"We're on a mission from God."

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
robinkom said:
Quaxar said:
robinkom said:
I might watch it. Haha!

Have it on VHS. Luckily, I'm one of the last 3 people in the world that still regularly use VCR.
Woah, man. My 80 year-old grandparents have a DVD player...
Listen, I have a sizable investment in my video tapes from over the years. Unlike a lot of people, I kept mine in very good condition... plus I have a couple hundred of them, mostly from collecting. I have rare stuff that still isn't even on DVD. And yes, I do have DVDs... and Blu-Ray. Hell, I have Laserdiscs. :p
Oh, I don't judge you. In fact, I have one here too, I just don't use it. Plus I've built a DVD shelf out of my VCRs so I can't really watch them comfortably anyway.

Damn, it's a ***** to write with sunglasses on, even with G15's lights. I guess I should switch to a hat instead.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I'll celebrate by pretending to be a country band from Tallahassee, use up all the money we made from the gig drinking beer DURING the concert. And then finally drive off into the highway.

Edit: Maybe I'll ask Carrie Fischer for her flamethrower.

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
I'll celebrate by watching it again, and repeating my favourite quote:

Jake: "This car has a lot of pickup"

Elwood: "Its got a cop motor of 440 cubic inch plan, its got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. The model was made before catalytic converters so it will run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Blues Mobile or what?

Jake: "Fix the cigarette lighter."

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Wow, 30 years? I remember watching this repeatedly on HBO when I was 10 (back in '81.) Still one of my all-time faves, and I'll stop and watch it whenever I find it on tv. I remember thinking it was cool "Princess Leia" was in it and she was crazy-angry. I knew who the Blues Brothers more from their music than SNL (at least at the time.) My cousin had one of their records, "Briefcase Full of Blues", I assume, looking at the discography's timeline. I remember listening to "Rubber Biscuit" thinking it was really cool and weird. Anyhoo...

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips."

...let the celebrating commence!

photog212

Oct 27, 2008
I remember going to the mall (the one in the movie) and being disappointed nobody was driving through it. Its a shame that place closed down.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
meh. it didn't really 'get' me. only scenes i liked were the car chase through the mall, RawHide!, and i vaguely remember a scene where a girl with a flamethrower almost kills one of them.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
robinkom said:
I might watch it. Haha!

Have it on VHS. Luckily, I'm one of the last 3 people in the world that still regularly use VCR.
I'm one of the others, I have a whole collection of frequently used old tapes. Heck, I still record on the things. We must find the last person.

I'm afraid I have not watched this movie...

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
robinkom said:
I might watch it. Haha!

No, Rupert died last week, 244 years old, and Oswald switched to blu-ray, so you're the last person on Earth still using it.

On topic:
I didn't actually enjoy the movie that much.
It was just another movie to me, so I don't quite get the love it has gotten over the years.
So no, I won't be celebrating.

photog212

Oct 27, 2008
SteinFaust said:
meh. it didn't really 'get' me. only scenes i liked were the car chase through the mall, RawHide!, and i vaguely remember a scene where a girl with a flamethrower almost kills one of them.
The woman with the flamethrower is Carrie Fisher.

The Bum

Mar 14, 2010
I love that movie! Shit! they want us to pay for the beer we drank you guys better skate!

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
I wanted to go as a Jake and Elwood duo for Halloween one year but my younger brother wouldn't do it.

We would have been perfect, I'm slightly taller than he is and I'm pretty skinny so I would've made a good Elwood. He's shorter and kinda husky so he'd make a good Jake. Plus, he loves Fried Chicken!

Ryokai

Apr 4, 2010
robinkom said:
I might watch it. Haha!

What the hell is a Vee Cee Arr? Can you like... do stuff with it?

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
I am going to celebrate by performing engaging in a high-speed chase through a crowded mall!

*Look for me on the local news at 10!*

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
Obrien Xp said:
I hate Illinois Nazis!
30 years? They're making some sort of tribute aren't they?
I fuckin' hate Illinois Nazis. I would think that they would make a tribute to a comedy classic.

I'll probably watch it with my old man and eat some plain toast. Oh, by the way, sell me your children, sell your children to us.