We've Been Named a North Carolina "Company to Watch"

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
We've Been Named a North Carolina "Company to Watch"

The Escapist's parent company and publisher Themis Group was named one of 25 "companies to watch" in North Carolina.

You know, in general we here at The Escapist like to think that we're doing something right. We have a five-year tradition of publishing thought-provoking written content, we have some of the best video series anywhere on the internet - and that's just the start.

That's why we're very proud to announce that our parent company Themis Group has been nominated as one of only twenty-five North Carolina Companies to Watch by the Council for Entrepreneurial Development [http://www.cednc.org/]. The entrants on this list are entrepreneurial-level companies that "demonstrate high performance in the marketplace, exhibit innovative products or display other unique qualities that make them 'worth watching'."

"Themis Group exemplifies the innovation and entrepreneurial spirit that lead to success in the marketplace and in the future," said CED President Joan Siefert Rose. "CED is proud to recognize the accomplishments of all our 25 winners and their significant contributions to our state's economy."

Sometimes you just need to stand and take the compliment, and this is one of those times. All that, and we have crazy Nerf battles [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/1879-Nerf-Wars-2-Gears-of-Nerf], too!

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Atleast my state likes this site.

How could the entire world not want to watch the Escapist? Were that awesome.

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
Conglaturation !!!

You have created
a great company .

And prooved the justice of our culture .

Now go and rest our
heroes !

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
FargoDog said:
Congrats :)

And soon.. The world! Nyuuuuuu!
Sorry I had to.

And congrats, now buy all your members a trip to hawaii! (or is it too soon? :p)

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Well congratulations then.

I was a bit scared when it said Company to Watch. As if there were a chance that Themis might be the next to go down.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
For a second there I thought we'd been put on some kind of terrorist/criminal watch list.

That'll teach me to read more carefully.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
...REALLY weird to see my state in the news. Especially when dealing with the Escapist.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
This reminds me, I've never actually seen anyone ask just how PROFITABLE the escapist is? I mean, it's hard to believe that you keep such an awesome site with so much content running with just ad revenue.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
One of the 25 companies to watch? A company spending 80% of their time nerf battling and 20% on Comic Con and alike? Poor North Carolina.

Woah, keep the banhammer away, that was a joke.
Don't hurt me, I need the Escapist to survive!