What are the best games to come out in recent years?

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
Watch me be contrarian and lame: the best games of this generation are MindJack and Obusukuro Japan Gamuru: Gaiden. Heh.

Yeah, I'm not funny. Sorry.

My picks are Mass Effect, Amnesia: the Dark Descent and Steam tells me that the game I've played the most is The Binding of Isaac. So I'd go with them!

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
By recent years I'm saying you mean about 2008 plus, if so that would be Bastion.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Even after 8 years, I adore Rome: Total War. More the mod Roma Surrectum II, but hell, it's just awesome! Same with Dawn of War as well. With all the expansions and some race mods its the best RTS out there.

In the past few years I'd say Red Dead Redemption. Replaying it recently made me realise how amazing a game it still is, despite all the controversy surrounding its development.

Axyun

Oct 31, 2011
Arkham Asylum and Arkham City they are fantastic games that excel in execution, gameplay and atmosphere. They are not great because Batman is in them. They make Batman great.

I care little for comics and comic book heroes but I love these games dearly.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only upmost recent game I can think is just Xenoblade Chronicles. Well ok taken a couple of years back I guess that would be No Moer Heroes, Professor Layton, Monster Huntrer Tri Super Smash Bros Brawl and Little King Story (yeah I more of a Wii and DS type of guy).

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Play either Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 if you haven't already. I've heard lots of people talking about them and it'd be nice to be in the know. I've also heard lots of talk about bastion lately, more-so then other 'indie' games.