What are some things you "should" be ashamed of, but you're PROUD of it instead?

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or any other social media account besides WhatsApp and YouTube. Because I don't need to be the centre of attention.

I use an iPhone 6 and only because the glue on my iPhone 4 failed. Because I can evaluate that iOS is better than Android for my particular preferences and ignore the Apple hype train.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
CoCage said:
I own this game:

<spoiler=Onechanbara Z2> https://hardcore-gamer.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2016/07/Onechanbara.png
<spoiler=Kagura vs. Juliet>http://pre15.deviantart.net/1f1e/th/pre/i/2013/258/1/6/onechanbara_z__kagura_vs_lollipop_chainsaw_by_rog_rockbe-d6mdkbi.jpg

But I don't have any shame. It's my game, I don't give a fuck what other jack-off cares. The funny thing is, I showed this game to my mom once, and she laughed her ass off. Ironically, I had a dislike for the franchise at the beginning, but when I saw the gameplay for Z1 and this. I thought I'd give it a shot. Tamsoft definitely were inspired by Bayonetta/DMC when you play both Z1 & Z2. Compared to the older games that were a weird cross between DMC and Dynasty Warriors. The Wii game is decent, but it is almost impossible to enjoy the older games on PS2 and Bikini Samurai Squad (360).

Killer Is Dead is still an awesome game. Fuck the critics, they don't know shit and were trying to score feminism point back in 2012-2015.
Bayonetta is better than both of them :p

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gordon_4 said:
CoCage said:
I own this game:

<spoiler=Onechanbara Z2> https://hardcore-gamer.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2016/07/Onechanbara.png
<spoiler=Kagura vs. Juliet>http://pre15.deviantart.net/1f1e/th/pre/i/2013/258/1/6/onechanbara_z__kagura_vs_lollipop_chainsaw_by_rog_rockbe-d6mdkbi.jpg

But I don't have any shame. It's my game, I don't give a fuck what other jack-off cares. The funny thing is, I showed this game to my mom once, and she laughed her ass off. Ironically, I had a dislike for the franchise at the beginning, but when I saw the gameplay for Z1 and this. I thought I'd give it a shot. Tamsoft definitely were inspired by Bayonetta/DMC when you play both Z1 & Z2. Compared to the older games that were a weird cross between DMC and Dynasty Warriors. The Wii game is decent, but it is almost impossible to enjoy the older games on PS2 and Bikini Samurai Squad (360).

Killer Is Dead is still an awesome game. Fuck the critics, they don't know shit and were trying to score feminism point back in 2012-2015.

I don't like them any less, even though I am huge Bayo fanboy.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
CoCage said:
Gordon_4 said:
CoCage said:
I own this game:

I don't like them any less, even though I am huge Bayo fanboy.
Oh I've played Lollipop Chainsaw, good game with a fun look and pretty good combat and a rather off beat sense of humour. Although I must say it was a dark kind of hilarious to hear Twilight Sparkle coming out of Juliet's mouth.

Never played the game Kagura is from, I know of it, but I never tried it.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I love Hudson Hawk and own a DVD with an extra that is Bruce Willis and his "band" performing The Ballad of Hudson Hawk (aka the Hudson Hawk Theme.)

I understand how terrible it is, and don't care. I love that movie.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gordon_4 said:
Oh I've played Lollipop Chainsaw, good game with a fun look and pretty good combat and a rather off beat sense of humour. Although I must say it was a dark kind of hilarious to hear Twilight Sparkle coming out of Juliet's mouth.

Never played the game Kagura is from, I know of it, but I never tried it.
That isn't even the most R/M-Rated work Tara Strong has ever done. You should see her in Drawn Together (she voice Clara who sounds even more like Twilight, and Toot who sounds like Bubbles), Tinkles from Rick and Morty, KAEDE Smith (Killer 7), and Margaret Moonlight (Mo More Heroes 2). That is 3 Grasshopper games she has been in. I highly recommend Z2: Chaos. You can get it for dirt cheep nowawafay for 8-12 bucks. I got mine day one with all of the bonus extras.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CoCage said:
I own this game:

<spoiler=Onechanbara Z2> http://www.fwallpaper.net/wallpapers/O/N/Onechanbara-Z2-Chaos-2_800x600.jpg

http://www.fwallpaper.net/wallpapers/O/N/Onechanbara-Z2-Chaos-4_800x600.jpg
Didn't know I was a supposed to feel shame over this one. ONechanbara has been a fun series, fanservice trappings aside.

warmachine said:
I don't have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or any other social media account besides WhatsApp and YouTube. Because I don't need to be the centre of attention.
I rarely post anything to Facebook, and then it's mostly because it can hurt my employment to not have a Facebook presence. However, the main reason I have a Facebook account is that it's the only way some of my friends and family keep in touch with people. There are other reasons to have social media.

