhoods.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Marik2 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
God, I hope YouTube personalities aren't anyone's childhood heroes.
Well, not childhood heroes per say, more like people I respected and admired. That whole Channel Awesome debacle really messed with a lot of us...

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
undeadsuitor said:
Marik2 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
I remember hearing about a youtubebr visiting kids on their deathbed from cancer as their last wish or something along those lines.

And you thought kids dying of cancer couldn't get sadder lol.

Though on a more serious note, this is prolly a generational thing so I try to have an open mind, since I know people who think of videogames as being similarly frivolous due to being simply older.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
undeadsuitor said:
Marik2 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
For some, there are a couple out their. Me, I never saw them as heroes, but fun entertainers, but changed as the years went on and most of them got egotistical or up their own ass. I.E Doug Walker and Spoony. The only ones that I care for are Bennett (who I disliked in the beginning) and Linkara. That, there were many times where they had no idea what they were talking about when it came to certain subjects, yet acted like they're the smartest in the room. I don't care what anyone says, nothing is immune to criticism, but Doug Walker, especially really acted like he wasn't. The horror stories from the site, while definitely horrifying, relieved somewhat that I had stopped watching the channel altogether by 2012.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Marik2 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Enough young people have grown up with Youtube as the go-to television surrogate now that its very possible The Game Grumps and PewDiePie will be their untouchable nostalgia icons forever. Can't be stopped.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Redlin5 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Marik2 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Enough young people have grown up with Youtube as the go-to television surrogate now that its very possible The Game Grumps and PewDiePie will be their untouchable nostalgia icons forever. Can't be stopped.
Just like Michael Jackson.

Caramel Frappe

Legacy
Dec 10, 2010
California
Country
United States
So let me get this straight ... he had a very beautiful wife, who's really into gaming and cosplaying. He cheats on her ...
The amount of salt and anger I hold for him is almost infinite. You're bloody lucky to of found such a beautiful, caring wife with hobbies that are a nerd's dream and you CHEAT ON HER?? For months?!

That's not including the photos and sick shit he's done too ... figures. I hope she finds someone to treat her wwwaaaay better than Jared ever did. My question is- how did they end up together? Not dissing on how Jared looks, but look at his wife than at him.

Just, how?

Red Sentinel

May 20, 2014
Caramel Frappe said:
Not dissing on how Jared looks, but look at his wife than at him.

Just, how?
Got any pictures of her? I dare not google for this again, out of fear of running into more dick pics...

Sep 24, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
So let me get this straight ... he had a very beautiful wife, who's really into gaming and cosplaying. He cheats on her ...
The amount of salt and anger I hold for him is almost infinite. You're bloody lucky to of found such a beautiful, caring wife with hobbies that are a nerd's dream and you CHEAT ON HER?? For months?!

That's not including the photos and sick shit he's done too ... figures. I hope she finds someone to treat her wwwaaaay better than Jared ever did. My question is- how did they end up together? Not dissing on how Jared looks, but look at his wife than at him.

Just, how?
Aren't you answering your own question?

As someone who didn't have women beating down the door when he was younger, but suddenly being considered attractive when he got older... Yeah, there was a beginning where I ate up the attention.

Well, as much as I could. I still had crippling doubt that I was misreading everything, but it felt like a hit of a drug every time someone new said I was attractive.

The guy looks like a part of my own high school DnD club. And women are now throwing themselves at him. Things that all us geeks wanted at one point in time. Some people will be like me and like the attention but instinctively distrust it... and some people will be like Jared and get while the getting is good.

Incidentally, usually 'getting' will make getting no longer good in the long run. It will always get messed up some how.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Caramel Frappe said:

Just, how?
So if ProJared was more attractive it would of been less of an issue. And if his girl was an uggo and the new girl was hot you would of gave it a pass? I am messing with you I don't think your bad person its just the attractive arguments of it make it seem like he broke his rank and place in a metaphorical totem and not just be a piece shit and if his "rank" was higher it would of been more accept.

But I mostly agree with ObsidianJones classic case of cracking under the pressure of getting positive attention from the opposite that was foreign to you for the longest.

Aug 31, 2012
Caramel Frappe said:

Just, how?
Well, I mean...do you know what their relationship was like? Do you know what she's like to live with as a person? What he wants out of it? What she wants?

Not saying that cheating on her wasn't a shitty thing to do. If you find someone else, end it first, but all that is some pretty damn superficial shit to base a marriage on. I'm probably being quite reductive to your argument here(if indeed you were even making one), but it seems like you're saying "she's beautiful and likes nerd things, how on earth could it fail, how could he not be happy with that?"

The dick pics and soliciting nudes from underage girls are what I'd be worried about. The relationship stuff? Welcome to life. Next on the news, man eats breakfast in morning.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
CaitSeith said:
Redlin5 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Marik2 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Just like Michael Jackson.
Many people think Bill Cosby is still cool

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Caramel Frappe said:

Just, how?
From his Kinect video, I'd dare to say it was his dancing moves. Not a lot of people can actually look as cool as him while playing Dance Central. There is a reason "looks can be deceiving" is a thing.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I wonder if Nickelodeon will air reruns of that one episode of that random show he was on.