Wendy's Kiboshes Unofficial Nine-Patty "T-Rex Burger"

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
And here I thought it would be because someone complained that it wasn't made with reall T-Rex.

Eicha

Oct 7, 2009
Oh, please. There's a poster up in a Fatburger near where I live, a man ate 16 8-oz patties (124 oz of raw meat) in a burger in 30 minutes. This T-Rex burger is a tasty snack :)

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
How is that thing NOT contributing to a positive dining experience, and providing options for your customers... Sad to see it go, cause this is the kind of thing more fast food joints where I come from should do! The only place I can think of is the kebab place that will sell you a 2kg kebab.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Clearly the kind of person who would order such a burger is suicidal. This is the kind of thing that strictly should only be done once as like a joke and shared amongst other people, should definitely not be a regular order food item holy moly. The idea of a single person eating such a thing disgusts me to my core.

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
You don't say 6000 milligrams unless you're a prosecuting attorney talking about cocaine and trying to mislead a jury. It's 6 grams.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Sad truth is i'd order that... its be my food for a whole day... maybe two...

There are dinners in the UK like Route 38 just over the border from me in cornwall :p not great food but tries to mimic you mad yanks crazy foods. But tbh its cheaper for you guys without VAT and the cost of most meat is lower in the states due to more space for all those damned cattle :) over here a burger like that would cost more even ignoring VAT.

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
LordMonty said:
There are dinners in the UK like Route 38 just over the border from me in cornwall :p not great food but tries to mimic you mad yanks crazy foods.
Brandon Manitoba is in Canada.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Oh good lord, that thing just looks... there are no words for this level of foul indulgence

I think I've gained 2 kilos just LOOKING at it.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Arslan Aladeen said:
Compared to stuff like KFC's double down and now this?
Reading this reminded me of that. My friend and I tried them one day, can't remember if I ate the entire thing or only had a few bites left, but about 2/3 of the way through it, my insides were hurting. It tasted good, but it was just painful.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Dammit, guys...

You took the one upside of living in Manitoba and got rid of it...

Why did you guys do this... ;____;
I think CTV said part of it was because one guy had been ordering it almost every day for a while. Would make sense, the staff was probably worried/amazed at the stupid and this is a way to protect themselves and maybe stop the guy from being so amazingly dumb.

... I'd say we have good weather to make up for it... but, alas, it is Friday, and yet again, the weekend forecast is not great. I need to start taking weekdays off and trying to work weekends.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I could only see this being eaten by really hungry high school students, eating competitors looking to settle a score, and perhaps body builders in need of massive calorie intake.

Quick question... If they added mass amounts of bacon between each patty of the T-Rex, would they rename it the King Kong Baconator?

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Reddit, I am disappoint. This is North 'Murica (because C'urnida just doesn't have the same ring), we eat what we want!

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Devourment said:
Move over America,Canada is the source for all cheeseburger jokes now...
I know, right? I'm waiting like a coiled spring for the first person who comes in here and says "'Murica."

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Deathfish15 said:
Arslan Aladeen said:
0_0 I remember way back in a Simpsons episode, Homer watched a commercial about some bacon burger that at the time looked like a parody of how unhealthy fast food is. Compared to stuff like KFC's double down and now this? It would probably be on the diet menu. No wonder Simpsons aren't as funny as they used to be, there's no way they can top the absurdity of what the world is actually like now.
Wait...is that the one where Bart rubbed the burger on the wall and the wall became as clear as a window, in which a bird flew to it and smacked the near-invisible wall?
No, you're thinking of the one where Homer decides to get super fat so that he can work from home.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Roander said:
But they have a poster promoting it. Does she not understand what 'promote' means or is there some sort of catch in the 'one sitting' part of this statement? Maybe they expect people to store 8 of the patties in their cheeks for later.

*had

They had a poster promoting it, which I bet the local store created, until the Company HQ had them take it off the menu.

Keith K said:
You don't say 6000 milligrams unless you're a prosecuting attorney talking about cocaine and trying to mislead a jury. It's 6 grams.
It's not that misleading. Nutritionists use milligrams for the Cholesterol, Sodium, and Potassium *ideal* daily intake. Blame them

Keith K

Oct 29, 2009
Lionsfan said:
Keith K said:
It's not that misleading. Nutritionists use milligrams for the Cholesterol, Sodium, and Potassium *ideal* daily intake. Blame them
I will! Stupid Nutritionists!

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
What the fuck? Who needs epic meal time, just go into these restaurants. If you think this is a good idea you need some perspective on what a reasonable serving is .... in 20 years time you will just be choosing cows and eating the whole thing.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Fuckin' commie bastards takin' that off the menu. It's the pussification of America, I tell ya'. Any American man worth his weight in shit consumes at least 3 of those in a day.