What 3 games have you played the longest?

T4FF3R

Mar 22, 2011
I've put quite a lot of game time in since playing my grandfather's Atari 2600 back in the early 80s, but these top 3 really consumed my free time like nothing else.

1. World of Warcraft - I quit over a year ago, but have a few hundred days played and 7 toons above level 80

2. Mass Effect series - I'm lumping these three together. I beat the first one 4 times, the second one 5 or 6, and the third twice so far. That adds up.

3. Dark Souls - I played this game like 8 hours a day for the first month it was out, and I've been thinking about running through it again.

Honorable mentions:

1. Descent - The first truly 3D game I ever played. They had so many user created levels out there, and I've probably put a few hundred hours into the first two games.

2. Street Fighter 2 - Between Turbo, Hyper Fighting, Special Champion Edition, Super Street Fighter 2, and any other incarnation I've played over the years... I've thrown a lot of fireballs.

3. Minecraft. I've played a ton of Minecraft, but the game didn't really CONSUME me like the ones up at the top of my list. It was more a bit here and there whenever new content came along (I got it in late alpha or early beta stages).

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
-Burnout 3: Takedown (In my younger days)
-Civ 4/5 (So...many...hours...lost)

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
1) Pokemon (doesn't matter which one, still feels like a gelatinous mass of wasted time).

2) Final Fantasy X-2 (Got to 100% completion, only took 12 play troughs and 350 hours).

3) Skyrim or some other random RPG (Kingdom Hearts, FF12, etc).

RPG's really are big massive pools where I look back and think 'what was I doing? I could have been doing something productive instead of grinding my knuckles off'

Reptiloid

Nov 10, 2010
1. Oblivion
2. Fallout 3
3. System Shock 2

I know I've got at least 1200+ hours in all those games combined.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
Halo: Reach
and
Final Fantasy X
which of those two has more hours, i have no clue. its close enough that i dont know for sure.

and then probably
mass effect 2 as a 3rd

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
1) Pokemon, around 2000 hours over all the generations
2) The Binding of Isaac at 218 hours
3) Probably Fallout 3 at around 95 hours

Sora383

Escapist +
Mar 17, 2010
Alberta the land of snow snow and sometimes sun
Country
Canada
hmmmmm picking three is hard but I'd have to say:

Persona 3 (with persona 4 being a close runner up)

FFXI (the evil time sink online game)

Kingdom hearts two (still go back and replay it heck just started a new replay about a week ago)

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
1) Counter-Strike: Source
2) Morrowind
3) SMT: Devil Survivor

Considering the first two games, Devil survivor seems like a strange third.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Fallout 3
GTA San Andreas
Unreal Tournament
It's hard to remember back that far but the original Phantasy star games (1, 2, & 4 at least) may top them.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
1) WoW
2) Star Wars Galaxies
3) Diablo 2

I'm not sure about number 3, though. There are several MMOs that might take that spot as well, mainly Ultima Online, but I remember playing D2 soooo much. Pretty much everyday from the time it came out until Warcraft 3 released.

Elliott Curtiss

Apr 19, 2011
if I remember right it's
1. Pokemon blue (gameboy color)
2. Mechwarrior 4: vengeance (played it for 3 months straight)
3.Halo 3

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins
Crash Team Racing
Timesplitters: Future Perfect

I no-life'd the first one and grew up on local multiplayer with the second two.

Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands and the original Deus Ex should get honourable mentions though. And the Dynasty Warriors series, and Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9. And Elder Scrolls: Oblivion......And the Smackdown, Worms and GTA series.

And I'm wasting my life.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Counter Strike: Condition Zero
3. Crash Bandicoot 2

And yes, those all beat Skyrim, which I played for ~40 hours (give or take 2).

Crash Bandicoot I know I played a lot, but the hours would probably be about 60-70 (and achieved 100% mind you, and was 10 or something)

Condition Zero is up to 98ish, according to Steam anyway, I played it heaps before then.

Gran Turismo 5 measures itself as 'in game days' and I've never bothered to look at it, suffice to say, I've driven it 9/10 days for about a year and have travelled 30,000kms going at about 2-3 hours a session 2.5*(.9*365)= 821.25 hours sounds a bit off, probably only 350-400 hours.

PPB

May 25, 2009
I don't have any hours to supply, but I reckon my top 3 would be the following:

- World of Warcraft
- Neverwinter Nights
- Baldur's Gate series

WoW probably wins in terms of raw hours, but NWN is a strong contender. It's one of the few games I've systematically installed on every computer I've owned since 2002. Baldur's Gate is one of the oldest games I still play once in a while, along with Warcraft II. If you factor in the fact that I didn't have my own computer back when Warcraft II came out (and thus wasn't able to play as much as I would have liked), it would probably make the list as well.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
1. Runescape (Anyone who shouts me down is getting my fist up their ass)
2. Team Fortress 2
3. The Mass Effect Trilogy