Kyrian007 said:
I love Hudson Hawk and own a DVD with an extra that is Bruce Willis and his "band" performing The Ballad of Hudson Hawk (aka the Hudson Hawk Theme.)

How can people come down on you for owning a classic like Hudson Hawk? >.>

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A couple of years ago, my girlfriend and I were drinking excessively having a couple of nightcaps, and as is oft wont to happen after we get proper shit-faced a little tipsy, an argument ensued. it was over something vital I?m sure, something like whether or not I moved the wrench from the drawer to the tool box. Anyway, tired of the shouting match, I stormed away into the house to use the bathroom. I was walking pretty fast and the hallway light wasn?t on, so I failed to notice the bathroom door was only slightly ajar instead of fully open as it usually is when vacant. My hand flew up to hit the light switch in the bathroom and it pushed the door open with significantly more force than I intended; it didn?t have a door stop, so the knob punched a large hole into the drywall behind the door. (Fuck.) I resolved not to tell my girlfriend until the next day after I?d compiled a sober, cogent and ?man-of-the-house? solution to the drywall problem? forgetting that women also have bladders and mine might also need to relieve herself before the night was over? which is exactly what happened.

?What the hell happened to my wall?!?? she exclaimed through the door. (Fuck.) ?What are you talking about?? I replied in my most sincere surprised tone. The door flew open and she revealed the gaping hole. Of course, I was *as shocked as she was.* ?Did you slam the door into the wall?? she asked. Sherlock Holmes doesn?t have shit on this one, but God didn?t bless me with this notorious poker face for nothing, so without skipping a beat, I said ?What? Of course not!? so incredulously, I almost believed it myself. The wheels turned in her head for a few seconds when she finally concluded ?It must have been one of the boys this week.? This was during the summer, and her son (then 13 years old) had had a couple friends sleep over, and boys being boys, there was quite a bit of rough-housing including a particularly nerve-wracking stint wherein one of them had playfully barricaded himself in the bathroom while the others tried to force their way in.

It all came together perfectly; prosecution dropped all charges; my lie had been sanctioned by God. Not only did I not have to lie beyond simply saying I didn?t do it, logic and reason had placed the blame squarely on the shoulders of the perfect culprits: a gang of ADHD-addled, hormone soaked boys who would either 1.) mostly likely lie or play dumb if they?d actually done it, so = GUILTY, or 2.) fervently blame each other to avoid any punishment, so = GUILTY. I don?t condone lying, particularly to a woman I love, but in that moment I felt exactly how I imagine crooked cops must feel.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I doubt anyone cares but the interview at the brothel went fairly well. They aked me to work there for a shift to see if it's for me. I'll do so on Thursday.

Seems like a nice business, really. The owner is absolutely nothing like you'd expect a pimp to be like. Which, of course, he isn't really anyway.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Kyrian007 said:

You know, I actually laughed my lungs out the first time I saw that movie.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Dreiko said:
Yeah but that's not relevant to kodomo no jikan. That series is just a coming of age story so the characters are actual kids and their adult teachers, not made to look younger for some creepy reason. People see the comedic fanservice moments and somehow are hit by fits of short term amnesia that erase all the amazing character building that occurred before and after those moments and it makes no sense.
Uhrm, when people use the term "fanservice", they usually means low-key titillation. I hope that's not the sense in which you're using it here.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Something Amyss said:
CoCage said:
I own this game:

<spoiler=Onechanbara Z2> http://www.fwallpaper.net/wallpapers/O/N/Onechanbara-Z2-Chaos-2_800x600.jpg

http://www.fwallpaper.net/wallpapers/O/N/Onechanbara-Z2-Chaos-4_800x600.jpg
Didn't know I was a supposed to feel shame over this one. ONechanbara has been a fun series, fanservice trappings aside.

warmachine said:
I rarely post anything to Facebook, and then it's mostly because it can hurt my employment to not have a Facebook presence. However, the main reason I have a Facebook account is that it's the only way some of my friends and family keep in touch with people. There are other reasons to have social media.

