Western Superheroes Drawn Dragon Ball Z-Style

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Western Superheroes Drawn Dragon Ball Z-Style

Talented French artist Pierre-Marie Lenoir has made several "fusion" mash-ups of famous western superheroes and Dragon Ball Z.

"power up sequences" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/dragon%20ball%20z?os=dragon+ball+z], the anime also has a rather distinct art style. It's this style that French artist Pierre-Marie Lenoir has used in his series of Superhero "fusions" - fusing famous western heroes with the DBZ anime art syle.

Check out Batman, Conan, Spiderman, Robin, and Wolverine below:

[gallery=4592]

Those familiar with the anime will see the clear influences on each character: Spiderman is Tien, Robin is Gohan, Wolverine is Goku, Batman is Piccolo and Conan is Broly.

It's a fantastic little gallery, and you can check out more of Lenoir's work right here [https://www.behance.net/pierremarielenoir].

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Robin, Wolverine, Spidey, Batman, and....Conan?

Don't get me wrong, he's a badass and all...just not the first name that comes to mind when I think of "western superheroes." :p

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
Steven Bogos said:
Those familiar with the anime will see the clear influences on each character: Spiderman is Tien, Robin is Gohan, Wolverine is Goku, Batman is Piccolo and Batman is Broly.
Noticed a little typo there. I think you meant to write "Conan is Broly", which I agree he certainly does.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Oh, another one of those. I hate these things. I absolutely fuckin' despise these "fusions". This isn't art. It's hardly even talent. And the fact that The Escapist thinks it's important to report every single one of these is kind of an issue. IT'S NOT A STORY. How do you manage to report this and you manage to completely ignore something like, oh I don't know, Mafia 3 announcement for example? Where is the first official Assassin's Creed movie photo? What the fuck happened to this website?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
*puts on hipster glasses* Well, actually, that's not Spider-Man, it's the Scarlet Spider. Also, it's spelled Spider-Man, with a hyphen.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Could have been interesting, if the person doing these actually knew how to draw, check batman's neck for example...

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
bluegate said:
Could have been interesting, if the person doing these actually knew how to draw, check batman's neck for example...
Would have been interesting if he could have nailed the DBZ style.. these guys look like a karikature of the DBZ style. Kinda sorta half way there but not really

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
I mean, re-iterate what Jensen said, the Assassin's Creed movie had it's first screenshot of Michael Fassbender go up? That's a little more relevant than 'Dude draws a thing'.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
CaptainMarvelous said:
I mean, re-iterate what Jensen said, the Assassin's Creed movie had it's first screenshot of Michael Fassbender go up? That's a little more relevant than 'Dude draws a thing'.
Both pieces are basically just inconsequential fluff/filler, but agreed, Dude Draws A Thing pieces are getting pretty tiresome.

...granted, it doesn't help that I find DBZ's artstyle to be absolutely horrid, too.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I was hoping for something more than just Superheroes dressed up in DBZ outfits.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
immortalfrieza said:
I was hoping for something more than just Superheroes dressed up in DBZ outfits.
Ditto, it wasn't as cool as I expect it to be like would Wolverine really keep the mask on in a DBZ ese crossover art?

Also, come on! We were all expecting a Goku/ Superman fusion especially when that debate is still raging on who would fight a fight against each other!!!

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Please Escapist, stop with the "character x series" posts, it's boring, you're not Dorkly.
Besides that, where's the Saiyan Battle Armor?

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Um is there a reason the kanji is on all the characters groins? Am I the only one finding it very distracting?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Okay, these are kinda ugly.

Darth Rosenberg said:
Dude Draws A Thing pieces are getting pretty tiresome.

...granted, it doesn't help that I find DBZ's artstyle to be absolutely horrid, too.
Then don't click on 'em. Simple as that.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Eh, I am appreciative of Akira Toriyama's work... but I don't know if this guys work reflects Akira Toriyama all that well. His proportions are... questionable at best.

But, the other way to think about it is: this guy is clearly at least trying. Anyone can be an art critic, but not too many people are artists.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
It's not really the art style he copied, it's the clothes he put them in ...

I was expecting lots of yellow hair (or something) all spiky and erect, not here is X wearing DBZ's Y clothes.