Wesley Snipes: I'd Make Another Blade Movie

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Wesley Snipes: I'd Make Another Blade Movie

With all the sparkly vampires roaming our movie theaters, we need the Daywalker more than ever.

Incarcerated movie star Wesley Snipes says that if planet aligned just right, he'd consider reprising his role as the human/vampire hybrid Blade in a new movie. However, he made it clear that he wasn't waiting around for someone to offer him the part again.

"Under the right circumstances, with the right team, yes, I'd do another one," he said. "It would be nice to fulfill some of the really cool plans we had for Blade, but didn't get the chance to go live with." Getting those right circumstances might be a little harder than it sounds though - even if the actor wasn't in prison - as Snipes sued New Line Cinema and David S. Goyer, the studio and director behind Blade: Trinity.

He alleged that his salary for the movie was missing more that $3 million, and that the studio and director made poor decisions - which he, as a co-producer, should have had a say in - that resulted in a poor box office performance compared to the previous moves in the series. The suit is still pending, but it's hard to see New Line wanting to bring Snipes back in a hurry.

Despite his views on Blade: Trinity, which also stared Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel, Snipes thought that the Blade movies deserved more credit than they got for jump starting the comic book movie trend. He said that while gamers and "people on the street" appreciated what the series had done, the movie world saw the series as the "ugly step child" or the "kitchen help" of comic book movies.

Source: IGN [http://uk.wireless.ign.com/articles/118/1187244p2.html]

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
I love the Blade movies and while Trinity wasnt brilliant this news of a new possible Blade makes me gigglesquee. Also as dumb as this sounds I didnt know Blade was a comic book movie untill someone told me it was, I guess it doesnt embrace its comic book heratige as much as Spiderman or Captain America.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Here's to hoping that the actually decide to make another Blade film as I thought they were fantastic (especially Wesley Snipes' portrayal of Blade).

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yes, Wesley Snipes would make another blade movie... But Wesley snipes would prolly make a movie in exchange for a sandwich and a a tax voucher.

Honestly The blade series is a weird point. On the one hand its a very cool series. On the other hand it helped to spawn the rise of Marvel movies (really it was the first one that did well) Yet on the other hand (?!?!) Right now Vampyres are about the only theme thats currently more oversaturated than zombies.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
They should team him up with Spider-Man like in the old cartoon. That story ark was awesome!

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
My wife keeps watching that shitty True Blood television show and I keep thinking to myself, "Man, I wish Blade would show up right now and ram a school bus through the faces of all these douches."

I would seriously pay some money to see this.

Iklwa

Jan 27, 2010
Jake Martinez said:
My wife keeps watching that shitty True Blood television show and I keep thinking to myself, "Man, I wish Blade would show up right now and ram a school bus through the faces of all these douches."

I would seriously pay some money to see this.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
If there's a vampire film that needs to be made, it's Hellsing.
But at least Blade doesn't sparkle like a goddamn fairy..

Spoon E11

Oct 27, 2010
WTF? People didn't like blade? They were good fun films that were just right for a popcorn munching 2 hours.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
At this point in his career he'd make another To Wong Foo movie if it earned him a paycheck.

standokan

May 28, 2009
Of course he'd make another blade movie. The blade movies are about his only popular movies.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
standokan said:
Of course he'd make another blade movie. The blade movies are about his only popular movies.
Once upon a time before he was arrested for Tax Evasion, Wesley Snipes was a pretty big ticket hollywood item my friend. He's been in alot of popular movies.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
unacomn said:
They should team him up with Spider-Man like in the old cartoon. That story ark was awesome!
Except for the fact that they turned him into a white guy for some reason. What the hell was up with that?

And I'm sure Wesley wouldn't mind making another Blade movie... if the cheques lined up correctly.

RADlTZ

Nov 19, 2009
I loved the blade films, even when the later ones pushed the believability a bit, but hey, its a vampire film so who needs believability anyway. Id rather the Blade extention of vampire mythos than the twilight one at any rate. Also I wonder how many people can look past Snipes imprisonment and still enjoy a new movie with him... I probably could because I dont have any idea of what he did and I think he can be damn cool in the right role, and ignorance is bliss. Ill just hope he didnt rape or murder anyone...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I am up for it. His poor choices in trying to outfox the IRS isn't about to color my views on his acting. But we will have to wait a while.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Sinspiration said:
If there's a vampire film that needs to be made, it's Hellsing.
But at least Blade doesn't sparkle like a goddamn fairy..
Yes because all the other American Remakes of Foreign Anything works out so well. The Grudge, Blood, The Ring, Godzilla, The Eye. The The. I cringe at that thought of the American version of the Girl With a Dragon Tattoo.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'd prefer him to be in a remake of Demolition Man, myself. I mean he could still play PHOENIIIIIIIIIIIX!!

What? Demolition Man was awesome.