Kyrian007 said:

How can people come down on you for owning a classic like Hudson Hawk? >.>
You're supposed to have shame if you are GameTrailers (now Easy Allies), Gamespot, and xplay(they no longer exist). A few others too. Ironically, IGN liked the one on the Wii. They never reviewed Z2. But fuck em; even easy allies even though I like them. Which is odd, because they had no problems with Bayonetta. Then again, like I said before, the series gameplay wasn't it strong suit until Z came out. The game play before ranged from mediocre to passable.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
PsychedelicDiamond said:
I doubt anyone cares but the interview at the brothel went fairly well. They aked me to work there for a shift to see if it's for me. I'll do so on Thursday.

Seems like a nice business, really. The owner is absolutely nothing like you'd expect a pimp to be like. Which, of course, he isn't really anyway.
They do that to lure you in, before you know it you'll be locked in an S&M dungeon, begging for big mamma & daddy's bratwurst.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
You know those big cultural milestones for us Millenials? Yeah, never participated in them. I haven't read Harry Potter, saw the first 3 movies and thought they were okay, didn't see Titanic, never liked boy bands or pop music, don't have social media, don't Tweet or Facetime, never taken a naked photo of myself, I've never been On Fleek(sp?), and I've never subscribed to a single YouTube channel

and this isn't a 'Born in the wrong generation' type stuff, 'cause old stuff is dumb too, it just never appealed to me. I have friends who are like 'How do you keep up with X and Y' and I don't. and I don't miss 'em either

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Silentpony said:
You know those big cultural milestones for us Millenials? Yeah, never participated in them. I haven't read Harry Potter, saw the first 3 movies and thought they were okay, didn't see Titanic, never liked boy bands or pop music, don't have social media, don't Tweet or Facetime, never taken a naked photo of myself, I've never been On Fleek(sp?), and I've never subscribed to a single YouTube channel

and this isn't a 'Born in the wrong generation' type stuff, 'cause old stuff is dumb too, it just never appealed to me. I have friends who are like 'How do you keep up with X and Y' and I don't. and I don't miss 'em either
I didn't do most of those except Harry Potter. Never saw them in the cinemas. If that counts.

It's almost like Millenial is a BS term that is just a bunch things people dislike and isn't really attributed to an age at all.

OT: I don't think I've ever seen a 'worst movie ever.' For example, Battlefield Earth is a 3/10. It has some... adequate qualities. Seeing it once is fine but never again. Probably should hate it like everyone else but I try not to hyperbolise everything.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
trunkage said:
Silentpony said:

I didn't do most of those except Harry Potter. Never saw them in the cinemas. If that counts.

It's almost like Millenial is a BS term that is just a bunch things people dislike and isn't really attributed to an age at all.

OT: I don't think I've ever seen a 'worst movie ever.' For example, Battlefield Earth is a 3/10. It has some... adequate qualities. Seeing it once is fine but never again. Probably should hate it like everyone else but I try not to hyperbolise everything.
Actually Millennial refers to someone born mid-late 80s, early 90s, who was at least 10 by 2000, meaning Nostalgic for the 90s era pop culture.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Silentpony said:

You're the flakiest flake that ever flaked, my hat off to you. &#10052;&#65039;&#127913;&#128076;

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
the December King said:
Xprimentyl said:
I wanted to contribute to this thread, but have no story at hand- just wanted to give you the nod for a great example. Kudos.
Thanks. I?m typically one of the most honest people you?ll meet, so when the stars aligned and the heavens took my lie and ran with it, I had to own that shit with a level of pride.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Silvanus said:
Dreiko said:
Yeah but that's not relevant to kodomo no jikan. That series is just a coming of age story so the characters are actual kids and their adult teachers, not made to look younger for some creepy reason. People see the comedic fanservice moments and somehow are hit by fits of short term amnesia that erase all the amazing character building that occurred before and after those moments and it makes no sense.
Uhrm, when people use the term "fanservice", they usually means low-key titillation. I hope that's not the sense in which you're using it here.
In this series, most of the fanservice is the sort of comedic slapstic with sexual humor I described. Basically, there's the protagonist who is hounded by one of his problem child students who makes inappropriate remarks all the time and teases him due to his inexperience with dating and he strives to help her. It's a lot like one of those movies where the teacher helps the students survive difficult family circumstances but the teachers have just as much growing to do as the students in this case so it's just amazing character development throughout, peppered with some lighter comedic moments.

I don't wanna spoiler this too much cause it's a great read (the anime is alright part way through but they go the alternative ending route because when it was made most of the manga wasn't drawn yet, which misses like 70% of the story) but basically what you have is people taking still shots out of context and refusing to analyze what is happening and just superficially condemn the series using canned meme responses based on just that alone.